howto startup weekend?
out of 21
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HOW TO STARTUP WEEKEND?
- 2. OUR MISSION is to inspire change in the lives of entrepreneurs - like you! 800+ CITIES 200K+ ALUMNI 10k+ VOLUNTEERS
- 3. Meet a cofounder & build a team Learn a new skill Have met a Cofounder Validate an idea At the weekend, you will:
- 4. FRIDAY
- 5. Vote Braindump Form Teams Pitch GO!
- 6. Q: Can I pitch something Ive already started on? A: No, but well researched and vetted ideas are always welcome. FAQ Q: Do I have to present an idea? A: No, you can be just a member of team. Q: Can I pitch two ideas? A: No, pick your favorite. Q: Can I pitch in Polish? A: No, whole Startup Weekend is in English. Q: Can I come with a team? A: Yes, but you can not have anything prepared.
- 7. Q: Who is voting? A: Everyone is voting. FAQ Q: How do we vote? A: Special coupons from the organizers. Q: What if my idea isnt selected? A: Join another team, remember, its not about the idea. Q: Can I still work on my idea if its not selected? A: Yes, ONLY IF you have more than two other people on the team. And you will not be allowed to present during Sunday Final presentation if front of the judges. Q: Can I use any pitch props, slides, etc when pitching? A: Props are ok, but slides are not. Remember its short!
- 8. Pitch Process 321 Get in line to pitch 60sec pitch on stage Tell organizer name of your idea SUPER IMPORTANT!
- 9. Anatomy of a Pitch Hi, Im [name]! The problem solving is [problem]. My solution is [solution]. To do this, well need [team]. Lets rock this weekend! Your name 1 The problem youre solving and who its for 2 Who do need on your team 4 Your solution, its name, and why its unique 3
- 10. Building the Team 65% of all startup failure is due to team issues Have diverse skill sets and perspectives No one is CEO! Everyone wears as many hats
- 11. SATURDAY
- 12. THIS DAY IS SIMPLE Meet mentors Talk with mentors WORK 1 2 3
- 13. SUNDAY
- 14. D-DAY Talk with mentors Prepare PITCH (with slides) PRACTICE pitch 1 2 3
- 15. How Pitching Works 1 Teams pitch 3 min Q&A 3 min Team on-deck, plugin laptop during Q&A 2 3 Have Fun!
- 16. Judging Criteria Validaton Execution & Design Business Model
- 17. Judging Criteria Did your team get out and talk to customers? Are you actually solving a problem? Whats your clear value proposition to that customer? Have you identified a specific target market? Validation Execution & Design Business Model
- 18. Judging Criteria Did you work well as a team? Do you have a prototype (paper is ok)? Do you have an MVP to present (can you demo)? Design Matters! Validation Execution & Design Business Model
- 19. Judging Criteria Does your solution solve a core need? Why is it unique? How will you differentiate yourself from your competition (did you identify competition)? Validation Execution & Design Business Model
- 20. Take on yourself! BUY a ticket
- 21. WE YOU!
View more >