minor project on pantaloons
out of 47
Post on 14-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 1 Enrolment no: 01661201713 Minor Project Report Personality Development & Communication Skills III (BBA-209) BBA III Semester STUDY OF MARKETING MIX OF PANTALOONS Internal Guide: Submitted By: Dr. Deepali Saluja Anirudh Mehta Assistant Professor2013 -2016 Submitted To: BanarasidasChandiwala Institute of Professional Studies, Dwarka, New Delhi (Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University)
- 2. 2 DECLARATION I hereby declare that this Minor Project Report titled A STUDY OF MARKETING MIX OF PANTALOONS submitted by me to Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Professional Studies, Dwarka is a bonafide work undertaken during the period from 20/07/2014 to 12/08/2014 by me and has not been submitted to any other University or Institution for the award of any degree diploma / certificate or published any time before. 12/08//2014
- 3. 3 BONAFIDE CERTIFICATE This is to certify that as per best of my belief the project entitled A STUDY OF MARKETING MIX OF PANTALOONS is the bonafide research work carried out by student of BBA, BCIPS, Dwarka, New Delhi, in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Minor Project Report of the Degree of Bachelor of Business Administration. She has worked under my guidance. Project Guide (Internal Date: 12/08/2014 Counter signed by Director: Date:12/08/2014
- 4. 4 ACKNOWLEDGMENT I would like to thank my Project Mentor Dr.Deepali Saluja for her immense guidance. Valuable help and the opportunity provided to me to complete the project under her guidance. I would like to thank all Faculty members of Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Professional studies for guiding me and supporting me in the completion of project from time to time. Last but not the least, my gratitude to great almighty and my parents without whose concerned and devoted support the project would not have been the way it is today.
- 5. 5 TABLE OF FIGURES S.NO TOPIC PAGE NO. 1) Figure 1 2) Figure 2 3) Figure3 4) Figure4 5) Figure5 6) Figure6 7) Figure 7 8) Figure 8 10 15 17 20 30 31 - 32 40 44
- 6. 6 TABLE OF CONTENTS CONTENT PAGE NO. Chapter 1- Purpose of the study: 1.1. Objective of the project report 1.2.Scope of the study 8 8 Chapter 2- Introduction 2.1 About the organization 2.2 Form of ownership 2.3Nature of business 2.4Geographic area 10-13 14 15 16 Chapter 3- Company profile: 3.1.Organization structure 3.2.Vision & mission/core values 3.3.Products & services offered 3.4.Distribution network 3.5.SWOT analysis 3.6.Competitor information 3.7.Market share & growth rate 3.8.Key challenges/problems facing the organization 18 20 21-25 25 - 26 26-28 29-38 39 40 Chapter 4 Relate the topic with the organisation 41 43 Chapter 5- Conclusion 46 Bibliography 47
- 7. 7 CHAPTER -1 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY Chapter 1- Purpose of the study: 1.1. Objective of the project report 1.2.Scope of the study
- 8. 8 1.1 OBJECTIVES To make aware of the marketing mix of pantaloons. To know about the company. To understand the concept of value retailing followed. 1.2SCOPE This project report helps me to know about the Pantaloons organization. This will help me to know more about the marketing strategies of the Pantaloons Company. This will also help others to get the properly maintained project on Pantaloons company and to know about their marketing strategies
- 9. 9 CHAPTER 2 INTRODUCTION Fig 1 Chapter 2- Introduction 2.1 About the organization 2.2 Form of ownership 2.3 2.3Nature of business 2.4 Geographic area
- 10. 10 2.1 ABOUT PANTALOONS Pantaloons Retail (India) Limited is one of the leading retailers in India. Mr. Kishore Biyani, is the founder and is famously known"King of Retail". Pantaloon has revolutionized the retail fraternity. With its headquarter in Mumbai, Pantaloons operates multiple retail formats in value and lifestyle segment. Pantaloons plans to increase its retail space to 30 million sq. ft. by 2011. PRIL is sub-divided into: Pantaloons Big bazaar Food Bazaar Fashion Station All Blue sky E-zone Collection 1 Home town Central Mall 2001 Indias first hypermarket chain Big bazaar is launched 2002 - Food bazaar, a supermarket chain is launched 2006 Future groups financial arm, Future capital holdings launches two real estate funds. Spotlighting today's buoyant youth, Pantaloons, India's premium lifestyle apparel company offers chic and trendy fashion to meet their ever-changing needs. Pantaloons reflects the ideology of always keeping alive the 'newness factor' through fashion apparel and accessories that are visually appealing and fashionably upbeat.
