kids can help to reduce global warming top ten tips
out of 12
Post on 25-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Kids Can Help to Reduce Global Warming Top Ten Tips
- Slide 3
- Refuse, Reuse, Recycle Look for products without a lot of packaging. Use your own canvas bags for shopping instead of plastic or paper bags. It takes energy to make a lot of packaging and to make plastic and paper bags. Reuse all items that are reusable. You can reuse paper for writing and solving math problems. Reuse plastic and paper bags and some containers. Recycled paper needs less power to manufacture than making paper from trees. Also recycle bottles and cans. If you do you will save more power. We need to give trees more time to make paper.
- Slide 4
- Compact Fluorescent bulbs Compact fluorescent light bulbs use two-thirds less energy than regular bulbs, so they save energy. This light bulb lasts much longer about five years - - and gives off more light than the incandescent bulb.
- Slide 5
- Turn Off and Disconnect Electronics Some even use electricity when theyre turned off but plugged in. Turning off and disconnecting electronics (television, computers, etc.) when you arent using them is important to save energy.
- Slide 6
- Line Dry Clothes Dry your clothes on a clothesline outside when it is warm in the summer and spring. The sun and the wind will dry them. It saves energy and reduces the amount of carbon dioxide in the air.
- Slide 7
- Thermostats Move your thermostat down in winter and up in summer. When we move our thermostats down in winter we use less heat. If we put it higher in summer, our air conditioning uses less energy. Heating and cooling our homes takes almost half of the energy we use.
- Slide 8
- Save Electricity Cover your water heater with a blanket so that it uses less electricity. Start the dishwasher only when it is full. Take short showers because they use less water. Turn off the water when youre not using it. (When you brush your teeth turn off the water when youre brushing.)
- Slide 9
- Less Car Travel Walk, bike, carpool or ride the bus. A car releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. It also uses gas. The less you and your family ride in the car the more energy you save!
- Slide 10
- Plant Trees Trees remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. They provide oxygen for us to breathe and we provide carbon dioxide for them to breathe. Plant trees next to houses and buildings to shade them and use less air conditioning.
- Slide 11
- Buy fresh, local food Buy locally grown and produced foods. It saves gas because the food is grown closer and does not have to be shipped.Buy fresh food instead of frozen food because it takes energy freeze it and keep it frozen.
- Slide 12
- Play outside! When you play outside you arent using energy by watching TV, or playing on the computer, or using a lamp to read. Besides, playing outside is just fun.
- Slide 13
- Sources About.com. Top 10 Things You Can Do to Reduce Global Warming. http://environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/tp/globalwarmtips.htm An Inconvenient Truth. Take Action. http://www.climatecrisis.net/takeaction/whatyoucando/ Stopglobalwarming.org. Take Action! http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_actionitems.asp Nature Conservancy. Climate change: What you can do. http://www.nature.org/initiatives/climatechange/activities/art19630.html Seventh Generation. Making a difference. http://www.seventhgen.com/making_difference/global_warming/climate_action_list.html Weather Channel. Global Warming: What You Can Do. http://climate.weather.com/resources/resourcesHighlights.html#147 Environmental Law and Policy Center. Seven Action Steps You Can Take To Help Solve Global Warming Problems. ttp://www.elpc.org/energy/globalwarming/whatyoucando.php
View more >
6.Global Warming and Melting Glaciers along Warming and...GLOBAL WARMING AND MELTING GLACIERS ALONG…
Can climate-effective land management reduce regional warming? ?· Can climate-effective land management…
Next-century ocean acidification and warming both reduce ... ?· a 2870 3025 3240 5451 5696 6037 5.18…
Research Testbeds to help reduce Global Warming Bill St. Arnaud CANARIE Inc – www.canarie.ca Bill.firstname.lastname@example.org Unless otherwise noted all material
Www.policymattersohio.org Policy Matters Ohio To create clean energy jobs, achieve energy independence, reduce global warming pollution and transition
Parent Tips: Help Your Kids Reduce Screen Time and Move More ?· production note: second side Help Your…