NB1 - Ability (can/can't)
Post on 19-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
THE MODAL VERB CANEOI CARTAGENA, A1Isabel Bastida
1. THE VERB CAN CAN SHE DRIVE?
1. THE VERB CANNO AUXILIARY FOR QUESTIONS OR NEGATIVES.NO THIRD PERSON SINGULARPLUS INFINITIVE WITHOUT TONO INFINITIVE - GERUND PAST PARTICIPLE FORM
1. THE VERB CANABILITY She can answer the phone in Japanese.POSSIBILITY I can rest at the weekend, but I cant during the week.PERMISSION Daddy, can I go out tonight? No, you cant.REQUESTS Can you sign here, please?
1. THE VERB CANjump highrun a marathonprint a photo?
AFFIRMATIVEI can You canHe canShe canIt canWe canYou canThey can
NEGATIVE: CANNOT/CANTI cantYou cantHe cantShe cantIt cantWe cantYou cantThey cant
QUESTIONSCan I Can you Can he Can she Can it Can we Can you Can they
SHORT ANSWERSYes, I canNo, I cantetc.
2. YOUR TURN1. Make sentences about what they can/ cant do.
2. YOUR TURN