mihai brestyan - south african gymnastics mihai brestyan mihai brestyan, who owns brestyanâ€™s...
Post on 21-Feb-2020
Embed Size (px)
Mihai Brestyan Mihai Brestyan, who owns Brestyan’s American Gymnastics Club in the Boston, Mass., area, is one of the USA’s most successful coaches. Two of his best-known students are Alicia Sacramone, who has a U.S. record 10
World medals to her credit, and Alexandra Raisman, who is the first American to win the Olympic floor exercise gold medal and her
three Olympic medals were the most by a U.S. gymnast at the Olympic Games in London.
Born and educated in Romania, Brestyan has more than 20 years of gymnastics coaching experience. A former Romanian and Israeli national team coach, he has developed World champions from both Europe and the United States. Brestyan was a member of the USA’s coaching staff at the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games, and five World Championships, in- cluding 2007 and 2011 when the U.S. women won the team title. He was head coach of the 2010 World Championships team and voted the U.S. women’s Coach of the Year in both
2011 and 2013.
He graduated from Romanian University with a degree in physical education sciences and continued with graduate studies in coach- ing techniques.
Alexandra Raisman • 2012 Olympic Games
– Olympic team gold medalist – Olympic floor exercise champion,
the first in U.S. history – Most decorated U.S. gymnast with
two gold (team, floor) and one bronze (balance beam)
• 2011 World team gold medalist and floor exercise bronze medalist
• 2012 U.S. balance beam and floor exercise champion
Alicia Sacramone • 10-time World medalist, the most by a U.S. gymnast
– World gold medals: team, 2007 and 2011; vault, 2010; floor exercise, 2005
– World silver medals: team, 2006, 2010; vault, 2006; floor exercise, 2007;
– World bronze medals: vault, 2005, 2007 • 2008 Olympic team silver medalist • Six-time U.S. vault champion, the most in U.S. women’s
history (2005-08, 2010, 2012) • U.S. floor exercise champion (2005-06) • 2011 U.S. balance beam champion