oshkosh spring home improvement
Post on 07-Mar-2016
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSpringHome Improvement Oshkosh northwestern | May 1, 2011 | 3Publish Date: May 1, 2011 If it Glows Indoors,You Can Find it Outdoors Too 10 Easy Ways to Brighten Home for Spring Small Yard, Big Ideas What’s Cooking in Kitchen Remodeling
May 1, 2011
Featuring Big ideas For a small Yard | Whats Cooking in kitChen remodeling
2 | Spring hoMe iMproveMent
oShkoSh northweStern | May 1, 2011 | 3
Publish Date: May 1, 2011SPRING HOME IMPROVEMENT is published by The Oshkosh Northwestern. Contents of the section are for The Oshkosh Northwestern. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without prior consent of The Oshkosh Northwestern. For information, contact Lisa OHalloran at 920-426-6701 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Editor and General Manager / Stewart Rieckman | Advertising Director / Lisa OHalloran | Section Editor / Erin Wasinger | Graphic Artist / Sarah DreikosenLocal Writer / Amelia Compton Wolff | Regional Ad Production Manager / Tina Tweedale | Circulation Manager / Dave Sielski
If it Glows Indoors, You Can Find it Outdoors Too 4
10 Easy Ways to Brighten Home for Spring 5
Small Yard, Big Ideas 6
Whats Cooking in Kitchen Remodeling 8
Free Estimates 733-47013052 W. Elberg Ave.
AppletonServing the area since 1922
GIVE THE GIFT THAT SHOWS COMMON SENSEAND ADDS VALUE, NO MATTER THE SEASON! Protection keep snow and ice from piling upby the door
Retractable awnings provide cool shade fromthe summer sun
Gift certificates available
ADD BEAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESS ORADD B ESS OR, OCOMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YO SSSUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSDD RRADD BEAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINEA RR BUSINMF SSSE TO YOUR B SDD EAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINEADD B AUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESEAUTY COMFORT CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESS ORSSA YBE CO ORTB COMFORT, CO OMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YO USINESSSEAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINESS ORORBEAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VAD BAAD BEAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOU OOMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO ODD BEAUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VALUE TO YOUR BUSINED AUTY, COMFORT, CONTROL AND VAA S S RRR SSSAAD BB I
All Carpentry Remodels DecksCovered/Enclosed
Kitchens & Baths
Home Maintenance Basement Finishing Siding/Soft/Fascia Windows & Doors
7674 DN PROJECTS LLC
Improving Your Home?Offering a full line of construction services
commercial & residential
Call Dave (920) 450-8625Licensed/Insured
Perennial SaleNow through Mothers Day
3.5 Perennials only $1.25 Each!
10 Hanging Baskets Reg $15.95 EachNow $12.95 Each
All other perennials4.5 and larger are
15% offKoeunesGreenhouse & Gardens2015 County Rd II (old Hwy 150) Neenah, WI 920-729-1012
Hours:Monday-Friday8am-6pmSaturday & Sunday9am-4pm
1520 S. Koeller Street Oshkosh | 233-3933 | www.valley-lighting.com
The Fox Valleys premierdestination for lighting,
ceiling fans and accessories.
Great lighting doesnt just happen.Its Designed.
Valley Lighting& Design
By MELISSA KOSSLER DUTTON For The Associated Press
A trend toward creating outdoor rooms has dramatically increased lighting options for homeowners who want to extend their time outside.
Most indoor lighting fixtures chandeliers, pendant lights, table lamps now have a counterpart designed for patios or decks.
We have seen outdoor lights absolutely replicating indoor designs, said Anne Robert of theoutdoorstylist.com, a website that focuses on home trends.
Outdoor lighting is a mood setter. It can make or break a design just like it can indoors.
The abundance of products lets you make outdoor spaces more functional, said Rich Young of Outdoor Living Brands in Richmond, Va. It allows families to extend the square footage of their home, he said. With the right light, you can extend the evening for dining or reading or other activities outdoors.
When choosing fixtures for outdoor entertaining
areas, consider how much light is necessary, said Alene Workman, a spokeswoman for the American Society of Interior Designers. A table needs to have sufficient light so diners can eat, whereas a conversation area may need only soft mood lighting.
Be creative with table lighting, recommends Krissa Rossbund, a senior style editor at Traditional Home Magazine.
Gone are the days when people hang a chandelier over a table and call it lit, she said.
