out of 6
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Noir IconographyBy Adam Burton
- 2. Many objects and elements which make upnoir are extremely recognisable and iconic.The following presentation presents the mostcommon and, using Sin City as a case study,where they are used in film.
- 3. Monochrome filtersThe above screenshot shows a perfect example of black and white. It adds tothe atmosphere of the piece indicating that there is no hope, love or prosperityto come of the situation. I used this particular filter in the majority of myediting . The black and white made the photos I took as part of my Nor shootmore iconic and recognisable.
- 4. Femme FataleAbove you can see mytake on a femme fatalein my noir shoot. Usingweapons in the photoallowed me to portraythe stereotype of thedanger in which isconnected to thefemme FataleOften associated with lust and danger , the femme fetale is often akey element of noir. She is often the temptation of the antiherogetting him into trouble. Often the femme fetale is attached to themain antagonist someway.
- 5. Mood lightingUsed in conjunction withblack and white in Sin City itreinforces the mood of thescene and it can hide keycharacters and their facialexpressions.
- 6. Smoking and alcoholThe use of the stated substances reinforces the idea of pleasure and danger.Some-times in noir they are the source points of violence and conflict. I tookthis piece of iconography in the picture centred and it changes the mood andtone of the scene considerably.
View more >