Multiplayer Video Games in Libraries Games and consoles for all age groups! Games and consoles for all age groups!
out of 26
Post on 23-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Multiplayer Video Games in Libraries Games and consoles for all age groups! Games and consoles for all age groups!
- Slide 2
- What is this?
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- What are video games? A video game is a piece of software that is intended to be fun to use. (Or really, really frustrating) A video game console is a device that plays video game software. The controller is a handheld control device that hooks up to the console either with or without wires and allows for control of the action on screen. (Not to be hurled across room) A memory card allows for saving data to resume at another time. Most consoles nowadays use internal memory.
- Slide 6
- Some facts about the video game industry The video game industry has grown very large and its now in the 7 th generation of console hardware. The video game industry has surpassed the film industry in sales and its growing rapidly. Over 70% of people have video games in their households. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the biggest entertainment launch of all time according to the Guinness Book of World Records. Including books and movies.
- Slide 7
- The consoles I will be covering Microsoft Xbox 360 PlayStation 3 Nintendo Wii Nintendo DS PlayStation Portable
- Slide 8
- Whats the difference between the three big consoles? The Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 are next- generation systems. Meaning they have HD graphics, internal hard drives, can play music, DVDs, and Blu-Rays(PS3) and have huge processing power. The Wii doesnt. But what the Wii has that these consoles dont is innovation. Meaning your grandparents could play it. This is because of the motion sensing controls that none of the others have. Yet. Because they want the big sacks of money that Nintendo got from said innovation
- Slide 9
- The Handhelds The Nintendo DS is the successor to the Game Boy Advance which is the successor to the Game Boy Color which is the successor to the Game Boy. It prints money. The PlayStation Portable (PSP) sadly, does not. This handheld is more akin to the PS3 and Xbox as it can do many things and is more powerful than the DS. However its not as easy to use.
- Slide 10
- One important thing: ratings! If you dont want an irate parent coming to you, look at the ratings! - These ratings are for games of all ages up to ten years old. - The T is for Teens 13 and up. The M rating is for age 17 and up only. - Run away!!!
- Slide 11
- The Games There are two types of games: Exclusive and multi- platform. Exclusive games are released only for one system or handheld. This means they wont be released on any other system. The meaning of exclusivity has changed because the costs of producing games has skyrocketed. Multi-platform games are released for almost all the current systems and handhelds. The versions of each game are similar except usually in graphics or other small details. In the case of handhelds the gameplay might be completely overhauled. Guitar Hero on the DS is much different than on the big systems.
- Slide 12
- The Games Contd The games covered will encompass all types i.e. ages, consoles and genres. The games will be good for tournaments or just free play. Theyll be listed by genre and by console exclusives. Ex. Only available for the Wii, DS etc Multiplayer will be referred to as local. This means that the game can be played by more than one person on a single television without going online.
- Slide 13
- Action, First Person Shooters, and Fighting Games Call of Duty (series) Call of Duty is the premier multi- platform first-person shooter (FPS). The best thing about it is that its available for almost platforms including handhelds and it has local multiplayer. That is four people can play it on one television. It also can be played with 16 people with 4 TVs and consoled connected together. This is known as Local Area Network multiplayer, or in nerd speak, a LAN party. The newest CoD game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- Slide 14
- Action, First Person Shooters, and Fighting Games contd Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga The title of the game says it all. Its Star Wars in Lego Form. The latest version of this game covers all the episodes. Its available for all the consoles. It has a two player mode and a ton of unlock-able secrets. This game is for all ages.
- Slide 15
- Action, First Person Shooters, and Fighting Games contd Street Fighter (series) Street Fighter is the legendary fighting series that popularized the genre. The latest release of this popular series is Street Fighter IV. This game has brought back the game to the popularity it had in the 1990s. Great for tournaments and bragging rights. Its available for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3.
- Slide 16
- Music Games The two big music games are Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Both games now are really pretty similar. Before Rock Band was the only one of the two to have four payable instruments (guitar, bass, drums, microphone). Now the games are pretty much the same, the differences being in the track lists and band exclusives. (Beatles = RB Metallica = GH) I personally would go with Rock Band because Its much better in a multiplayer setting. Songs are easier on lower difficulties and the songs each have a difficulty meter right before you start it.
- Slide 17
- Racing Games The two fun-nest (IMOP) racing games available are Mario Kart and Burnout. Mario Kart is available for the Nintendo Wii and the DS. Theyre very fun and can be very competitive, meaning there perfect for tourneys. Mario characters, shooting shells, what else could you ask for? Burnout the series is a racing game about crashing. Now why would someone want to crash in a racing game? Thats because the player earns points by causing mayhem around the track. Very competitive.
- Slide 18
- Sports Games The ultimate multiplayer sports video game is Madden NFL whatever- the-year-is. Who doesnt like football? The other sport games I recommend are: NBA 2k10 MLB 2k10 NCAA Football 10 FIFA 10 Hot Shots Golf Fight Night Round 4
- Slide 19
- Games by Consoles Xbox 360 Halo 3 - Second best multiplayer FPS, only because its not available for all consoles. Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Zombie apocalypse. Four survivors. Tons of weapons. Did I mention zombies? The ultimate co-operation game. Its vital to surviving.
- Slide 20
- Games by Consoles PlayStation 3 Little Big Planet - Game were people can create their own levels. Levels can be shared online for others to play. Its 4 players locally and online. Resistance 2 - FPS about fending an alien invasion during WWII. The game is 4 players for the single player campaign which means players have to play co-operatively!
- Slide 21
- Games by Consoles Nintendo Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii Everybody knows Super Mario Brothers, but what if you had to play with 4 other people to beat it? Yep, that means co-op. Super Smash Brothers Brawl Imagine all the characters from the Nintendo universe fighting each other in four-player matches? Nuff said.
- Slide 22
- Games by Consoles Nintendo DS and PSP Tetris DS Excellent remake of a timeless classic. Six different game modes. What more could you ask for? Online multiplayer. Just pray that your opponent is Japanese. Hot Shots Golf Open Tee The best golf game out there. Easy to learn, hard to master.
- Slide 23
- How to Set Up a Multiplayer Session Tournament Style Yep that means brackets, placing and maybe some prizes. Not that difficult but should include registration so you dont end up with an odd number of players at the last minute. Free play Pretty much lay the consoles out and let them go at it. SUPERVISION REQUIRED.
- Slide 24
- Why I didnt include online multiplayer
- Slide 25
- Questions and Comments?
- Slide 26
- Contact Info and Links firstname.lastname@example.org www.gamefaqs.com Guides.ign.com www.wikicheats.gametrailers.com www.joystiq.com www.kotaku.com www.destructoid.com www.youtube.com
View more >