Morningstar Solar Controller and Inverter Overview Morningstar
out of 67
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Morningstar Solar Controller and Inverter Overview Morningstar
- Slide 2
- Morningstar is the worlds leading supplier of Solar Controllers. In 2010 we sold over 250,000 controllers through 164 distributors in 73 countries throughout the world. Our goal is to continue to lead the controller market in terms of quality, reliability and customer service as well as expand our products in the PV inverter market. Morningstars Mission
- Slide 3
- Morningstars Company Advantages Reliability - our failure rates are less then 2 units per 1000 sold. 100% in-house design we only put our name on a product that weve built from scratch, one resistor at a time. Morningstar sells only through the worlds PV distribution channels. Supporting our distribution network is our #1 priority. We send sales leads directly through our distribution network and do not sell directly to OEMs, dealers or end-users.
- Slide 4
- Morningstar Product Advantages Highest Quality Manufactured in a fully automated ISO 9001 factory. Quality control using the latest computerized test equipment. Every unit is digitally calibrated, tested and logged. Superior Lightning Protection Use of large transient voltage suppressors provide faster response to transients and do not degrade over time. No need to De-rate Designed with a 25% safety margin, controllers may be used up to their full nameplate ratings. Expected 15 Year Life Controllers carry a full 5-year warranty, with an expected operating life of 15 years or more. Easy to Use Detailed manuals, technical support by phone or internet, large clearly-marked wire terminals, electronic protections and good front panel indicators. Controllers are easily utilized at multiple experience levels.
- Slide 5
- Morningstar Product Advantages Tropicalization is the process by which we condition our hardware for use in extreme environmental conditions. Conformal Coating Dupont Humiseal a UL listed protective spray that will seal out moisture and prevent corrosion from the effects of salt air and high humidity. Epoxy Encapsulation a 2-part epoxy resin that protects the board as well as acts to conduct heat away from the power carrying components on the circuit board. It acts like a liquid heat sink. Terminal plating - to resist corrosion.
- Slide 6
- Technical Support Fast Response Same day response on emails. Live people answering the phone. Fast tracking to our engineering office for high level assistance. Searchable tech support library. Applications Knowledge We can interpret specifications, certifications, sizing and other requirements for your projects to give you a quick review of the controller options that are right for you. Industry Leading Warranty Support We work to provide quick warranty replacement. Morningstar doesnt require complicated approvals, so we are able to provide warranty service easily through our distribution network, or directly if necessary.
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- ProStar Rating: 15A or 30A at 12/24V or 15A at 48V Negative or Positive Ground Applications: Mid-Range professional or consumer systems. Extensive Protections: Electronic short-circuit, overload and reverse polarity protected with automatic recovery. More Information: LEDs indicate various battery and system status while digital meter (optional) displays 9 different controller status parameters. Major Benefits
- Slide 9
- ProStar Rating: 15A or 30A at 12/24V or 15A at 48V Negative or Positive Ground Self-Test: Digital meter displays any detected faults, making it very easy to troubleshoot the PV system. Tropicalization: For protection against corrosion and nesting insects. Includes conformal coating on circuit boards, stainless-steel screws and anodized aluminum heat sink. Low Telecom Noise: PWM has been modified to reduce interference and any noise may be easily eliminated in the field.
- Slide 10
- SunSaver Rating: 6.5A,10A or 20A at 12V or 24V Applications: Small professional or consumer systems. Oil/Gas projects located in hazardous locations. Tropicalization: Epoxy encapsulation, marine rated terminal block and Anodized aluminum enclosure. Hazardous Locations: Approved for use in Class 1, Division 2 Groups A,B,C,D Major Benefits
- Slide 11
- SunSaver Rating: 6.5A,10A or 20A at 12V or 24V Temperature Extremes: Rated for operating temperatures of -40C to +60 C up to full nameplate current ratings. Series PWM Design: Less heating and longer life compared to shunt controllers.
- Slide 12
- SunGuard Rating: 4.5A at 12V Applications: single module professional or consumer systems. Charging: Circuitry is the same as SunSaver (series PWM). Tropicalization: Epoxy encapsulation, ABS plastic case and outdoor rated wires. Economics: Low cost controller. Power Usage: Minimal self-consumption (6 mA). Major Benefits
- Slide 13
- SunLight Rating: 10A or 20A at 12V 10A at 24V Applications: Solar lighting controller used for street lighting, bus stations, telephone booths, billboards, signs and parking lots. Combines the SunSaver charging circuit and case with a micro controller for automatic lighting control functions. Major Benefits
- Slide 14
- SunLight Rating: 10A or 20A at 12V or 24V Functionality: Choice of 10 different lighting control options including ON-OFF-ON options. Test button to check light during installation and confirm correct lighting option selection.
