luxurious american sportswear
Post on 23-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Spring 2008 Macy*s Florida Regional Training Seminar
2. Mr. Kors began his career in fashion at the age of 19 designing and merchandising a collection for the renowned boutique Lothars in New York City.The success of these clothes caught the attention of the fashion press prompting Kors to strike out on his own.In 1981 the Michael Kors label was formed; his first womens collection was launched at Bergdorf Goodman and Saks Fifth Avenue, amongst other stores. Since his collection was established, it has never strayed from Kors initial vision of chic, luxurious American sportswear. In 2001, Michael Kors launched accessories under his Collection label. Today, the line includes a full range of womens handbags, shoes, belts and eyewear. In January 2002, the company launched a full scale mens Collection in response to the critical acclaim received by a capsule mens wear line launched in 1997.In Fall 2004, Kors unveiled his latest collection, MICHAEL Michael Kors, to an unprecedented launch in over 350 doors nationwide. The MICHAEL Michael Kors labels include womens ready to wear, swimwear and accessories including handbags, small leathergoods, belts and shoes; mens tailored clothing, dress shirts and neckwear; as well as eyewear and timepieces for both men and women. Mr. Kors first signature fragrance for women, Michael Kors was launched in September of 2000. Following the success of the womens fragrance, in September of 2001 Kors launched his mens signature fragrance collection.In Spring 2005, the Company launched its latest fragrance, ISLAND Michael Kors. Michael Kors Collection flagship boutiques are located in the United States on Madison Avenue and at The Americana Manhasset and Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills; international boutiques are located in Tokyo and Dubai. The first freestanding MICHAEL Michael Kors store opened in Asia at the Landmark Shopping Center in Hong Kong in April of 2005.Celebrities who have worn Mr. Kors clothes include Jennifer Lopez, Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones, Pierce Brosnan, Sharon Stone, Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelica Huston, Kate Bosworth, Sigourney Weaver, Usher, Liv Tyler, Jessica Simpson and Rene Russo, whom Mr. Kors worked with on the wardrobe for the 1999 remake of the Thomas Crown Affair. Michael Kors received DuPonts first American Original Award in 1983, and the Elle/Cadillac Fashion Award for excellence in 1995. In July, 1996 he was named by Vogue magazine part of the New Establishment and referred to as one of the most influential designers of the decade. In February of 1999, Mr. Kors was given the Lifetime Achievement Award from Lighthouse International. In December of the same year Mr. Kors received The New York Award, celebrating 10 people who epitomize the spirit of the city, from New York Magazine in the Fashion category, as well as the Golden Hanger Award for best designer, 1999, presented by E! Television Networks. In June of 1999, Michael Kors received the most prestigious award in the fashion industry the CFDA Award for Womenswear Designer of the Year, followed by the CFDA Menswear Award in 2003. In January of 2001 Out Magazine named him to the Out 100, a list honoring those who have made a difference during the past year.In June of 2001, Mr. Kors was one of three nominees for the Accessories Designer of the Year Award by the CFDA.In 2004, Mr. Kors served as one of the judges on the critically acclaimed, and Emmy nominated reality show, Project Runway.Michael Kors serves on the Board of Directors of The Council of Fashion Designers of America, and is an Executive Vice President.Mr. Kors currently resides in New York City.Who is Michael Kors? 3. Brand Mission Michael Kors is the leading American fashion designer for luxury accessories and sportswear. The company's heritage is rooted in producing polished, sleek, sophisticated American sportswear with a jet-set attitude. Whether Aspen, Palm Beach or Capri, our mission is to bring our vision of a jet-set, luxury lifestyle to women and men around the globe. Our products, emblematic of the highest standard of quality, include apparel, accessories and beauty. Our lifestyle-driven company embraces the highest standards of creativity, quality, technology and human resources. 4. Spring 08 Inspiration and Trends
- INSPIRATION: JET SET LUXURY
- The inspiration for MMK Footwear comes directly from Michael Kors who over sees our design team, creating a line that represents classic styling with a twist and affordable luxury price points.
- TRENDS: SPRING 08
- February- The month of February introduces a spring nautical palette with classic colors: Navy, Vanilla, Red, and Black. The Sofia and Melanie Sling highlight the striped heel detail while the Carina Moc offers a casual flair.
- March- March highlights feminine detail in neutrals and white gold metallic with an array of heel heights. Featuring the Rose Flat with perforation detail, Palm Beach Sandal and the MK Classic Slide with metallic trim.
- April- April features an infusion of color and printed python. This month highlights feminine style in various heel heights, including sandals and flats.
5. February Key Styles Sofia Sling Tabitha Flip Flop Melanie Sling 495 Navy 001 Black Patent 495 Navy; 150 Vanilla Jet Set Sprinter Carina Moc 495 Navy/ Vanilla 495 Navy; 600 Red 001 Black; 600 Red Jasmine Thong 6. March Key Styles MK Classic Slide MK Jelly 758 White Gold; 150 Vanilla 035 Smoke; 098 Clear; 710 Gold 758 Khaki/ White Gold Rose Flat Lolita Open Toe West End Thong 758 White Gold 845 Apricot; 001 Black 230 Luggage/White; 001 Black/White Palm Beach Sandal 7. April Key Styles Molly Wedge Molly Thong MK Plate Thong Molly Ankle Wrap 100 White; 600 Red; 001 Black 001 Black; 230 Luggage 260 Natural 575 Guava/Flamingo; 100 White 8. May Key Styles Macdowell Flat McLane Sandal 230 Luggage 230 Luggage; 001 Black Patent 230 Luggage Fulton Platform 9. June Key Styles Plimpton Pump 001 Black Patent 001 Black; 150 Vanilla Berkley T-Strap 150 Vanilla; 001 Black Mesh Berkley Demi-WedgeBerkley Flat 001 Black Patent 10. July Key Styles Astor Grommet Kitten Delancy Ankle Brookville Open Toe McGraw Open Toe 001 Black; 600 Red 260 Natural WhipSnake 004 Zebra 252 Camel Suede; 001 Black Patent 11. What Makes MMK Footwear Special?
- QUALITY COMPONENTS AND CONSTRUCTION
- High quality upper materials and hardware developed specially for us in Italy.
- All leather construction including soles and lining for comfort, breath ability, and durability.
- Michael Kors personally approves every design under his name.
12. Who is the MICHAEL Michael Kors Customer?The MMK Footwear customer is often the same as that shopping for other MMK product categories such as handbags and apparel.She is sophisticated, affluent and appreciates the most updated styles and trends in fashion. 13. Footwear VM Guideline
- MERCHADISING TIPS:
- Display Michael Kors Footwear on tables separate from other vendors
- Ensure Michael Kors signage on tables at all times
- Group key messages together Merchandise light to dark, left to right
- Present footwear in a way that best show design details
- Do not move sneakers or boots to a separate table, do double expose in trend areas