how well do you know
Post on 05-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONa powerpoint game on central america and mexico history
- 1. How Well Do You Know CENTRAL AMERICA & MEXICO?
2. Heres a bonus question to get the game rolling!
- What led many of the countries in this region of Latin America to gain independence in 1821?
- All picture sources: Google Images
3. Question 1
- When did Christopher Columbus discover the West Indies?
4. 1502ACE 5. Question 2
- Where did the Mayas live?
- The Mayas lived in southern Mexico and in present-day Belize, Guatemala, and Honduras.
7. Question 3
- Name any4of the7ancient civilizations that originated in Mexico (that were discussed on the Wikispace!)
9. Question 4
- When did most of the major Spanish settlement occur?
10. In the 1520s 11. Question 5
- Which country did Panama join forces with during the independence movement of Central America?
12. 13. Question 6
- What religion did the Spanish missionaries bring to the Americas?
14. Roman Catholic 15. Bonus!
- Name two reasons why the Mexicans embraced the new Spanish religion.
- A belief that a countrys economic strength depended on increasing its gold supply by exporting more goods than it imported is an example of what?
17. Mercantilism 18. Question 8
- Why did the Spanish want to conquer the Americas?
- They wanted to expand their empire
- The Americas were rumored to be filled with gold
- They wanted to be the most rich and powerful European country
- What was the name of the federation created by the Central American countries after their independence?
21. The United Provinces of Central America 22. Question10 What was the name of the Aztec capital? 23. Tenochtitlan 24. Question11
- Give one reason why the Aztec empire fell with the arrival of the Spanish.
- They believed Cortes was a god
- The Spanish brought smallpox, which weakened the Aztec army
- The Spanish became allies with some of the Aztecs, making it easier for them to ruin the empire from within
26. And the winner is