How to Become a Creative Genius
Post on 12-Nov-2014
How To Become A Creative Genius
Technically speaking, the best way to boost your creativity is to boost the communication flo between your two brain hemispheres: your left and right brains.
werpacked Energizers & akers for Presenters, s, Seminar Leaders & ors: point slideshow
Apparently during the creative process, our left and right brains are focused on the problem exchanging information to and fro in a form of a partnership.
Highly creative people are known to have an easy and unobstructed flow of information between left and right brains. They know how to increase the stimulation to their brain and expose it to l experiential stimulation, stretching and expanding its creative prowess by bringing it to new uncharted waters.
After all, they understand that every learning experience is a mental one. And the more ment stimulating and experiential an activity is, the more they learn. In this section:-
nd-popping Icebreakers, ers & Visual Games for tors, Presenters, s, Instructors, Teachers ators (animated series): mated Powerpoint slideshow
1. Know the Fundamental Skills of Creative Thinking 2. Develop these Fundamental Thinking Skills with Juxtaerobix 3. Discover the revolutionary learning approach of JUICE and 4.how it relates to the Creativity Process Famous Creativity Quotes
_______________________________________________________________ 1. Know The Fundamental Skills of Creative ThinkingIt is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it. - Descartes
Seizing The Opportunity One of the most fundamental skills of creativity is the ability to see an opportunity and seize it. Every day, we are faced with countless opportunities to develop our creative thinking skills. Such opportunities present themselves while we are at home with the kids, going to work, at the workplace, at board meetings, out to lunch, or hanging out in the pubs with our friends.
robix: ok to our creativity
The problem we face is not so much a lack of activities or events to stimulate our creative sen There is in fact no shortage of encounters for us to develop our creativity. The real challenge is to recognize these moments as opportunities for seizing and for creative outburst.
Challenging Assumptions Many inventions were the result of people who were willing to challenge assumptions that exis during their time.
People tend to see only what they think to see. Every time we look at something is in our world, we make our own assumptions about the reality before us. We b our lives and decisions on those assumptions we make. If we accept those assumptions as real and concrete, we will live by them. However, the momen someone chooses to challenge those same assumptions as unreal, he or she ma on the road to discovering something new and different.
uxtapoz: ok to p your vocabulary
Challenging assumptions is an important component of creativity because it force to look beyond what is already accepted or is obvious. It can lead to the kind perceptual breakthroughs we are looking for in the problems before us.
Oftentimes our assumptions of things are so entrenched that it never crosses our minds to chal them. These assumptions are apparently so established that we no longer question their valid even though time has passed and things have changed. We are so used to them that we simp accept them as they are.
robix oosters: am to supercharge your
But many of our lifes problems are tainted with false assumptions and they prevent us from thi something new and different. They stifle our creativity and the result is the more or less the sam of tried solutions. No new and novel possibilities.
Taking Risks Taking risks is part and parcel of being a creative thinker. If youre not willing to take risks (and these can include calculated risks) and experience failure, then you cannot expect to be a great creative thinker. No one truly succeeds without failing first. And no one truly becomes a creative genius without having to risk his ideas.
However, if you really want to experience major leaps in your creativity, then youll have to lea take risks. Youll fail but failure is good: it accelerates the learning process by generating ne information and science has shown that our brain literally rewires itself each time we make mistake. Our brain learns through a series of trials and errors.
Looking At Problems From A New Perspective No new ideas will evolve from old perspectives. To create a new product, you must be able t visualize that new product. But you cannot do this if you keep looking at your problem from the same perspective.
You got to look at your problems from a new perspective in order to gain new insights. By changing your perspective and shifting to a new one, you will be able to expand your mental horizon and capture something you were previously unable to see. Only by seeing something new, will you be able to think up new ideas and create something new Thinking Ambiguously The ability to think ambiguously is a great boon to yielding creative insights.
This same ability is being exhibited every time someone indulges in wordplay or humor.
People who can think ambiguously are known to be fluid and flexible thinkers. A tinge of ambig thinking during the idea generation stage of the creative process has the power to bring out a g of an idea!
However, the main problem in our society is that people generally prefer things that are clear unambiguous. They dont like to associate themselves with things that are vague and have more one meaning. As a result, we become rather rigid in the way we think, preferring to be involve only things that have clear and specific parameters. The outcome: predictability.
