Post on 25-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONKarma Bazaar business model
- 1. KarmaBazaar
2. Meet John
3. John runs a Non Profit Organization
4. His NPO works with economically disadvantaged communities with a mission to alleviate poverty
5. He is often raising funds for his organization and its a constant challenge to raise enough funds
6. Finding donors is not always easy!
7. How do we increase our fund raising effectiveness?
9. This is the team that runs Johns NPO
10. Among the community that Johns team works with, are low-income entrepreneurs who are being helped to find ways to attain financial freedom
11. What can I do to sell my products to more people?
12. How can we help them sell more & become financially free?
How do we sell more?
14. Meet Jane
15. Jane is a socially conscious consumer who cares about her community and helps out whenever she can
16. What if we could connect every low-income entrepreneur to reach out to all the Janes in the world!
19. . . .
Socially Conscious Consumer
Online marketplace for the socially conscious consumer to buy goods produced by economically disadvantaged entrepreneurs
20. Hmm so how does it work?
Producer paid for order
Profit % paid to Johns NPO
John passes the order info to the producer and arranges shipment
Jane places order
Order info sent to John
Producer ships the order
22. More sales, more income closer to financial freedom!
Buy goods do good!
Secondary source of funds!
I.T. can help to integrate the poor in the process of globalization by expanding their markets through e-commerce.I.T. can largely eliminate middlemen who have controlled their access to markets, allowing people in the poorest countries to work directly with consumers in the developed world *
(*) Creating a World Without Poverty: social business and the future of capitalism by Dr. Muhammad Yunus, 2007 Public Affairs
24. (Coming soon)
Last Updated: July 08 2009