mobile devices presentation
Post on 11-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Why use mobile devices ?
2. What are mobile devices? 3. Mobile Devices
- A mobile device is a pocket-sized computing device, typically having a display screen with touch input and/or miniature keyboard.
- A tool for the user to request the needed information.
- A portable device, typically combining voice, text and computing capabilities with multiple connectivityoptions.
4. Why use mobile devices?
- Thousands of productivity and educational apps
- Anytime, anywhere
- Environmentally friendly
- eBooks reduce textbooks use
- Easy to collaborate
- Absent students can still stay in touch
- Simple to navigate, usable interface
- Learner-centred learning made possible
6. "Mobile devices a part of the fabric of children's lives today: they are here to stay.It is no longer a question of whether we should use these devices to support learning, but how and when to use them." - Michael H. Levine from the Joan Ganz Cooney Centre 7. Educational Uses
- Resource sharing
- Learning activities
- Document creation
- Multimedia creation
- Storage and repository for easy access
- Web applications - or web apps - combine the power of the Internet with the simplicity of multi-touch technology. - Apple