Post on 19-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. UNIT-3 Marketing Environment
2. Marketing Environment
- Organizations assemble a team of specialists to continually collect and evaluate environmental information.
- Goal is to identify future market opportunities and threats .
- Microenvironment- forces close to the company that affect its ability to serve itscustomers.(Controllable)
- Macroenvironment- larger societal forces that affect the whole microenvironment.(Uncontrollable)
3. The Marketing Environment Company Demographic Economic Natural Technological Political Cultural Company Customers Intermediaries Suppliers Competitors Publics 4. The Microenvironment Company Customers Publics Suppliers Competitors Intermediaries Forces Affecting aCompanys Ability toServe Customers 5. The CompanysMicroenvironment
- Companys Internal Environment - functional areas such as top management, finance, and manufacturing, etc.
- Suppliers - provide the resources needed to produce goods and services.
- Marketing Intermediaries - help the company to promote, sell, and distribute its goods to final buyers.
6. The CompanysMicroenvironment
- Customers - five types of markets that purchase a companys goods and services.
- Competitors- those who serve a target market with similar products and services.
- Publics- any group that perceives itself having an interest in a companys ability to achieve its objectives.
7. Types of Markets Company Consumer Markets International Markets Government Markets Business Markets Reseller Markets 8. The Macroenvironment Demographic Technological Cultural Economic Political Natural Forces that Shape Opportunitiesand Pose Threats to a Company 9. The CompanysMacroenvironment
- Demographic- monitors population in terms of age, gender, occupation, location and other statistics.
- Economic - factors that affect consumer buying power. Four types of business cycles-Prosperity, Recession, Depression & Recovery.
- Natura l- natural resources needed as inputs by marketers or that are affected by marketing activities.(Ecology)
10. Demographic Trends Age & Population Young Population is an encouraging feature Changing Family Structure Joint Family to Nuclear families, fewer children,working women,Geographic Shifts Moving from rural to urban areas Increased Education Increased college attendance and white-collar workers 11. Economic Environment ( Business Cycles) Recovery (Unemployment Decreases) Prosperity (Low Unemployment)Recession (Unemployment Increases) Depression (Unemployment Rampant) 12. Natural Environment FactorsAffecting theNatural EnvironmentMore Government Intervention(Solar) Shortages ofRaw Material (Wood,Coal) Increased Costs of Energy(Oil) Higher Pollution Level(Air-Water) 13. The Companys Macroenvironment
- Technological- forces that create new product and market opportunities.
- Political- laws, agencies and groups that influence or limit marketing actions.
- Cultural- forces that affect a societys basic values, perceptions, preferences, and behaviors.
14. Technological Environment Rapid Pace ofChange (Nuclear Power) High R & DBudgets Focus on Minor Improvements Increased Regulation Issues in the Technological Environment 15. Political Environment Greater Concern for Ethics (Eco-friendly) Increased Legislation (Child Protection Act) Changing Enforcement Laws (State & Central Level) Key Trends in the Political Environment 16. SocioCultural Environment Eating Habits Music Religion Dressing Habits Festivals Language SocioCulturalFactors