- Slide 15
- TriStar Solar Charge Controller
- Slide 16
- TriStar Solar Charge Controller 3 Operating modes Solar charging, load control or diversion control for wind/hydro 45A or 60A versions, both with automatic detection of 12/24/48V system modes Optional front panel and remote meters display system information Conduit ready enclosure designed for installation onto a Power Panel
- Slide 17
- Main Features Optional remote sensor provides temperature compensation Battery sense connection for accurate voltage readings Self test algorithm runs continuously to locate faults All electronic protections Reverse polarity and short circuit on all connections All faults have auto reset Lightning surge protection with 4500W TVSs PWM current limiting for high temp and over current states Reliability by Design 100% solid state power electronics All functions microprocessor controlled with non-volatile Flash-RAM Conformally coated circuit board Robust Heatsink
- Slide 18
- Morningstar SunKeeper 12V Controller available in 6A and 12A versions. 12V Controller available in 6A and 12A versions. Conduit gasket connection mounts directly to the PV module junction box to form a weather-proof seal Conduit gasket connection mounts directly to the PV module junction box to form a weather-proof seal Bulk, PWM absorption and float stages Bulk, PWM absorption and float stages Full electronic protections from wiring errors Full electronic protections from wiring errors
- Slide 19
- Morningstar SunKeeper Bi-Color LED confirms proper installation and shows the charging state as well as any fault info or evidence of damage. The SunKeeper has the ability to restart from zero voltage to recover the system in the case of a fully depleted battery.The SunKeeper has the ability to restart from zero voltage to recover the system in the case of a fully depleted battery. Epoxy potting and very low resistance power MOSFET's allow for extremely high temp operation to 70C. Epoxy potting and very low resistance power MOSFET's allow for extremely high temp operation to 70C.
- Slide 20
- SunSaver / SunKeeper Hazardous Location Rating UL 1604 - UL Standard for Safety Electrical Equipment for Use in Class I and II, Division 2, and Class III Hazardous (Classified) Locations CSA C22.2 NO 213-M1987 - Non-Incendive Electrical Equipment for Use in Class I, Division 2 Hazardous Locations
- Slide 21
- Morningstar SunKeeper Fits PG 13.5, M20, Inch conduit knockout
- Slide 22
- SureSine Inverter Rating: 300W Continuous, 600W Surge 12VDC Input 115V/220V versions available Listed to UL 458 Applications: Rural electrification, telecom, mobile/marine markets. Extensive Protections: Electronic short-circuit, overload and reverse polarity protection. High Power Surge: 200% surge allows a 600W output for up to 15 minutes. Rugged Chassis Design: Cast aluminum heat sink, epoxy encapsulated transformer, fanless convection cooling.
- Slide 23
- SureSine Inverter Rating: 300W Continuous, 600W Surge 12VDC Input 115V/220V versions available Listed to UL 458 Low Power Consumption: Peak efficiency of 91.5% makes more solar energy available for the loads. Search mode turns the inverter off when no AC load is present to further reduce power draw. More Information: LEDs indicate various battery, system and AC output status. Interpretation is easy. Green LEDs show operational status while Red LEDs indicate a fault. Remote Power Switch: Remote power terminal allows an external switch or another device (like a solar controller) to turn on the inverter.
- Slide 24
- Popular Uses for the SureSine 300 Sine wave power for AV equipment (mobile market) Rural electrification and remote cabins Networking and Security equipment AC lighting systems (the remote on/off terminal may be used with the SunLight to provide automatic control) Adds sine wave capability to a larger wattage modified square-wave system.
View more >
CONTROLLER MANUAL FOR CHILLERS AND INVERTER ?· controller manual for chillers and inverter air/water…
Controller-Inverter for Sensorless Permanent Magnet ...kth.diva- 571104/FULLTEXT01.pdf · Controller-Inverter…
Morningstar QuoteSpeed Server Server Manual Morningstar September 15, 2009 | Version 2.03 Real-T Morningstar,…
Morningstar Investment ?2012 Morningstar Investment Services, Inc. ... The information contained in…
Australia & New Zealand - Morningstar, ?· Morningstar Equity and Credit Research . Page 2Morningstar…
SMF-Resistance Spot Welding Controller ?· 3 Introduction Inverter Resistance Welding Controller Advantages…
Morningstar Direct Training Guide Working with Li ?· Morningstar Direct April 2017 5 © 2017 Morningstar.…
Programmable Logic Controller User's Manual - inverter & ?· MELSECASeries Programmable Logic Controller…