. Develop The Fundamental Skills of Creative Thinking with JuxtaerobixJuxtaerobix workouts are an excellent type of mental aerobics that provides the necessary stimuli to the two halves of your whole brain! Juxtaerobix does it by getting the two brains to talk and work together! A classic case of Two heads are better than one. Juxtaerobix is a series of high impact, high fun energy and mentally gyrating workouts for the whole brain. Juxtaerobix is to our brain what aerobics is to our body. The word Juxtaerobix is a hybrid word derived from "juxtaposition" meaning the art of placing things side by side to conjure new meaning; and "aerobics" depicting workouts that generate the efficient taking of oxygen supply into our bodies. Juxtaerobix as a series of brain workouts is powered by the art form of Word Juxtapoz. The Physical Attributes Of A Juxtaerobix Workout Each Juxtaerobix workout consists of some left brain element(s) and right brain element(s): words, letters, symbols (left-brain) and pictures, images, cartoons, illustrations, visuals, colors (right-brain). These are the left-brain logic, structure and organization components and the right-brain creating conceptualization and visualization components. Put simply, the left hemisphere of our brain has the primary function of distilling information down into component parts for analysis and sequencing. It quantifies, establishes procedures, recognizes words and symbols, organizes, plans; its logical, analytical, systematic, practical, rational, critical, numerate, mathematical, and accomplishes tasks. This side of our brain is largely associated with our language ability.
The right side of our brain is designed to see the world as a whole and has the ability to synthesize parts to form a whole. It imagines, infers, speculates, feels, responds to touch and music; its sensitive, intuitive, emotional, curious, expressive, holistic, visual, and originative. This right of our brain is largely associated with our spatial appreciation. By employing the art of Word Juxtapoz "(which is created by Patrick Chan), Juxtaerobix is formed or conceptualized through the clever juxtaposition of left- and right-brain elements of words, letters of the alphabet, symbols, punctuation points, visuals, pictures, images, illustrations and even colors to depict meanings or messages that are not apparent. One has to navigate through the maze of elements and discover their relationships between one another in order to decipher the hidden meaning or "solution". The message is in fact in the medium itself. Hence in sum, each Juxtaerobix workout compels a user to develop his or her natural whole brain thinking. The ultimate outcome: A holistic creative thinker!
Juxtaerobix: Develop Your Creativity Thinking Skills While You're Having Fun 1. Juxtaerobix as a series of high impact, high fun energy and mentally gyrating workouts for the whole brain, provides ample opportunities for you to seize to liberate the creative child inside you.
2. Juxtaerobix presents the necessary stimuli that will elicit certain responses and your particular response will depend on the assumptions you make. When you successfully challenge some of your assumptions, you will finally see the light to the hidden code behind each Juxtaerobix teaser.
3. Because Juxtaerobix brain workouts involve only the risks of idea generation and not the risks of implementation, you can safely force yourself to be willing to suggest whatever ideas pop up.
4. Each Juxtaerobix workout will help you produce new perspectives, and see problems with association, combining problem elements, or eliciting responses to various stimuli. In each case, the outcome is the same: new ways of thinking about a problem.
5. The best way to tackle Juxtaerobix is to think ambiguously. The more youre able to do so, the more insights to the suggested solution youll receive. By thinking ambiguously, youre actually going with the flow and design of the Juxtaerobix. Conversely, rigid thinking will only bring about frustration.
3. Discover the revolutionary learning approach of JUICE and how it relates to the Creativity ProcessThis section will be of particular interest to all educators, teachers and trainers. Theres a revolutionary new and cutting edge approach to infusing creativity into any curriculum whether its the teaching of English, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Science, History, Engineering, Humanities, or Management! The Juxtaerobix Unusually Innovative & Creative Edvantage Its called JUICE or Juxtaerobix Unusually Innovative & Creative Edvantage (where Edvantage stands for Educational Advantage) and it is a simple and practical approach to real-life creative thinking, creative learning, creative problem-solving and creative living. JUICE employs the power of Juxtaerobix workouts. Its value as a learning and thinking tool is simply remarkable: JUICE mirrors the real-life creative thinking process and empowers an educator to infuse creativity seamlessly into the learning process! Why JUICE? Learning is most fundamentally a mental process. It's basically a brain transfer. It involves the brain and all its senses. However, most learning in the classroom is obsessed with finding the right answer. JUICE turns this quest for a definite "solution to a problem" completely on its headupside-down! It was Neil Postman, an educator, who lamented, "Children enter schools as question marks and leave as periods." The Approach honors the process of thinking and views it as much more important than the search for an "answer". After all, it's in our journey of self-discovery thinking, learning, solving problems, and living life itself - that we discover who we are, why we are who we are, what we want to do, how we want to do, and where we want to go. JUICE provides a simplistic and yet practical real-life environment in which we can flourish creatively in the way we think, learn, solve problems and enjoy life.
