Let's Do A Culture Hack on Global Warming
out of 18
Post on 21-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHow do we spread solutions to the climate crisis? Here's a crash course on how to hack the culture and spread winning ideas -- including solutions!
- Lets do a Culture Hack on Global Warming* (Winning Ideas, Memes, and Cultural Change) *A conversation with Joe Brewer
- A meme is: Any idea, story, or behavior that spreads from one mind to another. (The Social DNA of culture)
- The Majority of People Tiny Portion Acting on Global Warming Statement of the Problem: Most people dont speak or act on the threat of global warming. What is the big turn off that keeps the majority from spreading solutions?
- ~1,000 Climate Memes We gathered lots of memes from social media and interviews, ran them through our rube goldberg research apparatus...* Keep going to see what we found! *http://www.climatememe.org
- Global Warming is going to KILL you!!!!
- The future is going to be sh*t...
- Shut up and go away!
- The Psychological Drivers of Meme Spreading* *http://www.climatememe.org (Note the lack of focus on empowerment or solutions.) These were the unresolved tensions that prompted people to speak out.
- This causes emotional trauma! (The opposite of what we need)
- Imagine if this was your product... Would it sell as easily as sugar water? Not likely.
- We found these antidote memes: Spread them to heal society!
- Answer? Study winning ideas! (memes) How do we do it?
- What is a winning idea? A benchmark for dening social reality Goes mainstream Becomes a widely held belief Building block for other ideas Lock in of community resources A winning idea is (1) a self-reproducing unit of culture that (2) is able to persist in time and (3) draw signicant amounts of cultural resources from the environment.
- God as Punisher An example... the love meme Loving God Extend to Women and Tribal Other Extend to Non-Human Companions Extend to Nature
- The Majority of People Tiny Portion Acting on Global Warming For global warming look here! Focus on what spreads well in the mainstream culture. Learn from it. Mimic success and spread solutions...
- This is a healing mind virus that spread well... What can we learn from it?
- Culture Hack a la mode (a recipe for change) 1. Add some healing juju (better memes) 2. Stir in social connectivity 3. Warm until shared identity rises Then share with friends!* *Serves 7-9 billion
- This is how we can hack the discourse on global warming. Wanna play? Lets do it together! Text http://www.changestrategistforhumanity.com
View more >
Got Citrix? Hack IT!Got Citrix? Hack IT! Got Citrix? Hack IT!Got Citrix? Hack IT! Shanit Gupta August