out of 9
Post on 13-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. IdiomsWe are going to talk about someidioms about work, studies and proffessions.
- 2. Bad workers always blame their toolsIt means that If somebody does a job badly or loses in a gameand claims that they were let down by their equipment, you canuse this to imply that this was not the case.For example: When a person doesnt sell a house, he says that isbecause of the bad conditions of it.
- 3. Busmans holidayA busmans holiday is when you spend your free time doing thesame sort of work as you do in your job.For example: When a busmans goes on holiday and he has todrive a lot.
- 4. Gardening leaveIf someone is paid for a period when they are not working,either after they have given in their notice or when they arebeing investigated, they are on gardening leave.For example: When someone is ill and during his medical leave isgetting pay.
- 5. Dont give up the day jobThis idiom is used a way of telling something that they dosomething badly.For example: When someone on the sly tell to a person thatsomething is wrong on his job.
- 6. Number cruncherA number cruncher is an accountant or someone who is verygood at dealing with numbers and calculations.For example: Ben is a number cruncher because he doesnt needa calculator for his job.
- 7. On the lineIf somebodys job is on the line, they stand a very good chance oflosing it.For example: Bill tells Mary her job its on the line because she isa bit lazy.
- 8. Presentation made by: -Javier Garca Cascos -Javier Romero PrezTHANK YOU EVERY ONE
- 9. THE END
View more >