The result: A more creative thinker in every one of us! Better yet, we become true practitioners of creativity! It's a model of experiential learning or "real-life living" (we prefer to call it) where the process of discovery or learning is the very process of creativity itself. This indeed is the real power of JUICE! JUICE Epitomizes The Creativity Process
Juxtaerobix will change the way we look at creativity and problem-solving! From it, you will learn and realize that the creative process is not at all a mysterious one which is practiced only by those who are blessed with natural creative talents. You will get to experience, perhaps for the first time, the practical steps of creativity used by great thinkers to come up with great ideas. In order to appreciate the value of an approach to learning and teaching like JUICE, we need to understand the stages or process of creativity itself. Its now generally accepted by almost all creativity experts and practitioners that the creativity process can be distilled down to a few steps or phases. Phase 1: Problem Identification/Definition
The primary impetus of creativity is the realization of a problem. That theres a problem at hand and you need a creative solution to it. This stage of the creative
problem solving process is called the Problem Identification or Definition phase. Its when you size up the problem before and attempt to define it by establishing its parameters. Here you immerse yourself in the problem, searching out any information that might be relevant. Its when you let your imagination roam free, open yourself to anything that is even vaguely relevant to the problem. The idea is to gather a broad range of data so that unusual and unlikely elements can begin to juxtapose themselves. Being receptive, being able to listen openly and well, is a crucial skill here. Phase 2: Idea Generation
Here, you generate a large number of ideas. This stage of the creative thinking process should be freeing and characterized by inspiration, spontaneity, experimentation, intuition and without fear. It is at this stage that you want to be careful about not judging the validity or feasibility of your ideas. Let your ideas flow and suspend judgment or self-censorship for the moment. Great thinkers have discovered that they can only achieve their full creative potential by learning how to separate idea generation from idea evaluation. They know how to generate as many ideas as possible way before analyzing them. Phase 3: Incubation
This is the sleeping on the problem stage. Once you have mulled over all the relevant information, you leave the problem to simmer. At this Incubation stage, you chew on all the data you have collated and wait almost passively. You will have to trust your subconscious mind to do all the work. You literally let your mind sleep on the problem. Phase 4: Illumination
This is probably the most exciting phase. Its that part of the creativity process that seemingly makes all the effort and work worthwhile. In this Illumination phase, youll experience the sudden bubbling up of the answer. The creative solution or solutions seem to come to you out of the blue. The Illumination stage is generally described as the Eureka! moment. Phase 5: Verification
This is the final stage of the dynamic creativity process. Called the Verification stage, here you look back over the other phases and evaluate your progress. Summary Of The Creativity Process
Heres How JUICE Works In JUICE, the starting point is a specially conceptualized Juxtaerobix workout. This teaser serves as the catalyst to spark off the users on a journey of creative selfdiscovery: it provides the "problem" or situation, motivates the users to free associate to discover for themselves the possible "solutions", helps them document all their free-flowing ideas along the way, takes them through the step-by-step process of creative thinking, brings them to a stage called "Eureka!" and aids them to arrive at the possible or suggested "answers" to the initial problem. Put simply, here's how it works: - There's a beginning called the "Problem" (represented by a Juxtaerobix workout) - The creative thinking process (Idea generation, Incubation, Illumination) - The end or the Verification (represented by the answer to the Juxtaerobix) - Juxtaerobix models the very process of day-to-day creative thinking and replicates it in the classroom setting!
