neolane email deliverability best practices
out of 13
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDavid Letemple, Senior Consultant - Deliverability Expert and Jean-Michel Radiskol, Chief Deliverability Officer, Neolane Email reputation and deliverability is a much an art as it is a science. Attend this session to strengthen your email deliverability skills and knowledge. Learn advanced technical tips & tricks to leverage Neolane’s rich deliverability feature set. Inbox rendering and monitoring, spam scoring, quality auditing, seed-list management, quarantining, whitelisting and throttling will no longer hold any secrets for you. Learn tangible and pragmatic measures to take to optimize your email deliverability strategy. Learn more: http://www.neolane.com
- 1. Neolane Email Deliverability Best Practices David Letemple & Jean-Michel Radiskol Deliverability Experts
- 2. Marketing reputation Marketing Reputation Reputation
- 20% of opt in email messages are blocked by their recipients or by ISP anti-spam filters
- Loss of reputation leading to blacklisting is due in 70% of cases to complaints from recipients
- 3. Deliverability optimization cycle Data quality Relevant content Sending infrastructure Reputation monitoring Data collect Unsubscription process Managing bounce strategies Best practises Check HTML syntax Spam Scoring Inbox rendering Number of IPs / Domains configuration Classes of services Network configuration Authentication Campaign monitoring dashboard Inbox monitoring IPs monitoring dashboard Neolane helps Companies improve their Marketing Reputation through 4 major directions!
- 4. Deliverability optimization cycle Sending infrastructure Number of IPs / Domains configuration Classes of services Network configuration Authentication Neolane helps Companies improve their Marketing Reputation through 4 major directions!
- 5. Sending Infrastructure
- In order to achieve maximal deliverability, the Neolane MTA implements all of today's SMTP extension standards aiming at securing and authenticating emails, namely:
- Sender ID Framework
- Microsofts Hotmail solution
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
- Similar to Microsofts Sender ID and has been adopted by several mainstream companies (AOL, Google, etc.)
- DomainKeys & DomainKeys Identified Mail
- Developed largely by Yahoo!
- Each of these authentication mechanism can be turned on or off on a per domain basis, with a sensible default based on Neolane field expertise.
- 6. Deliverability optimization cycle Data quality Data collect Unsubscription process Managing bounce strategies Neolane helps Companies improve their Marketing Reputation through 4 major directions!
- 7. Bounces management
- Neolane handles Bounce strategies with different status:
- SMTP Hard bounce (e.g. user unknown) -> Blacklisted
- SMTP Ignored bounce (e.g. too busy)
- SMTP Soft bounce (e.g. mailbox full) -> Risk of Quarantine
- 8. Deliverability optimization cycle Relevant content Best practises Check HTML syntax Spam Scoring Inbox rendering Neolane helps Companies improve their Marketing Reputation through 4 major directions!
- 9. Check HTML syntax
- Neolane provides tools to check and assist in controlling and resolving HTML code quality
- These tools are integrated within Neolane Email Wizards
- 10. Spam Scoring
- Neolanes SpamScoring performs a list of tests on outbound emails to determine whether the message could be considered as spam or not.
- Neolanes SpamScoring feature helps marketing users improve their outbound email communications
- Neolanes SpamScoring functionality is built-in
- 11. Inbox Rendering / Inbox Testing
- This feature determines :
- how your campaign will look like across the main ISP on the market
- The folder in which messages has been received
- 12. Deliverability optimization cycle Reputation monitoring Campaign monitoring dashboard Inbox monitoring IPs monitoring dashboard Neolane helps Companies improve their Marketing Reputation through 4 major directions!
- 13. Thank you!
- Contact Information
- Jean-Michel Radiskol
- Chief Deliverability Officer
View more >