high performance by design high performance by design
Post on 24-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. High performance by design. Tecra M5 Series
- Innovative technologies.Toshiba invests a substantial percentage of revenue in R&D to ensure customers receive products with leading-edge features to help increase productivity, gain efficiencies within their organization and solve unique needs and challenges associated with each customer.
- Quality you can rely on.Rigorous testing ensures that every Toshiba system offers customers durable and dependable products with a longer life cycle and minimal to no downtime.
- Maximum value.Toshiba products are built to provide customers outstanding performance, ease of use, countless configuration options with build-to-order choices and a low total cost of ownership.
Why Toshiba?Toshiba: Began as a technology company in 1875 3. Why Toshiba?Driving technology 130 years later 1985 First Portable PC 1986 First 286 Portable 1987 First PC Compatible 1988 First 386 Portable 1989 First CSTN Display 1990 First NiMH Battery 1991 First TFT Display 1992 First 486 Portable 1993 First Ultra-Portable 1994 First Pentium Portable 1995 First CD-ROM Portable 1996 First 120MHz Portable 1997 First Windows Mini-Notebook 1998 First DVD Portable 1999 First CD-RW 2001 First Wireless Portable 2002 First nVIDIA GeForce TMPortable 2003 First Widescreen Windows PC Portable 2004 First 4-in-1 AV Notebook Computer 2005 First Portable with EasyGuard TMTechnology Depend on Toshiba A World Leader in Industry Firsts 4.
- Notebook shipments will surpass Desktops in 2008, but Notebook revenue will overtake Desktops in 2007. 1
- Among the top U.S. notebook vendors, Toshiba was the fastest-growing vendor with 53% YOY growth in 2005 Q1. 2
- 48% of U.S. companies with more than 100 employees have already deployed a wireless network. 3
- 59% of U.S. households with PC networks are already wireless. 4
Notebook vs. Desktop Penetration 1IDC, Jun 2005, PC Review: June 2, 2005 2 IDC, May 2005, IDC's 2005 Q1 Final Top 10 (US WW) 3IDC, Dec 2004, Wireless LAN Penetration in U.S. Enterprises 4IDC, Apr 2005, U.S. Home Networking 2005-2009 Forecast Toshiba is leading the charge with innovative technologies and the highest growth in todays increasingly mobile and wireless society. Our customers benefit with new efficiencies and increased productivity our technology provides in each customers unique environment. 5. Tecra M5 SeriesBuilt for Businesses on the Move. Exceptional mobile performance for exceptional business performance. The Tecra M5 Series delivers the optimal balance of on-demand performance, reliability and security designed to keep professionals mobile and productivetoday and tomorrow. Featuring the latest Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology*, the Tecra M5 Series effortlessly handles the most demanding applications, epitomizing the battery life and thin and light mobility business users demand.= Reliability Security Productivity Mobility * Select Configurations 6.
- Weighing in at a mere 5.2 pounds*, the Tecra M5 Series expands mobile possibilities with a stunning and spacious 14.1 diagonal screen.
- Powered by Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology featuring the Intel Core Solo Processors, the Tecra M5 Series offers superior mobile and desktop performance.
- Drive crystal-clear, fluid video and multimedia with nVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M Graphics chipset.
- With over four hours of battery life*, users can enjoy greater freedom of mobility to work where they choose.
- Toshibas Advanced Port Replicator III Plus enables cable-free docking to your desk-bound peripherals and hassle-free undocking with the push of a button.
Tecra M5 SeriesKey Benefits * For legal footnotes, please go towww.info.toshiba.com . 7.
- Available in feature configurations and Built-to-Order options, the Tecra M5 can be equipped for your exact requirements.
- The Tecra M5 Series features a significant boost in mobile performance with the Serial ATA Hard Disk drives (up to 120GB of storage capacity) and boasts up to 4GB of DDR2 667MHz Dual Channel memory.
