How to Get a Raise
out of 23
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWant more words, and fewer pictures? Read my Forbes article on the same subject: http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucekasanoff/2014/05/22/20-rules-for-getting-a-raise/
- Rule #1: You actually have to do stuff.
- Rule #2: Avoid threats and taunts.
- Rule #3: Never bluff your boss. Do your research.
- Rule #4: Only talk numbers to numbers people.* * Your boss may be ego-driven, not numbers- driven.
- Rule #5: Talking louder is seldom an effective persuasion strategy.
- Rule #6: Never inflate results. Trust is more important than short-term wins.
- Rule #7: Dont obsess over whether you are treated fairly. Obsess over results.
- Rule #8: No surprises. Ever.
- Rule #9: Look the salary you want to earn.
- Rule #10: Dont overcommit.
- Rule #11: If you screw up, admit it. Then fix it.
- Rule #12: Be yourself. Life is too long to fake a role.
- Rule #13: Relax. There is no Rule 13.
- Rule #14: Pay more attention to the details of your business than your boss does.
- Rule #15: Dont hang yourself. Only promise results you KNOW you can deliver.
- Rule #16: Dont waffle. If you promised Ultra, deliver Ultra.
- Rule #17: Keep your cool. Anger causes tunnelvision.
- Rule #18: Do not get full of yourself. Always show respect.
- Rule #19: When you get feedback, actually listen to it.
- Rule #20: Ask for a raise after you have mastered Rules 1 to 19.
- Created by ghostwriter Bruce Kasanoff Linked In: 210+ articles | Profile Slideshare: 40+ free decks Website: Kasanoff.com Phone: 203.341.9448 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org All images by Ollyy/Shutterst ock! This presentation was formerly titled, 20 Ways to Sell Ideas to Your Boss.
- This may be shocking, but it is time to go back to work.
View more >