leadership & team building
out of 23
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAll you need to know about Leadership and Team Building Qualities.
- 1. Leadership And Team Building By Sherwin Rodrigues
- 2. Contents What is Leadership? Factors Types of Styles Skills Team Building Stages Characteristics Conclusion
- 3. What is Leadership?The action of leading a group of people or an organization, or the ability to do this. (Oxford dictionary)The process of influencing the activities of anorganized group in its efforts toward goal settingand goal achievement (Stogdill, 1950, p. 3)
- 4. Before We Begin. Which famous leaders can you think of?
- 5. The Worlds Most Admired Leaders (2005)1. Bill Gates (Microsoft)2. Steve Jobs (Apple)3. Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway)4. Michael Dell (Dell)5. Richard Branson (Virgin Group)6. John Browne (BP)7. Carlos Ghosn (Nissan)8. N.R.Narayana Murthy (Infosys)9. Jeffrey Immelt (GE)10. Rupert Murdoch (News Corporation) ( According to Burson-Marsteller & Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) study)
- 6. Factors In Leadership1. Follower Must know his followers2. Leader Know yourself3. Communication Two-way4. Situation Adapt to the situation
- 7. Types of Leadership Style Autocratic: Leader makes decisions without reference to anyone else
- 8. Types of Leadership Style Democratic: Encourages decision making from different perspectives
- 9. Types of Leadership Style Laissez-Faire: The leadership responsibilities are shared by all
- 10. What skills do Leaders need? Drive Emotional Intelligence Motivation Leadership Skills Knowledge Self-Confidence Intelligence
- 11. The Five Ps of Leadership Pay attention to whats important Praise what you want to continue Punish what you want to stop Pay for the results you want Promote those people who deliver those results
- 12. Team BuildingUnited we stand, Divided we fall...
- 13. TEAM BUILDING A "team" is defined as a group of people whocollaborate or work together toward a common goal. T - Together E - Empowering each other to A - Achieve M - More
- 14. Why Teams?several peoples skills and knowledge together, in-turn gives better resultSustain the enthusiasm and lend support needed to complete the task.
- 15. Stages in Team Building Forming Storming Norming Performing
- 16. Stage 1: FORMING Define team Determine individual roles Develop trust and communication Develop norms Define problem and strategy Identify information needed
- 17. Stage 2: STORMINGSeparate problem issues from people issuesBe soft on people, hard on problemLook for underlying needs, goals of each party rather than specific solutionsClarify the core issuesListen carefully to each persons point of view
- 18. Stage 3: NORMINGCompetitive relationships become more cooperative.Willingness to confront issues and solve problems.Sense of team spirit.Constructive Feedback
- 19. Stage 4: PERFORMINGGained insight into personal and team processesBetter understanding of each others strengths and weaknessesThe ability to resolve differences
- 20. Characteristics of Good Team Leader Build Trust Develops Common Commitment Train members for empowerment Provide full information to team Know all team members Develop team spirit Encourage members to excel Create an enthusiastic environment Shares success with members
- 21. A fully functioning team can Work together successfully Solve problems and reach decisions in a way that incorporates individual input Reach decisions through consensus Can adapt to change Achieve or exceed desired results
- 22. Conclusion Leadership development is vital because organizations take on the personality of their leaders.Leadership development maximizes productivity. Teamwork is essential for the proper functioning and successful development of any company or organization
View more >