how to bake a cake.pptx
Post on 04-Mar-2016
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONhow to bake a cake
How to bake a cake?
How to bake a cake?
Only 13 steps =)
1. Start with the right baking pansSimple, sturdy, single-wall aluminum pan, with or without nonstick coating.Tips for using other types of baking pans:Shining baking pansDark- or dull- finish pans and glass dishesRound pansRectangular pans
2. Prep the pansUse a paper towel or pastry brush to spread butter on the bottom, corner, and 1 inch up the sides of the pans
3. Preheat oven to the correct temperatureA cake tat bakes too fast can develop tunnels and cracksA cake that bakes too slowly can be coarsePreheat at least 10 minutesUse oven thermometer
4. Stir together the dry ingredientsflour, baking powder, soda, salt, cocoa powder.
5. Beat the softened butterUsing an electric mixer on medium to high speed, beat butter about 30 seconds. Generally, a stand mixer requires a medium speed for this step, while hand mixer requires a higher speed.
6. Gradually add the sugarAdd cup at a timeBeating on medium speedScrape the side of the bowl as neededAdding sugar little by little incorporates more air into the mixture.
7. Beat the butter and sugarBeat the mixture on medium speed until it is combined and has a light, fluffy textureScrape the bowl occasionally while beating
8. Add the eggs, one at a timeBreak one egg into a custard cupDiscard any shell fragments that may have dropped into the cupAdd egg to the butter-sugar mixture and beat well.Repeat the step with remaining eggs.
9. Add the flour mixture and liquidAdding some of the flour mix and some of the mixture and some of the milk to the butter/egg/sugar mixtureBeating on low speed after each addition just until combined.Do not over mix at this stage, this can cause elongated, irregular holes in the finished cake.
10. Pour cake batter into prepared pans and bakeDivide the batter evenly between the baking pans. Use an offset metal spatula to spread the batter in an even layerBe sure ro spread the batter to the edge of the pan
11. Check cake for donenessAfter the minimum baking time to avoid burning or overbrowning it,Insert a wooden toothpick bear to the center of the cakeIf the pick comes our clean, the cake is done
12. Cool the cake and remove from panLet cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutesFor 9- inch layer cakes, place a wire rack over the top of the cake and flip the cake and the pan.Being careful not to tear the edges If you used waxed paper, gently peel the paper off the cake.
13. Frost the cakeCool cake layers completely before frosting.