How do you know what time it will be in a few hours and a few minutes? For example: The clock shows 12:45. What time will it be in 2 hours and 10 minutes?
out of 15
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- How do you know what time it will be in a few hours and a few minutes? For example: The clock shows 12:45. What time will it be in 2 hours and 10 minutes?
- Slide 2
- In this lesson, you will learn how to solve elapsed time word problems in five-minute intervals by using a number line.
- Slide 3
- Lets Review Start time 6:30am7:30am8:30am End time
- Slide 4
- A Common Mistake 2:45Start time Change of time End time 1:35+ 1 08 : 3
- Slide 5
- Core Lesson Tanya went to daycare. The clock said 9:15am when she arrived. When her mother picked her up, the clock said 2:45pm. How long was Tanya at daycare? Start time End time Change of time
- Slide 6
- 5 minutes1 hour 2:45pm 9:15am2:15pm 5 hours, 30 minutes
- Slide 7
- Core Lesson The clock shows 12:45pm. What time will it be in 2 hours and 10 minutes? Start time End time Change of time
- Slide 8
- 12:45pm 2:45 pm 2:55pm 5 minutes1 hour
- Slide 9
- In this lesson, you have learned how to solve elapsed time word problems in five-minute intervals by using a number line.
- Slide 10
- Guided Practice The pool closed at 4:45 pm. It was open for 7 hours and 15 minutes before it closed. When did it open?
- Slide 11
- Extension Activities Write your own elapsed time word problem to the nearest five-minutes and ask a partner to solve for the unknown part.
- Slide 12
- Gionni can jump rope for 3 minutes and 10 seconds without stopping. If he starts jumping at 11:15 am, what time will he stop?
- Slide 13
- A flashlight batteries lasted for 10 hours and 19 minutes. If Lola turned the flashlight on at 3:35 am, what time did the batteries run out?
- Slide 14
- Quick Quiz 1) David started building a birdhouse at 6:15 pm. He finished at 7:05 pm. How long did it take him to build the birdhouse?
- Slide 15
- 2) The 3 rd grade went on a field trip for 3 hours and 25 minutes. If they left at 11 am, what time did they get back to school?
View more >
Do You Have a Few Minutes?: Reflections on Engaging Student Learning through Office Hours Presented by Yan Shan, Sociology & Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt,
Welcome to Oahu - Ctrip ?· avoid morning and evening rush hours and allow a few extra minutes to reach…
Reminders Turn in HOURS HOURS are due TODAY Insect test retakes this week only! Grade worksheets in a few minutes Next week is Shark week, this week is
Auckland: 2 hours Hamilton: 45 minutes Waitomo: 1 ½ hours Rotorua: 45 minutes Tauranga: 45 minutes Taupo: 1 ½ hours Wellington: 6 hours
Perl in a Day Few Hours - Harvard University ?· Perl in a Day Few Hours ... 3/7/14 Perl in a Few Hours…
We’re GLAD you’re here ! The presentation will begin in just a few minutes. The presentation will begin in just a few minutes