- 11. 11 The first Pantaloons store was launched amidst much fanfare in Gariahat, Kolkata in 1997. Over the years, the brand has undergone several transitions and re-invented itself to bring forth compelling trends and styles catering to the evolving fashion hub. Pantaloons stores have an abundance of choices across categories that range from western to Indian wear, formal to party wear and active wear for men, women and kids. To further add to the customer's innumerable choices that reflect style, attitude, and comfort, Pantaloons has extended its horizons to fashion accessories like fragrances, footwear, handbags, watches, sunglasses and much more.With a chain of 83 fashion stores across 40 cities and towns, Pantaloons is constantly extending its foot-prints into the rest of modern India.Pantaloons which was previously controlled by the Future Group has now been taken over by Aditya Birla Novo Limited ['ABNL']. ABNL is a part of the prestigious Aditya Birla Group, a $40 billion Indian multinational, operating in 36 countries across the globe with over 136,000 employees. The Aditya Birla Group ranks high in the League of Fortune 500 Corporations of the world with a strong mix of talented and capable personnel comprising 42 different nationalities, who are credited with anchoring the organization and scripting one brilliant success story after another. With all these advancements, Pantaloons is one of the fastest growing apparel companies. And is poised to grow bigger and better... MARKETING MIX The Marketing mix of Pantaloons discusses the 7Ps of Pantaloons or the service marketing mix of Pantaloons. Pantaloons is a leading retail chain in India. 1. Product: E-commerce: Pantaloons website Futurebazaar.com has revolutionized the e- commerce business in India. It offers a wide range of products at affordable prices. Food: In food business, the group offers a host of options.
- 12. 12 Fashion: The group offers a variety of options in fashion. Its brands include all,Blue Sky, Central, Etam, Fashion Station, Gini & Jony, Navaras, Pantaloons, and Top 10. - 2. Price: Pantaloons India has brought a whole new revolution when it comes to pricing strategies, which is evident through the success of its Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar outlets. 3. Place: The company operates over 12 million square feet of retail space, has over 1000 storesacross 71 cities in India and 65 rural cities with taking over Aadhar. It plans to take up floor space of 30 million square feet by 2011.It has plans to open over 3000 new stores by 2010. It is targeting the Tier-2 and 3 cities which has a huge unleashed potential. 4. Promotion: They use magazines, newspapers, television, radios , hoardings, internet etc for promoting the brand . They have joint ventures and alliances with many companies to promote the brand. 5. People: At the senior management level, the group hired high profile executives from reputed organizations like Goldman Sachs , Coca-Cola India, PRIL also tied up with a few management schools to create a management talent pool for the lower levels.Best Employers in India (Rank 14th) in the Hewitt Best Employers 2007 survey. The company follows a multi-format retail strategy that captures almost the entire consumption basket of Indian customers. 6. Processes: Pantaloons Retail has implemented SAP with an investment of $10 Million in keeping pace with the technology and it is currently in the process of setting up a SAP consultancy software. SAP will be helpful in building robust transaction management system .
- 13. 13 7. Physical Evidence: It has a huge list of awards, recognition in its kitty like Most Admired Fashion Group Of The Year, Most Admired Food & Grocery Retailer Of The Year , Most Admired Food Court , Most Admired Retailer of the Year, ,Most Admired Food & Grocery Retailer of the Year Supermarket.
- 14. 14 2.2 FORM OF OWNERSHIP Pantaloons is a public owned company with a large group of people managing it and controlling it THE ADITYA BIRLA GROUPS OF INDIA .With a control and management panel of people with it. Pranab Barua, Managing Director of pantaloons , he is the one who is the brain behind this one-stop store chain in India With its Management team :- 1) Shital Mehta, (CEO) 2) Manoj Kedia, (CFO) Pranab Barua, Managing Director Fig 2
- 15. 15 2.3NATURE OF BUSINESS Pantaloons offers a range of opportunities, which are challenging, intellectually stimulating and enriching. Success is the outcome of dedicated efforts of talented people, committed towards making an impact wherever, wheneverat all times. The cordial environment makes the workplace ambience congenial and an enjoyable experience, resulting in a group of happy and content employees who work with passion and achieve great things everyday. Employees are empowered to tailor their work around their lives while delivering quality results at all times. Pantaloons hones the inherent skills of its employees by taking them through a systematic process of learning and development. Each employee is offered an all round growth path, based on the maxim: Together we can achieve the impossible dream.
- 16. 16 2.4 GEOGRAPHICALLOCATION The largest retailer in the Indian organized retail sector, Pantaloons Retail (India) Limited is
View more >