kfa moves north east newsletter summer 2014
out of 12
Post on 22-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONKFA Moves North East Region Newsletter - Summer 2014
- 1 The Mover North East Region Expression Through Dance We not only love to dance, and live to dance, but KFA Moves is all about expressing thoughts, feelings and ideas through dynamic movement. Once again, our North East Regional Showcase Festival was a rich cornucopia of rhythmic leitmotifs: lyrical, jazzy, funky, thought- provoking and joyful but always a happy get-together. Catherine Inside this issue: Panorama Review 2 Youth Moves 3 Regional News/Events 4 North East Teams 5/6 Amazing Keep-Fitters 7 Branch News 8 Your contacts on the Regional Committee 11 Dates for your Diary 12 Training News 9 B Active N B Fit 10 The North East Movement Team Perform The Reason to Brave by Josh Groban Producer Marilyn Laverick (Panorama Review Inside) KFA Moves North East Presents Summer 2014 Volume 3, Issue 3
- 2 The Dolphin Centre, Darlington Saturday 17th May 2014 Review We have had some really positive comments on the whole show that it was varied and slick. The variety of items was very good including branch, NE, National Festival and solo/duet and Youth Moves performances. Guests from National have given us some brilliant feedback. The Mayor and Mayoress of Darlington also thought it was wonderful, and they were asking pertinent questions, saying we had a good, social community. They stayed for the whole performance, and lingered afterwards. The video-recording guys also thought it was fabulous. We managed to bring in some new people to our audience who had never seen it before, and comments from one gentleman regarding the fact that it was great to see older people dancing. Pierremont School were excellent and filled the floor with their large number of performers and also our audience with their supporters. (Catherine Gilsenan) 55th Panorama of Movement, Exercise & Dance North East Region Darlington Autumn Rhapsodie Infant Youth Moves Little Sea Urchins Nicola Pilmoor Movement for the Defence
- 3 Youth Moves and Young Adults have once again made us very proud! Lots of variety and creativity was seen throughout the Panorama show, and they performed with so much style and charisma. Senior Youth Moves are showing much potential and will all hopefully become part of Northern Lights and Young adults team in the future. A big thank you to all performers for your hard work! Holly and Rowanne performed their fabulous championship duo and the audience absolutely loved it! Thank you girls. A huge thank you to all Youth Moves Teachers for your constant dedication and commitment to the North East and Youth Moves. Thank you to all helpers/and chaperones without you the children cannot perform! WE REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!! (Janet Balfour) KFA MOVES U.DANCE EXTRAVAGANZA 2014 Park View Community Association Theatre, Church Chare, Chester le Street, Co Durham DH3 3PZ (Monday 17th November 2014 at 6.30pm) Tickets: Adults - 5, Children - 2.50 This is our 12th KFA Moves Extravaganza which showcases the wonderful work and dedication our Youth Moves, Young Adults and Northern Lights Dance Group produce. This event is supported by Youth Dance England, who aim to provide every child and young person in England with the chance to dance. After all, it is in performance that we really get to see and celebrate what can be achieved by individuals and groups of young people. Healthy habits make healthy bodies and minds, and being fit is an important part of being healthy. Our way of dancing helps develop stamina, suppleness and strength, as well as self-esteem and confidence, in a safe non-competitive environment. The accent is on fun and enjoyment, whilst getting fit. Our teams and teachers are working extremely hard to put this show together which we know you will enjoy. If you would like to dance and become involved with one of our teams please get in touch with Christine Chapman, 0191 3884205 email@example.com Or Janet Balfour, 07854140609 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4 Teachers Forum Please note, we are having to postpone the Teachers Forum, which was set for 12th July. We still plan to go ahead with the Forum this year, and once we have organised another date, we will let everyone know. _________________________________________________________________________ With Lunchtime Reception and Meal Sunday 7 th September 2014 Bishops Suite, Ramside Hall, Durham Drinks Reception(with nibbles): 12 noon for 1pm 2 course meal with menu choices (pre-ordered) Jewellery Stall Cake Stall See your Branch Rep for: - Tickets (26.50), - Pre-order menus Why not invite family and friends along, and show them that KFA = Fun ! If anyone knows of any other contacts for Ladies Day stalls, please get in touch with Christine, tel. 0191 3884205, email email@example.com Scarf Bring and Buy: Bring an elegant scarf and purchase one for 3 Colour Scheme is ivory and burgundy (but dress in any hue !) There is still time to get your tickets for this fabulous event ! NorthEast Region ****************************************************************************** Date for Your Diary! Fundraising Rally Saturday 25th October 2014 The Free School, Gilesgate, Durham DH1 1HN (Details to follow in due course)