JUICE works with the user, rides on the current brain-ware of the user, and customizes a creativity process that fits him or her. It harnesses the power of self-
paced learning according to the mental capabilities of each individual user observing the fundamental and sacred rule that every on has his unique DNA. Talk about having the exact right software that runs optimally on a particular piece of hardware! The Ten Guiding Principles Of The JUICE #1. There is no one right answer. #2. The virtue is the thinking and free-associating. #3. Whole brain means WHOLE brain creativity - always harness the power of your whole (not half) brain. #4. Suspend judgment - especially during the idea generation phase. #5. Let there be FUN! #6. Learning is must fundamentally a MENTAL process. #7. If at first you can't think of it, think again. And again. And again. #8. The best way to get good ideas is to have lots of them. #9. Involve as many senses as possible. #10. For sense of security of completeness, most people need things to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Who Is JUICE For? For a start, JUICE is for anybody who "thinks" that he has a brain! If you think that you have a brain and you want (you arrive at this conclusion after some selfdiscovery) to sharpen your thinking skills, then welcome to the world of Juxtaerobix! More seriously, JUICE is perfect for any learner (whether he learns best through visualizing (V), hearing (A) or involving his hands and feelings (K) or a combination of these VAK modes). It appeals to left-brainers and right-brainers as well. People of all personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, choleric or a blend of any of these four types - will find this creative approach very suitable. (After all, no matter what type or blend we are, we all have been putting up with uninspiring and boring classroom teaching for so long.) I want to be very bold (I'm a known risk-taker) to tell you that the "J" in Juxtaerobix stands for "Jump start one's brain". For many learners who have been unjustly labeled by others including their mentors as "dumb" or "stupid", Juxtaerobix may just empower them by jump starting their God-given built-in supercomputer and grant them their last laugh. More specifically, their close encounter with Juxtaerobix may be the spark - and the only spark they would ever need of creativity that propels them to a lifetime of excellence! JUICE is for ANYONE who wants to be FREE - free to think, free to dream, free to associate, free to live and even free to make mistakes. And this class of people includes the educator and the like. The Educational Genius Of JUICE The value of JUICE as a learning, thinking and teaching tool is simply remarkable. It epitomizes all the fundamental elements of creativity, creative thinking and creative learning: 1. JUICE takes the user through a journey of self-discovery. 2. JUICE promotes "safe" risk-taking. 3. JUICE offers opportunities for seizing. 4. JUICE encourages the challenging of entrenched assumptions.
5. JUICE compels the user to look at problems from a new perspective. 6. JUICE enhances ambiguous thinking. 7. JUICE gives permission for people to engage in blue-sky thinking (or daydreaming). 8. JUICE increases the mental capacity for one to recall information. 9. JUICE workouts track the progress of the user's development in thinking skills. 10. JUICE teaches one to suspend judgment during idea generation. 11. JUICE is fun and mentally stimulating. 12. JUICE opens the world for the Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic (VAK) learners. 13. JUICE develops "big picture" vision by showing the connectivity of diverse elements. 14. JUICE creates creative thinkers almost stealthily. 15. Most of all, JUICE works! This cutting edge approach - which is in short a real-life creative learning technique serves as an effective means of infusing creative thinking into various subject matters when applied to them.
4. Famous Creativity Quotes A consistent thinker is a thoughtless person, because he conforms to a pattern; he repeats phrases and thinks in a groove. - Jiddu Krishnamurti A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesnt look like an elephant. - Source Unknown A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something. - Frank Capra A man to carry on a successful business must have imagination. He must see things in a vision, a dream of the whole thing. - Charles M. Schwab A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience. - Oliver Wendell Holmes A new idea is delicate. It can be killed by a sneer or a yawn; it can be stabbed to death by a quip and worried to death by a frown on the right man's brow. - Charles Brower A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free. - Nikos Kazantzakis A person who can create ideas worthy of note is a person who has learned much from others. - Konosuke Matsushita
A problem is a chance for you to do your best. - Duke Ellington A truly creative person rids him or herself of all self-imposed limitations. - Gerald G. Jampolsky
A will finds a way. - Orison Swett Marden Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness. - Pablo Picasso All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. - Pablo Picasso All great discoveries are made by people whose feelings run ahead of their thinking. - C H Oakhurst All riches have their origin in mind. Wealth is in ideas - not money. - Robert Collier All you ever needed to know you learn in kindergarten. - Unknown An avalanche begins with a snowflake. - Joseph Compton An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail. - Dr. Edwin Land An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it. - Unknown An idea is salvation by imagination. - Frank Lloyd Wright An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied. - Arnold Glascow An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. - Victor Hugo Analysis kills spontaneity. The grain once ground into flour, springs and germinates no
more. - Henri Frederic Amiel And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more. - Erica Jong Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple. - Charles Mingus As long as you keep a person down, some part of you has to be down there to hold him down, so it means you cannot soar as you otherwise might. - Marian Anderson As soon as you have made a thought, laugh at it. - Lao Tzu As the season of believing seems to wind down let me gently remind you that many dreams still wait in the wings. Many authentic sparks must be fanned before passion performs her perfect work in you. Throw another log on the fire. - Sarah Ban Breathnach Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by someone who is detached. - Andrei Voznesensky Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Sir Cecil Beaton Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind. - Unknown Be not afraid of learning slowly, be afraid of standing still. - Unknown Begin with another's to end with your own. - Baltasar Gracian Between the idea and the reality falls the shadow. - T S Eliot Change is not merely necessary to life - it is life. - Alvin Toffler Change only favors minds that are diligently looking and preparing for discovery.
