introduction to disc - data dome
out of 14
Post on 29-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA brief overview of DISC behaviors and DISC profiles presented by Data Dome Inc.http://www.datadome.com
- DISC: An Introduction Understanding Behavioral Profiles Presented by Data Dome, Inc. 10/08/10 Copyright 2010 Data Dome Inc.
- What is DISC? 10/08/10 Copyright 2010 Data Dome Inc. Page:
- DISC Overview
- Four Quadrants
- Four Behavioral Categories
- Observable Actions
- How do I tend to communicate with others?
- How do I approach achieving my goals?
- What type of environment helps me to thrive and be motivated?
- What behaviors do I manifest under stress?
- The 4 DISC Quadrants
- D ominance
- How you respond to goals, problems and challenges.
- I nfluence
- How you influence, communicate and interact with others.
- S teadiness (sometimes referred to as Submission)
- How you respond to the changes and the pace of change in your environment.
- C ompliance (sometimes referred to as Conscientiousness)
- How you respond to process, rules and procedures set by others.
- Whats a D ? (Dominance)
- High D
- Low D
- Whats an I ? (Influence)
- High I
- Low I
- Whats an S ? (Steadiness)
- High S
- Low S
- Whats a C ? (Compliance)
- High C
- Low C
- DISC Profile Reports
- The behavioral style profile report addresses how people respond to Problems , People , Pace and Procedures
- Personalized, based on an individuals unique results.
- These four concepts correspond to the four DISC quadrants:
- Problems = D (Dominance)
- People = I (Influence)
- Pace = S (Steadiness)
- Procedures = C (Compliance)
- Why use DISC?
- DISC profiles are useful in helping subjects develop a clear self-awareness of behavioral biases.
- With self-awareness one can understand and learn to adapt to DISC styles that differ from ones own.
- This leads to more effective communications , better insight into employees and co-workers and, as a result, better decision-making .
- DISC and Teams
- Good communication driven by behavioral awareness can:
- Clarify roles within a group
- Identify gaps (missing behaviors) that might improve a team
- Recognize redundancies that may bias a team
- Communicate Better with DISC
- Understanding DISC behavioral styles aids in correcting:
- Thoughtful use of DISC in the workplace can:
- Reduce conflict
- Increased productivity
- Balance work teams
- Create a motivation-reinforcing environment
- Want to know more?
- Ask the Expert!
- What's your most important question about DISC?
- Visit http://datadome.com/ask_art_form.php to submit your question
- it just might become a topic for our blog.
- Thank you! Data Dome, Inc. http://www.datadome.com 404-814-0739 [email_address] 10/08/10 Copyright 2010 Data Dome Inc. Page:
View more >