Learning and social media
out of 15
Post on 06-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTakes a look at what we know about learning and what we know about social media and whether there is a conflict between the two. Features 6 principles of social media.
- Social web learning design
Martin Weller & Liam Green-Hughes
- [What we know about learning]
- Its complex
- Its messy
- It varies
- There are a lot of theories
- Build tools to represent this
- [What we I know about social media]
- 1. is the universal acid of the web
we should build around it
- 2. Simple with reach trumps
complex with small audience
- 3. Sharing is a motivation to participation
- 4. Start simple and let others build on top
- 5. Providing limitations frames input
- 6. Complexity comes from the network not the app
Is the tradeoff between complexity and shareability worthwhile?
Is this a false dichotomy?
The Knowledge Management lesson
Can you generate complexity/variation through bottom up?
Only good forsimple stuff?
View more >