- Louie Pasteur Children reinvent your world for you. - Susan Sarandon Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of eighteen. - Unknown Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. - Pablo Picasso Concern over criticism clogs creativity. - Duane Alan Hahn Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. - Oscar Wilde Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago. - Bernard Berenson Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training. - Anna Freud Creative novelty springs largely from the rearrangement of the existing knowledge, a rearrangement that is itself an addition to knowledge. - J. Kneller Creative thinking is not a talent, it is a skill that can be learnt. It empowers people by adding strength to their natural abilities which improves teamwork, productivity and where appropriate profits. - Edward de Bono Creativity arises out of the tension between spontaneity and limitations, the latter (like the river banks) forcing the spontaneity into the various forms which are essential to the work of art or poem. - Rollo May Creativity, as has been said, consists largely of rearranging what we know in order to find out what we do not know. Hence, to think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted. - George Kneller Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties. - Gail Sheehy
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act, the defeat of habit by originality overcomes everything. - Geroge Lois Creativity consists of coming up with many ideas, not just that one great idea. - Charles Thompson Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. - Scott Adams Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun. - Mary Lou Cook Creativity is merely a plus name for regular activity . . . any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better. - John Updike Creativity is the ability to see relationships where none exist. - Thomas Disch Creativity is the sudden cessation of stupidity. - Edwin H. Land Creativity is the type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual. - Arthur Koestler Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things. - Theodore Levitt Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. - Edward de Bono Creativity often consists of merely turning up what is already there. Did you know that right and left shoes were thought up only a little more than a century ago? - Bernice Fitz-Gibbon Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties. - Erich Fromm Creativity - the power to connect the seemingly unconnected. - William Plomer Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
- Albert Einstein Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous mind. - Samuel Johnson Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward; they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game. - Goethe Dig within. Within is the wellspring of good; and it is always ready to bubble up, if you just dig. - Marcus Aurelius Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. - Albert Szent-Gyorgyl Discovery is the ability to be puzzled by simple things. - Noam Chomsky During those rare moments of creativeness, when an ordinary person has something in common with the making of the universe, he feels a sense of transcendence, of moving beyond his daily life. What could be a greater reward? - Joseph Zinker Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different. - Albert Szent Gyorgi Discovery is the ability to be puzzled by simple things. - Noam Chomsky Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. - Unknown Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with the results. - General George Patten Doodling is the brooding of the mind. - Unknown Emptiness is a symptom that you are not living creatively. You either have not goal that is important enough to you, or you are not using your talents and efforts in a striving toward an important goal.
- Maxwell Maltz Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just stand there. - Will Rogers Every animal leaves traces of what it was; man alone leaves traces of what he created. - Jacob Bronowski Every exit is an entry somewhere else. - Tom Stoppard Every great advance in science has issued from a new audacity of imagination. - John Dewey Every really new idea looks crazy at first. - Robert Olson Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Robert Olson Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you and just before you realise what's wrong with it. - Anonymous Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind all human endeavor and human creations. - Albert Einstein Few people think more than two or three times a year. I've made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. - George Bernard Shaw Focus should be to encourage and develop creativity in all children without the ultimate goal being to make all children inventors, but rather to develop a future generation of critical thinkers. - Faraq Mousa Genius is one percent inspiration, and ninety-nine percent perspiration. - Thomas Edison Genius lies in developing complete and perfect freedom within a human being. Only then can a person come up with the best ideas.