- 5 NORTH EAST TEAMS MEMBER CRITERIA (2014 2015) Aim To be a memberof a teamwitha highstandard of performance fordisplays,demonstrationsand promotions. Learning Outcomes Improve personal performance,encourage physical confidence,developmore knowledge andunderstandingof the activity,developgroupsocial awareness Membership All participantsmustbe membersof the EMDP (NorthEast KeepFitAssociation)by31st August2014. Meetings Nine peryear;one workshopNovember2014; 8 rehearsalsFebruary2015 to May 2015 Attendance Membersare requiredtoattendeverysession. Rehearsal Venues The Free School,Gilesgate,Durham Mature Moves Skipping Laurel Avenue Primary School, Durham Movement FitnessFreestyle Parish Centre / Park View,Chesterle Street Young Adults Subscriptions 4.00 per two hour session- Total 36.00 4.00 is tobe paidby October31st 2014. The remaining32.00 to be paidat firstrehearsal 2015 or 16.00 to be paidat firstrehearsal and16.00 to be paidat fifthrehearsal.These subsare notnegotiable. Panorama A member must perform in their own Branch item. A member may perform in up to a maximum of three extra items of their choice (e.g. Associate / National Festival / NE Teams,) making a total of four items. (Competition teams to be reviewed separately.) Mature Moves subject to their Branches approval - for medical reasons, members may be allowed to perform in the Mature Moves team without performing in their own branch item. The Producers for the North East Teams 2015 will be as follows: Young Adults Nicola Pilmoor Fitness Freestyle - Lisa Clarke Movement - Marilyn Laverick Mature Moves Sheila Robson Skipping - Jackie Oliver Workshops will be held on the weekend of 1/2 November 2014, and registration forms will be sent out to the Producers and Branches Or Contact Marilyn: 0191 388125 / firstname.lastname@example.org This is an opportunity to extend your skills and improve your personal performance, so please come along and join a team. However, if you would like to join a team, you are strongly recommended to participate in the corresponding Workshop for your benefit and that of the Producer. Please Note: The age range of the Young Adults Team is 16yrs to 25 years, and participants are welcome from all over the North East Region.
- 6 NorthEast Fitness FreestyleTeam with LisaClarke Fitness Freestyle is a dance based form of exercise which incorporates elements of fitness - stamina, strength, flexibility and agility. These elements have been included in the choreography but the emphasis is about enjoyment for the team and the audience. Its quirky, fun and also keeps you fit. North East SkippingTeam with JackieOliver "As always, the NE Skipping team enjoyed performing at Panorama. Our music was Holiday Suite and we tried to incorporate various scenarios about going on holiday - waiting in queues, meeting new friends, chilling out, watching the waves, hustle and bustle and finally coming home." Jackie Oliver Linda Killip also organises a skipping club every other Thursday evening at Belmont Parish Church Hall Durham 8.00pm till 9.30pm. The new term starts on 4th Sept 2014 (fortnightly). If anyone would like to have a go, get in touch with Linda on: tel. (01642) 311157 (email@example.com)
- 7 North East Mature Movement Team Music: La Luna by Madness An amazing team of keep fitters!! These fabulous NE members aged 61 to 86, were a pleasure to teach! They gave their all during all the rehearsals and on the day but never forgot their sense of fun! They also, using their brilliant performance skills, captured the flavour of the Spanish music and theme! Muchas Gracias! Ol! Ivy Purdham (producer) 2014 Keeeeep Dancing! Linda Henderson, Carole Johnson and Jackie Oliver started dancing classes together over 60 years ago! Here they are together at Panorama, looking good and still enjoying the joy of dance! Great KFA members! Eileen and Jill joined Ivys first class over 30 years ago and have hardly missed one since! They are regulars in the audience at Panorama and attend all the branch activities! They are truly amazing KFA members!
- 8 Springtime wasall aboutrehearsalsforPanorama14 and the National Festival, andourteamshave beenworkingso hard. Anotherstunningperformance fromLynne Casey'sCityDance teamopeningitematDarlington Well done NEFitnessFreestyle andourownLisaC
View more >