identity theft. unit 8 wrap up robbery/larceny/home invasion
out of 18
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Identity Theft
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Unit 8 Wrap Up Robbery/larceny/Home Invasion
- Slide 4
- Unit 9 Assignments Quiz Discussion Board Chapters 13 Online Material Seminar Final Essays Pick Three Crimes & Answer all three questions for EACH crime you chose
- Slide 5
- Missed Assignments Everything except DB postings can be turned in late. All course work must be turned in by the end of Unit 9 (5/25/10). E-Mail with any questions
- Slide 6
- Identity Theft What are some of the ways that thieves get your personal info?
- Slide 7
- Identity Theft How do identity thieves use your personal information?
- Slide 8
- Identity Theft quick and easy credit No Doc Loans Preapproved credit
- Slide 9
- Identity Theft How can you protect your personal info?
- Slide 10
- Identity Theft How can you protect your personal info? How can you tell if you are a victim of credit theft?
- Slide 11
- Identity Theft Why is identity Theft treated different than Theft?
- Slide 12
- Identity Theft Last week, the majority of you said that Robbery should be punished more severely than theft because forced was used. In the crime of Identity Theft, there will probably be no force used at all and you may not ever meet the offender, so what should the punishment be?
- Slide 13
- Identity Theft More Severe than Robbery? Same as Theft? Somewhere in between?
- Slide 14
- Identity Theft Facts 330 Hours avg. time spent by victims resolving the problem
- Slide 15
- Identity Theft Facts 330 Hours avg. time spent by victims resolving the problem 15% of all identity thefts committed by your friends or someone who knows the victim
- Slide 16
- Identity Theft Facts 330 Hours avg. time spent by victims resolving the problem 15% of all identity thefts committed by your friends or someone who knows the victim According to a 2007 Federal Trade Commission report, 8.3 million American adults, or 3.7 percent of all American adults, were victims of identity theft in 2005.
- Slide 17
- Identity Theft Questions on Identity Theft Questions about Final Paper
- Slide 18
- Unit 9 DB Please post early Have a great Memorial Day!!! E-Mail with any questions.
View more >