- Yoshiro Nakamatsu Genius means little more than the faculty of perceiving in an unhabitual way. - William James Go some distance away because the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance, and a lack of harmony of proportion is rapidly seen. - Leonardo da Vinci Great idea, more than anything else, fuel corporate growth. - Alan G. Robinson Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Enstein Greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come. - Victor Hugo Half the failures in life arise from pulling on one's horse as it is leaping. - Julius Hare Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. - Franklin D. Roosevelt He who has imagination without learning has wings and no feet. - Joseph Joubert He who never walks except where he sees other men's tracks will make no discoveries. - Unknown Held in the palms of thousands of disgruntled people over the centuries have been ideas worth millions - if they only had taken the first step and then followed through. - Robert M. Hayes How many people know how to use a computer on their desk but don't know how to use the computer in their head? - Unknown I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso I can always be distracted by love, but eventually I get horny for my creativity. - Gilda Radner
I cant understand why people are frightened of new ideas. Im frightened of the old ones. - John Cage I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge. - Igor Stravinsky I invent nothing, I rediscover. - Auguste Rodin I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, its a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at lifes realities. - Dr. Seuss I'm always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life. - Miles Davis I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's. I will not reason and compare; My business is to create. - Unknown I pressed down on the mental accelerator. The old lemon throbbed fiercely. I got an idea. - P G Wodehouse I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird. - Paul McCartney I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy. - Marie Curie Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. - John Steinbeck Ideas shape the course of history. - John Maynard Keynes If a concept is wrong, no number of ideas will put it right. - Unknown If at first, the idea is not absurd, there is no hope for it. - Albert Einstein If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
- Isaac Newton If my poetry aims to achieve anything, its to deliver poeple from the limited ways in which they see and feel. - Jim Morrison If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them. - Henry David Thoreau If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen. - Cher If you wish to advance into the infinite, explore the finite in all directions. - Goethe Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young. - W. Somerset Maugham Imagination is better than memory. - Unknown Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create. - Albert Einstein Imagination is the beginning of creation. - George Bernard Shaw Imagination is the living power and prime agent of all human perception. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge In creating, the only hard thing is to begin: a grass blade's no easier to make than an oak. - James Russell Lowell In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. - Shunryu Suzuki In the creative state a man is taken out of himself. He lets down as it were a bucket into his subconscious, and draws up something which is normally beyond his reach. He mixes
this thing with his normal experiences and out of the mixture he makes a work of art. - E.M. Forster In the dim background of our mind we know what we ought to be doing but somehow we cannot start. - William James In the long history of humankind (and animalkind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed. - Charles Darwin In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. - Unknown Inspiration could be called inhaling the memory of an act never experienced. - Ned Rorem Instead of pouring knowledge into people's heads, we need to help them grind a new set of eyeglasses so that we can see the world in a new way. - J S Brown Intelligence is something we are born with. Thinking is a skill that must be learned. - Edward de Bono It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link in the chain of destiny can be handled at a time. - Winston Churchill It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong, than to be always right by having no ideas at all. - Edward de Bono It is easier to tone down a wild idea than to think up a new one. - Alex Osborne It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. - Ursula K. Le Guin It is not enough to have a good mind, the main thing is to use it well. - Rene Descartes It is not enough to just do your best or work hard. You must know what to work on. - W. Edwards Deming It is the tension between creativity and skepticism that has produced the stunning and unexpected findings of science. - Carl Sagan
It's better to ask some good questions than to know all the answers. - James Thurber It seems that the creative faculty and the critical faculty cannot exist together in their highest perfection. - Thomas Macaulay Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose. - Charles Du Bos Just as energy is the basis of life itself, and ideas the source of innovation, so is innovation the vital spark of all human change, improvement and progress. - Theodore Levitt Knowledge is created by the learner, not given by the teacher. - Unknown Launching a breakthrough idea is like shooting skeet. People's needs change, so you must aim well ahead of the target to hit it. - Raymond Kurzweil Learning is a treasury whose keys are queries. - Arabian Proverb Life changes when we change. - Andrew Matthews Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thoughts that is forever blowing through one's head. - Mark Twain Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. We all have gears we never use. - Chrales Schultz Life is "trying things to see if they work." - Ray Bradbury Light tomorrow with today. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, thats creative. - Charles Mingus
