li literacy session
Post on 26-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
1. Innovative (and fun) Tools in the 21st Century Literacy Classroom
2. A quick equation,Explain the difference
(21st Century Literacy) Classroomvs
(21st Century) Literacy Classroom
3. Who are we?
Technology Integration Coach
6th Grade Language Arts Teacher
Technology and Literacy Consultant
Who are you???
Use your laptop or your cell phone
Cell phone for texting in responses
4. 5. 6. This is organic, free-range data!
7. 8. Top 4 Underused Features of Microsoft Word
Highlight word usage
Calculate readability statistics
9. 10. 11. 12. 13. Do your students carefully read over their written work before they submit it?
15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. Reading Comprehension Exam
In order to create a true fordixon you need only four components.The most important is brazten.It is important to have high quality brazten so that your fordixon will not cafligulate.The best brazten can be found high in the Jawper Mountains.Once you have the brazten, you will need to carefully measure out sixteen glegs.Then pickar the brazten with the rest of the components: arpic, hurpeth, and, of course, butter.
25. In order to create a true fordixon you need only four components.The most important is brazten.It is important to have high quality brazten so that your fordixon will not cafligulate.The best brazten can be found high in the Jawper Mountains. Once you have the brazten, you will need to carefully measure out sixteen glegs.Then pickar the brazten with the rest of the components: arpic, hurpeth, and, of course, butter.
What is the most important part of a quality fordixon?
Why is it important to have high quality brazten?
Where is brazten found?
Why is brazten so expensive?
26. 27. 28. A sixth grade blogger writes:
29. Beginning of semester
30. Same blogger, end of semester
31. Blogging in other classes
Today in Science we continued to work on our second catapult. Annalise and I tried many different things to get our catapult to sling farther, but none of them worked, so we just stuck to our original plan. One thing we tried was this. We got a jumbo popsicle stick (four) and taped them under the spoon, to hopefully make our catapult go up farther instead of going straight across the room. That didn't work at all. It actually made it go too far! Annalise and I are working pretty well together. We found out that I cannot work the catapult right, so during the competition tomorrow, she will be doing the slinging.
32. 33. Is this what it takes to get students to read old text closely?
34. 35. 36. Repeated readings = rehearsal
37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. Topics we wont get to. . .
Collaborative writing (wiki > google, imo)
Nings (for those over 13)
Twitter (I see dead tweeple)
44. Online conversations
Classroom 2.0 (all grade levels)
English Companion (mostly teachers of grades 8-12)