Post on 10-Feb-2017
Embed Size (px)
Vol.XLII 1-15 November, 2016 No. 21
1. DOGRA, Bharat GM Crops: Difficult questions for the Modi Government. MAINSTREAM (NEW DELHI), V.54(No.47), 2016(12.11.2016): P.26. Deals with the Swadeshi Jagran Manch's aversion to the development of Genetically Modified Crops and its production in India due to its negative impact on human health. **Agriculture-Agricultural Research; Gnetically Modified Crops.
-FOREST MANAGEMENT AND POLICY-(INDIA)
2. MENON, Meena Unmaking of the Forest Rights Act. ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL WEEKLY (MUMBAI), V.51(No.44-45), 2016(5.11.2016): P.15-18. Emphasises the need to implement the Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006 for protecting the Forests and Tribals. **Agriculture-Forest Management and Policy-(India); Scheduled Tribes.
3. SRIVASTAVA, Vivek Kumar Relevance of Indira Gandhi in the present age. MAINSTREAM (NEW DELHI), V.54(No.46), 2016(5.11.2016): P.25-26. Pays tribute to former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. **Biographies-GANDHI, Indira.
4. AIYAR, Mani Shankar If the architect came by in 2016. OUTLOOK (NEW DELHI), V.56(No.44), 2016(7.11.2016): P.102-103. Discusses the perspective of Jawaharlal Nehru for India and Indians ideology in the present day context. **Biographies-NEHRU, Jawaharlal.
5. KUMARAMANGALAM, Mohan Some memories of Nehru. MAINSTREAM (NEW DELHI), V.54(No.47), 2016(12.11.2016): P.16-18. Memorizes Former Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru for his ideologies to develop India. **Biographies-NEHRU, Jawaharlal.
6. SAHU, Satya Narayana Tribute to Sardar Patel. MAINSTREAM (NEW DELHI), V.54(No.46), 2016(5.11.2016): P.26-28. Pays rich tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. **Biographies-PATEL, Vallabhbhai.
-POLITICAL LEADERS-NEHRU, JAWAHARLAL
7. SUKUMARAN, C V Nehru's India, a nation still wandering between two worlds. MAINSTREAM (NEW DELHI), V.54(No.47), 2016(12.11.2016): P.22-24. Admires the perception of Jawaharlal Nehru on religion and politics of India. **Biographies-Political Leaders-NEHRU, Jawaharlal.
8. NOORANI, A.G Merchant of hate. FRONTLINE (CHENNAI), V.33(No.22), 2016(11.11.2016): P.35-41. Focuses on the clear attempt of Bharatiya Janata Party to extend Deendayal Upadhyaya to the iconic status that Mahatma Gandhi enjoys in India. **Biographies-UPADHYAYA, Deendayal; Political Parties-BJP.
9. CHAKRABORTI, Soma India a silver lining in global trade. BUREAUCRACY TODAY (NEW DELHI), V.8(No.7), 2016(31.10.2016): P.40-41. Focuses on the impact of India's performance in global trade on its economy. **Commerce-International Trade-(India); Economic Growth-(India).
COMPANY AFFAIRS AND MANAGEMENT
10. DATTA, Prosenjit and Others Cyrus mystery. INDIA TODAY (NEW DELHI), V.41(No.45), 2016(7.11.2016): P.20; 22-28; 30. Highlights the reasons behind the removal of Cyrus Mistry, CEO of Tata Company by board members of Tata Sons. **Company Affairs and Management-Corporate Governance; Private Sector.
CULTURE AND CIVILIZATION
11. JOLLY, Asit Memorial Parade. INDIA TODAY (NEW DELHI), V.41(No.45), 2016(7.11.2016): P.48-50. Critically comments on the State Government's move to contribute and inaugurate number of memorials for war martyrs to give political mileage in the forthcoming Assembly elections in Punjab. **Culture and Civilization-Monuments; History-(India); Assembly Elections-(Punjab).
12. UNNITHAN, Sandeep Preparing for the worst. INDIA TODAY (NEW DELHI), V.41(No.45), 2016(7.11.2016): P.56-58. Comments on the Procurement of Defence equipments by Ministry of Defence. **Defence-Defence Procurement.
13. DEKA, Kaushik India's best states. INDIA TODAY (NEW DELHI), V.41(No.46), 2016(14.11.2016): P.20-24. Shows the economic growth of various States in Indian Union since the dawn of 21st century. **Economic Growth-(India).
14. RAJAMANI, R.C Global factors may pull down India's economic growth. INDIAN OBSERVER (NEW DELHI), V.56(No.21), 2016(15.11.2016): P.21-22. Examines the impact of Brexit and US elections on growth of Indian economy. **Economic Growth-(India); Brexit; Presidential Elections-(United States).
15. CHAKRAPANI, Ramesh Pervasive Penury. FRONTLINE (CHENNAI), V.33(No.22), 2016(11.11.2016): P.24-25. Focuses on the challenges ahead for India to fight against hunger and poverty as indicated by the Global Hunger Index, 2016. **Economic Growth-Poverty.
16. RAJALAKSHMI, T.K Cure worse than disease. FRONTLINE (CHENNAI), V.33(No.22), 2016(11.11.2016): P.64-66. Highlights the 92nd Parliamentary Standing Committee reports of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on establishing and maintaining high standards in Medical Education. **Education-Medical Education; Public Health Policy-(India).
17. HARMINDER KAUR Milking 1984 as an election issue. ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL WEEKLY (MUMBAI), V.51(No.44-45), 2016(5.11.2016): P.12-15. Discusses the campaign issues particularly relating to anti-Sikh violence of 1984 in forthcoming Assembly elections of Punjab. **Elections-Assembly Elections-(Punjab); Riots-(India).
18. JOSHI Yashwardhan Battle against climate change faces many challenges. INDIAN OBSERVER (NEW DELHI), V.56(No.21), 2016(15.11.2016): P.23-24. Examines the contribution of India in greenhouse gas emissions in the aftermath of Paris Agreement on Climate Change. **Environment-Global Warming.
19. LINGAREDDY, Tulsi What is driving rural inflation at a higher rate? ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL WEEKLY (MUMBAI), V.51(No.44-45), 2016(5.11.2016): P.117-122. **Finance-Inflation.
20. CHANDRASEKHAR, C P How is India Inc doing? FRONTLINE (CHENNAI), V.33(No.22), 2016(11.11.2016): P.33-34. Stresses on the need to promote Manufacturing Sector in India. **Industrial Development-Manufacturing.
21. AMIT KUMAR and ARIF AYAZ PARREY How not to be India. OUTLOOK (NEW D