Man is the only animal that can get bored. - Unknown Man's mind, stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimensions. - Liver Wendell Holmes Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Martin Luther king said "I have a dream", not "I have a plan". - Unknown Music is the art of thinking with sounds. - Jules Combarie Musical comedies aren't written, they are re-written. - Stephen Sondheim Natural resources have dropped out of the competitive equation. In fact, a lack of natural resources may even be an advantage. Because the industries we are competing for - the industries of the future - are all based on brainpower. - Lester Thurow Neccesity is the mother of invention, it is true - but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife. - Jonathan Schattke Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. - Malcolm Muggeridge No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time steady eye. - Winston Churchill No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit. - Ansel Adams No matter how old you get, if you can keep the desire to be creative, you're keeping the
man-child alive. - John Cassavetes No one travels so high as he who knows not where he is going. - Oliver Cromwell None of us are as smart as all of us. - Japanese Proverb Nothing is new except arrangement. - William J. Durant Nothing, not all the answers in the world can stop an idea whose time has come. - Victor Hugo Odd how the creative power at once brings the whole universe to order. - Virginia Woolf One of the most powerful inner resources is your own creativity. Be willing to try something new and play the game full out. - Marcia Wieder One sees great things from the valley, only small things from the peak. - G.K. Chesterton Originality is nothing but judicious imitation. - Voltaire Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. - Dr. Laurence J. Peter Our attitudes cannot stop our feelings, but they can keep our feelings from stopping us. - John C. Maxwell Our life is frittered away by detail ... Simplify, Simplify. - Henry Thoreau Persistence is the hard work that you do after you are tired of doing the hard work you already did. - Newt Gingrich People are disturbed, not by things, but by the views they take of them. - Epictetus People change and forget to tell each other.
- Lillian Hellman People should think things out fresh and not just accept conventional terms and the conventional way of doing things. - R. Buckminster Fuller Perfect solutions of our difficulties are not to be looked for in an imperfect world. - Winston Churchill Problems and solutions nest within a complex array of related systems and problems. - Bob Weile Problems cannot be solved by thinking within the framework in which the problems were created. - Albert Einstein Reality is an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. - Albert Einstein Risk taking and the drive to pursue innovative ideas are the fuel that stokes the entrepreneurial spirit. - Daniel Goleman Sense is not common. - Unknown Since finding out what something is is largely a matter of discovering what it is like, the most impressive contribution to the growth of intelligibility has been made by the application of suggestive metaphors. - Jonathan Miller Since new developments are the products of a creative mind, we must therefore stimulate and encourage that type of mind in every way possible. - George Washington Carver Some men throw their gifts away on a life of mediocrity, great men throw everything they have into their gifts and achieve a life of success. - Greg Werner Someone once said that for every problem there is a solution that is simple, attractive ... and wrong. - Arthur C Clarke Sometimes searching for ideas is like being a mosquito in a nudist colony. You know what you want to do, but you don't know where to begin. - Michael Michalko
Standing still is the fastest way of moving backwards in a rapidly changing world. Imagination is the highest kite one can fly. - Lauren Becall Teachers open the windows of the mind, but you must enter by yourself. - Chinese Proverb Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality. - Beatrix Potter That human mind is like a parachute - it functions better when it is open. - Cole's Rules The ability to convert ideas to things is the secret of outward success. - Henry Ward Beecher The art of creation is older than the art of killing. - Andrei Voznesensky The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. - Pablo Picasso The aspects of things that are most important for us are hidden because of their simplicity and familiarity. - Ludwig Wittgenstein The best cosmetic in the world is an active mind that ia always finding something new. - Mary Atkeson The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas. - Linus Pauling The best way to predict the future is to invent it. - Robert Tucker The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get to the office. - Robert Frost The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. - Ralph Waldo Emerson The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by instinct acting
from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves. - Carl Jung The essential part of creativity is not being afraid to fail. - Edwin H. Land The hardest assumption to challenge is the one you don't even know you are making. - Douglas Adams The human mind once stretched by a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes The important thing is to not stop questioning. - Albert Einstein The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein The life of the creative man is lead, directed and controlled by boredom. Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes. - Saul Steinberg The man with a new idea is a crank - until the idea succeeds. - Mark Twain The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. - Alan Ashley-Pitt The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has. - Michelangelo The mere formulation of a problem is far more often essential than its solution, which may be merely a matter of mathematical or experimental skill. To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle requires creative imagination and marks real advances in science. - Albert Einstein The metaphor is probably the most fertile power possessed my men. - Ortega Y Gassett The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. - John Milton
