How to Create a Good Bass Setup
Post on 12-Aug-2015
- 1. How to Create a Great Bass Setup Ben Collison Nicole Ryan CST-147 4 February 2015
- 2. 1. Pick a Bass There are brands such as Fender, Gibson, Ernie Ball, Jackson, ESP, as well as many, many more! Many things make basses sound different, such as the make of the body, the make of the neck, and the pickups in the bass.
- 3. 2. Pick an amp! Depending on where you will be playing, there are different sizes and brands to accommodate. There are practice amps, which are very small; combo amps, which have a bigger speaker and more options; as well as separate amp and speaker combinations.
- 4. 3. Pick speakers! If you are playing a practice or combo amp, you will not need to worry about this part! If you have a separate amp from your speakers, there are many different kinds of speaker cabinets you can choose. There are 1x15 cabinets, which carry a lot of low end. 4x10 and 8x10 are more common speaker cabinet setups.
- 5. 4. Pick effects! There are many other sounds and effects you can choose to supplement your sound. Distortion, fuzz, wah, whammy, flanger, reverb, delay, and phaser are all kinds of effects. This part is big on personal preference, try things out!
- 6. 5. Play bass! Everything listed in this PowerPoint is entirely up to personal preference, try different types of basses, amps, speakers, and effects to see what you like the best! There are many other options for everything that I didnt mention, just try things out and learn for yourself!
- 7. Works Cited: http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/1970V4/ampeg_bass_amps-1-1200-2.jpg http://www.virtualvintage-usa.com/USA- Store/media/customoptions/options/9082/14587/DV016_Jpg_Large_423941.001.257_black_maple.jpg http://www.talkbass.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.fender.com%2Ffrl%2F8f70a49cd2efb0d9bd8a348381 91d498%2Fgenerated%2Ff9f9cc2d017d52e9db3f650dec1d0a50.png&hash=810add6841acecf737779bb5102cb965 http://www.guitarmania.co.uk/ekmps/shops/guitarmania/images/fender-rumble-15-bass-practice-amp-231-5306- 920-154-p.jpg http://c1.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/SVT3PRO-1c573df616afccc9f3c8804da6966dfc.jpg http://s8.photobucket.com/user/stevenee/media/ampegclassic.jpg.html http://www.ampeg.com/products/classic/svt810e/images/SVT-810E_LG.jpg http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/750/BassDriver-large.jpg http://www.guitarworld.com/files/imagecache/futureus_imagegallery_fullsize/gallery/boss-ds1-distortion-pedal.jpg http://media.musiciansfriend.com/is/image/MMGS7/XO-Bass-Big-Muff-PI-Distortion-Effects-Pedal/528002000000000- 00-750x750.jpg
View more >