She suggests hanging two small chandeliers instead of one large one, or buying a chandelier at a flea market and painting it a bright color.
Outdoor chandeliers come in a variety of styles, from mission to modern. Manufacturers also offer many candle chandeliers for outdoor areas that dont have electricity.
For seating areas, choose a weighted outdoor floor lamp, said Workman, who owns an interior design firm in Hollywood, Fla. There are wonderful new outdoor lights that are almost art pieces themselves, she said.
If it Glows Indoors,You Can Find it Outdoors Too
continued on page 10
4 | Spring hoMe iMproveMent
RZT 42zero turn
List price is $2,799.00
Oshkoshs ONLY Cub Cadet Dealer
BOHNSTOWN & COUNTRY2283 State Rd 44 | Oshkosh | 920-233-2066
Stop in to Bohns Town& Country for all yourlawn care needs.
New Construction Home Improvements Kitchens & Custom Cabinetry Remodeling & Additions Rough & Finish Carpentry
Insurance Repair SpecialistFire, Storm,Water and Collision Damage Repair
Custom & Production Cabinets & Countertops Residential & CommercialFull Service Kitchen Remodeling
2277 Clairville Rd Oshkosh920-232-7625
g p y
PACKER VALLEYBUILDERS, INC.GENERAL CONTRACTORS
Let Us Help Create YourDream Kitchen Let Us Help Create Your Dream Home
Cl i ill Rd O hk h2277 CCwww.nekimicabinetry.com
Brighten Home for Spring10 Easy Ways to
Room image courtesy of York Wallcoverings, a wallpaper company in York, Pennsylvania, shows wallpaper by York Wallcoverings Bright red-pink and bursting with energy, honeysuckle is dominating home decor trends in 2011 as a playful and vibrant alternative to the serene turquoise of 2010 (AP Photo/York Wallcoverings)
Pink Poppy Knob Bright red-pink and bursting with energy, honeysuckle is dominating home decor trends in 2011 as a playful and vibrant alternative to the serene turquoise of 2010 (AP Photo/Anthropologie)
Hummingbird Cream Square Decorative Toss Pillow Bright red-pink and bursting with energy, honeysuckle is dominating home decor trends in 2011 as a playful and vibrant alternative to the serene turquoise of 2010
By SUE DOERFLER | The Arizona Republic
Many homeowners equate the arrival of spring with cleaning.
But spring is also the perfect time to give your interior decor a facelift.
Interior designers suggest welcoming spring into your home by incorporating simple decorating ideas that mirror natures seasonal transformation. These 10 ideas will help you get started:
1. Clear Out Start by taking a surface and cleaning everything off, said Scottsdale, Ariz., interior designer Judy Fox. For example, remove books, accessories and other items cluttering the top of your coffee table. When you redecorate it, put back fewer items. This will give the room a more open, spacious feeling, she said. Another idea: Roll up those big, heavy rugs. They provided a cozy, comforting feel during cooler weather, but their removal will make your rooms appear larger and more open during spring and summer.
2. Awaken Your Decor If your furnishings have become tired-looking, change them out, revamp them, toss them or donate them to a charity.
3. Bring the Outdoors In Longer days are knocking, so let them in. Put fresh flowers in a decorative vase on your dining table. Flowers such as tulips and lilacs say spring. Or opt for the exotic, such as orchids.
4. Let the Indoors Out Your homes brighter, lighter spring look can extend to your patio and landscaping decor.
5. Go Lighter and Brighter Reds, tangerines and greens are key accent colors this season, Phoenix interior designer Sherry Hauser says. Store your master bedrooms dark decor items, such as the brown, black and gold duvet and matching pillows, and replace them with brightly colored accents and furnishings.
6. Learn the Power of Pillows Pillows are an easy way to change your decors look and feel, no matter the season. Spring looks include bold flower patterns.
7. Make Marine the Core A clear bowl filled with sand and layered with shells youve collected at the seashore can turn into a focal point. Dont despair if you havent been to the beach lately. You can buy them.
8. Take a Journey in Your Own Home Styles and patterns from abroad can be incorporated as accents.
9. Appeal to Senses Candles, crisp fabrics and decorative bowls filled with grapes and berries provide sensual appeal.
10. Make Mealtime More Festive Colorful appetizer or dessert plates can supplement your dinnerware.
oShkoSh northweStern | May 1, 2011 | 5
Building Materials Doors & Windows Home Packages
Garages & Post Frames Outdoor Living &