The mind of man is capable of anything because everything is in it, all the past as well as the future. - Joseph Conrad The moral is that it is necssary to innovate, to predict the needs of the customers, and give him more. He that innovates and is lucky will take the market. - W. Edwards Deming The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards. - Arthur Koestler The more you think, the more time you have. - Henry Ford The obvious is always least understood. - Prince Metternich The only limits are, as always, those of vision. - James Broughton The opportunities of man are limited only by his imagination. But so few have imagination that there are ten thousand fiddlers to one composer. - Charles F. Kettering The opposite of creativity is cynicism. - Esa Saarinen The poorest man is not without a cent, but without a dream. - Author Unknown The Possibles slow fuse is lit by the Imagination. - Emily Dickinson The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were. - John F. Kennedy The profit of great ideas comes when you turn them into reality. - Tom Hopkins The purpose of today's learning is to defeat yesterday's understanding. - Miyamoto Musashi The reluctance to put away childish things may be a requirement of genius. - Rebecca P. Sinkler
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - Unknown The 'silly' question is the first intimation of some totally new development. - Alfred North Whitehead The sorcery and charm of imagination, and the power it gives to the individual to transform his world into a new world of order and delight, makes it one of the most treasured of all human capacities. - Frank Barron The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way. - Dale Carnegie The suspicious parent makes an artful child. - Thomas G. Halliburton The things we fear most in organizations - fluctuations, disturbances, imbalances - are the primary sources of creativity. - Margaret J. Wheatley The ultimate solutions to problems are rational; the process of finding them is not. - W. Gordon The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a very creative mind to spot wrong questions. - Anthony Jay The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. - Eden Phillpotts The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists. - Charles Dickens The world is but a canvas to our imagination. - Henry David Thoreau The world we have made as a result of the level of thinking we have done thus far creates problems we cannot solve at the same level of thinking at which we created them. - Albert Einstein There are no foolish questions and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking
questions. - Charles Steinmetz There are no problems - only opportunities to be creative. - Dorye Roettger There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun. - Pablo Picasso There are some things that are so serious you have to laugh at them. - Niels Bohr There are two ways of being creative. One can sing and dance. Or one can create an environment in which singers and dancers flourish. - Warren G. Bennis There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination. - Edmund Burke There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns. - Edward de Bono There is no limit to what a man can achieve as long as he doesn't care who get's the credit - Bob Woodruff There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes. - Buckminster Fuller There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly. - Buckminster Fuller There is nothing new except what has been forgotten. - Marie Antoinette There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. - Oscar Levant They will say you are on the wrong road, if it is your own. - Antonio Porchia They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream
only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe Think before you speak is criticism's motto; speak before you think, creation's. - E M Forster Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself. - Doris Lessing Thinking is the hardest work of all, and that's why so few of us do it. - Henry Ford Those who wish to sing, always find a song. - Swedish Proverb To be a man of knowledge one needs to be light and fluid. - Yaqui Mystic To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation. - Lichtenberg To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. - Henri L Bergson To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pierce To live is to have problems and to solve problems is to grow intellectually. - J.P. Guilford To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle requires a creative imagination and marks the real advances in science. - Albert Einstein To take the difficulties, setbacks and sorrows of life as a challenge to overcome makes us stronger, rather than unjust punishment which should not happen to us, requires faith and courage. - Erich Fromm To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted. - George Kneller We are apt to think that our ideas are the creation of our own wisdom but the truth is that they are the result of the experience through outside
contact. - Konosuke Matsushita We do not see the world as it is, we see it as we are. - Unknown We think in generalities, but we live in detail. - Alfred Whitehead What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake What is originality? Undetected plagiarism. - Dean William R. Inge What you can do, or dream you can, begin it; boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe When all think alike, then no one is thinking. - Walter Lippman When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong. - Buckminster Fuller When a finger points to the moon the imbecile looks at the finger. - Chinese Proverb When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West When the way comes to an end, then change - having changed, you pass through. - I Ching Whenever man comes up with a better mousetrap, nature immediately comes up with a better mouse. - James Carswell Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information? - T.S. Elliot Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you're absolutely right. - Henry Ford
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created. - Albert Einstein You cannot mandate productivity, you must provide the tools to let people become their best. - Steve Jobs You can't shoot an idea. - Thomas E. Dewey You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Nietzsche You see things: you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never are: and say 'Why not?'. - George Bernard Shaw You think that because you understand ONE you understand TWO, because one and one makes two. But you must understand AND.