out of 11
Post on 24-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDifferentiating 14 sets of homonyms.
- 1. Homonymstheir tothere twotheyre too hear here yourits youreits
- 2. Homonyms are words that: sound alike are spelled differently have different meanings See examples below:
- 3. Lets look at some common homonyms!Word Definition Picture their possessive of they (their child) there location theyre contraction for they are Write a sentence correctly using at least two of the above homonyms.
- 4. More Work with HomonymsWord Definition Picture to direction too excessive; in addition two number Which homonym means very?
- 5. Its vs. ItsWord Definition Picture its possessive of it is its contraction of it is Rewrite the following sentence using a homonym: The dogs leash is long.
- 6. Youre vs. YourWord Definition Picture youre contraction of you are your possessive of you Which homonym shows ownership?
- 7. Hear vs. HereWord Definition Picture hear to listen here location If youre asking someone to come towards you, which homonym is correct?
- 8. Right vs. WriteWord Definition Pictureright correct; directionIf you are creatingpoetry, whichhomonym is mostsuitable?write to produce words
- 9. Peace vs. Piece Word Definition Picture peace calm piece part of a wholeFor the two homonymsabove, use the firsthomonym in a socialstudies context, andthe second one in amathematics concept.
- 10. More Practice with HomonymsWrite a poem, using the following homonyms: there, theyre, their too, to, two its, its youre, your right, write hear, here
- 11. References/Acknowledgments Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshare Music: Sam Levines Smooth Praise
View more >