out of 8
Post on 19-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. D ASIA SMART LINK HOLIDAY TOURS SDN BHD (960273-M)No 75 Jalan Bukit Bintang Level 4.0555100 Kuala LumpurTel: +603-21453699/9699www.1dasia.com
- 2. Penang Island UNESCO George Town Heritage Tour Khoo Kongsi Yap Kongsi and Ciji Temple Hock Teik Cheng Sin Temple Cheah Kongsi Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- 3. Khoo Kongsi Khoo KongsiKhoo Kongsi is a grand temple that shines brightly along Lebuh Cannon. Itwas built to serve as a clan-house for ember of the Khoo family. The walls,pillars and roof are richly decorated with intricate carvings bearing themarks of master craftsmen from China and the beams are made fromwood of the finest quality.
- 4. Yap Kongsi and Ciji Temple Yap Kongsi and Ciji TempleYap is a Chinese clan name or surname. The forefathers of Yap families inPenang mostly originated from Fujian Province of Southern China. Yap Templeis easily recognized by an extensive and colorful ornament of dragons and pearlon its green roof. Yap Kongsi and Ciji Temple, a clan association built in 1924, aTaoist Temple dedicated to Nan`an patron deity.
- 5. Hock Teik Cheng Sin Temple Hock Teik Cheng Sin TempleHock Teik Cheng Sin Temple is not an unfamiliar heritage landmark tolocals, being a religious Taoist temple that has over 100 years history onthe Island of Pearl. The Hock Teik Cheng Sin Temple, also known asPoh Hock Seah, is a clan temple of the Hokkien people who trace theirorigin to Southern Fujian Province in China.
- 6. Cheah Kongsi Cheah KongsiVisitors to this clan house will spot classic Chinese architecture and thesurprising addition of British lion heads as well. The lions are a symbolof the loyalty of the Straits Chinese community towards the Britishcolonial powers. The Cheah clan is especially well-known as it is one ofthe oldest Hokkien clans in the state.
- 7. Pinang Peranakan Mansion Pinang Peranakan MansionThe Peranakans, also known as the Babas and Nyonyas, was aprominent community of acculturated Chinese unique to this part ofthe world, especially in the Straits Settlements hence its other name,the Straits Chinese. At the Pinang Peranakan Mansion, the typicalhome of a rich Baba of a century ago is recreated to offer a glimpse oftheir opulent lifestyle and of their many customs and traditions.
- 8. CONTACT USD ASIA SMART LINK HOLIDAY TOURS SDN BHD (960273-M)No 75 Jalan Bukit Bintang Level 4.0555100 Kuala LumpurTel: +603-21453699/9699www.1dasia.com
View more >