mother nature presentation 2015
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. www.mothernatureproducts.co.za great for babies, great for nature Mother Nature Products are proud local manufacturers of great green baby products in Cape Town, South Africa. Our user-friendly Nappy System spares the planet, saves money, is chemical free. Our Green Baby Range is nature friendly and baby friendly. Vat Registration: 4820255364 Import/ Export Licence: 21043543 BEE Clearance
- 2. The Big Nappy Issue Waste: The key issue regarding disposable nappies lies in the volume of waste produced. An estimated 4000 6000 changes per baby create 1 tonne of waste per baby in disposable nappies. Disposables are the third biggest waste contributor on the planet creating 4% of all waste world-wide. Regular disposable nappies are only on average 40% biodegradable over centuries and cannot be recycled. It is also illegal to dump human waste on landfill sites which should go to the sewerage plant. Manufacturing waste, use of natural resources, transportation and packaging also add to the waste and pollution issues surrounding disposable nappies. Chemical Use: Regular disposables use hazardous chemicals such as dioxins (from being bleached with chlorine), volatile organic compounds (which are carcinogenic) and sodium polyacrylate (associated with toxic shock syndrome) plus dyes, lotions and perfumes (known allergens) . Astoundingly many baby nappy companies do not declare the chemicals used in their products and nor do they require to do so by law! These chemicals not only pollute the earth but are a potential health risk to babys delicate skin and immune systems. Cloth versus disposable nappies: Studies have shown that cloth nappies are better for the environment in terms of waste, natural resources and chemical exposure but on a par in terms of energy and water consumption over both types of nappy systems life cycle. Mother Nature Products believe that a cloth nappy system is better for the environment if used correctly and we do encourage customers to use cloth either full time or part time. In reality though disposable nappies are a more popular choice in todays modern society (90% of nappy users). Therefore, it will benefit the environment more if disposable nappy users are using disposable nappies that are better for the environment or make a choice to use either cloth or both.
- 3. Raising the standards in the nappy industry: Products labelled with the Nordic Eco- label must also comply with a number of strict requirements regarding the environmental impact of the product throughout its life cycle, and in addition regard to: Quality Function Health consideration Some of the strict requirements imposed on baby nappies labelled with the Nordic Eco-label are: You can now choose a baby nappy providing optimum comfort to your child without compromising your concern for the environmental impact of such products. Bambo Nature is the new baby nappy generation labelled with the Nordic Eco- label - the official environmental labelling in Scandinavia. Bambo Nature has been developed Denmark in partnership with parents. The nappy features environmentally friendly state-of-the-art raw materials enabling us to produce a slim and comfortable baby nappy without compromising its absorbency. - No optical brighteners or Perfume A minimum level of renewable raw Materials A maximum limit for production waste created in the manufacturing process is imposed No use of moisturising Lotion Abenas Bambo nature is the only Baby Nappy in the world with a certified eco-label 80% biodegradable, more than 3 times as much as other brands.
- 4. Our Product Range Bamboo one-size cloth nappies, Bambo Nature Eco disposable nappies, biodegradable & flushable nappy liners, natural baby skin-care, swim nappies, potty trainers, natural laundry soap, reusable nursing & sanitary pads, washable change mats & nappy bags
- 5. I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely LOVE your nappies. My baby has been wearing them since birth and shes now 8 months old, and I am ecstatic about them. I mean, honestly, how much trouble is it to pop a few nappies in the machine? Very happy!" Tamar I used the goats milk on my face and my skin already feels better." Product Reviews: I ordered some items from you a while ago. Ive really loved the items I purchased, in fact your all in one nappy and fleece liners are the best Ive found and I've tried pretty much every major reusable nappy retailer Charlize, London By the way, Ive tried the Bambo Nature eco disposable trainers on my daughter and its an incredible product! The best disposable nappy Ive tried." Hayley
- 6. How many nappies do I need from birth to potty? Bambo Nature Disposables Sizes and Quantities: 24 Premature 1-3kg 28 Newborn 2-4kg 30 Mini 3-6kg 56 Midi 5-10kg 50 Maxi 8-18kg 46 Maxi Plus 12-22kg 42 Junior 15-25kg 22 Junior Training Pants 20 XL Plus 15 30 kg Average full time use guideline: Newborn (10 packs) Mini (15 packs) Midi and Maxi (10 - 20 packs each) Maxi Plus (10 - 15 packs) Junior (2 - 10 packs) Junior Training Pants (4 10 packs) Optional: Use bio degradable & flushable nappy liners and a natural barrier balm. Cloth Nappy System Size: All our nappies adjust fit from birth to potty training. Quantity: 8 - 10 for part time use, 15 25 for full time use. Accessories required: bio degradable & flushable nappy liners, natural barrier balms, natural washing agent, bucket, booster pads. Swim Cozzie Nappy: 2 required (Medium: 7 -11 kgs, Large: 11 kgs to 21 kgs) Potty trainers: 4 required (depending on when you start potty training, either at 2 3 years or 3 4 years of age) Optional: Use washable and reusable wet nappy bag and change mat. Our nappies are made to last the full period your baby is in nappies but many of our customers over the years have passed on most of their cloth nappies to siblings extending their life cycle by double and even triple the expected 3 years. Washing: This will depend on how many nappies you have but on average you will put on a nappy load three time per week. See our web site for eco friendly laundering tips!
- 7. Giving back Dignity to Young Women at school, institutions or the workplace It is an unfortunate reality that throughout Africa there are young women who do not attend school or work over their monthly menstruation for one week each month. Many women in South Africa so not have access to adequate sanitary pads over their monthly menstruation. Statistics reveal that as much as 40% of South African women cannot afford decent sanitary wear during their menstruation. Mother Natures Pads will benefit schools, institutions or businesses in the following ways: Restore dignity to women and enable girls and women to attend school or work. Better attendance results in higher pass rates or better productivity at work. Our pads fit in with cultural beliefs. Financial benefits by comparison to the on-going burden of expense of the issue of disposable pads saving charities, businesses and institutions millions of rands. The pads will reduce the burden of health and waste disposal concerns where disposable pads are often inappropriately discarded causing blockages or pollution. Blood stained pads inappropriately discarded will spread disease. The pads last roughly 6 years of use if cared for correctly. Issuing 2 to 6 pads per girl is adequate during school or work hours. Potential Long Term Impact: Early data show that the program has had a remarkable impact, by improving attendance at school or reducing absenteeism in the workplace. Girls in schools with peer-educators are better informed about reproductive health and more comfortable with discussing issues around menstruation, puberty and relationships with boys. The young women have been very excited to receive the pads. There has been a reduction in the waste concerns at some schools where blocked sewerage pipes and septic tanks were an on-going problem.
- 8. Our Company Philosophy As a company Mother Nature Products are committed to making a positive impact on the environment and health of our babies through the manufacture and distribution of products that make a clear difference and through accurate information and increased eco- friendly choices. In future we would like to see more government regulation regarding the manufacture of all nappies and allow for effective bio degrading to take place before ending up in the landfill site; for it to become common practice for all nappy users to use biodegradable nappy liners that are flushed away in a sewerage system and for more parents to opt for eco friendly nappies whether that is a cloth or disposable nappy or both. Mission: To produce natural products which are chemical/ synthetic free and prevent waste on landfills. Our products are primarily produced locally to create jobs & reduce our carbon footprint. We strive to make our green products durable, repairable, energy efficient and made with recyclable materials to minimize the environmental impact through manufacture, packaging, distribution, use and disposal. www.mothernatureproducts.co.za Tel: 0217829117
View more >