Tecra M5 SeriesKey Benefits 8.
- The Tecra M5 Series comes prepared for the rigors of the mobile business world with EasyGuard technology for exceptional protection, security, connectivity, reliability and productivity.
- EasyGuard Protect & Fix integrates lightweight shock-absorbing technologies into the notebooks design to better protect critical components and keep them working longer. EasyGuard Protect & Fix also combines intelligent free-falldetecting 3D accelerometer and HDD shock absorption to protect sensitive hard disks from unexpected impacts, falls or excessive vibrations. 5
- EasyGuard Protect & Fixs spill-resistant keyboard incorporates extra insulation and fluid resistance to provide a barrier between circuitry and moisture should an accidental spill occurallowing users enough time to save their work, close files and shut down the system. 6
- EasyGuard Secure incorporates an embedded biometric fingerprint reader allowing users to easily log in by simply swiping their finger across the built-in reader, preventing unauthorized access to the notebook.
- EasyGuard Connect makes it faster and easier to find and make the strongest LAN, WLAN and WAN connections possiblein any mobile settingwith integrated 802.11a/b/g wireless, Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR, v.92 modem and 10/100/1000 Ethernet.
Tecra M5 Series EasyGuard Key Benefits 5Toshibas shock absorption technology provides higher impact protection for your system as compared to Toshiba systems without similar shock protection features based on Toshibas drop tests.6Under Toshiba testing conditions, the spill-resistant keyboard delayed the time for a water spill to reach the PC's main board to allow more time to properly close down the machine. Toshibas standard limited warranty terms and limitations apply. Visit www.warranty.toshiba.com for details. 9.
- The Tecra M5 Series delivers the optimal balance of performance, reliability, security and longevity designed to maximize productivity for mobile business users in any mobile settingtoday and tomorrow.
- As the flagship of the Tecra family, the Tecra M5 Series offers a long and stable image platform and product life cycle.
- Toshibas EasyGuard Technology provides multiple security and protection measures to keep the notebook, and its data, safe from unexpected accidents and unwanted intrusion.
- The nVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M graphics processor brings a higher degree of sophistication to multimedia and business applications.
- Weighing just 5.2 pounds* and packed with cutting-edge mobile features, the Tecra M5 Series epitomizes thin and light productivity.
How to Position the Tecra M5 Series with Your Customers* For legal footnotes, please go towww.info.toshiba.com . 10.
- Corporate Users
- Designed for mobile corporate users ranging from sales and marketing to audit and consulting, the Tecra M5 Series is a lightweight yet powerful computing companion.
- IT/Technical Department
- IT departments looking for a stable image platform, long life cycle and reliable components will appreciate this powerful and reliable Tecra notebook.
- On-the-Go Professionals
- This thin and light notebook PC is protected with multiple security features and is just the right PC for any professional always moving between the office, meetings and traveling.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Customers looking for the lowest Total Cost of Ownership measured over the complete lifecycle, from purchase to disposal, will find this series attractive.
Target Audience 11.
- Are you looking for a thin and light notebook PC that offers high performance and powerful features in a conveniently portable form factor?
- Are added security and data protection features important to you as you evaluate your computing options?
- Would you be interested in a notebook PC with a stable and long life cycle that offers multiple configuration choices to meet your unique needs?
- Will your company benefit from the cost savings of a single computer platform?
- Would a choice of pointing devices be beneficial to you?
- Will your mobile users be more productive using a notebook PC that offers four hours of battery life?
- Does your company value spill-resistant key boards and four active methods of HDD protection for a more durable notebook PC?
Sales Probe QuestionsIf your customers answer yes to one or more of these questions, the Tecra M5 Series may be the perfect choice for them. 12. Tecra M5 SeriesProduct Specifications * For legal footnotes, please go towww.info.toshiba.com .**Configurations subject to change without notice. Visitwww.config.toshiba.comfor configuration options.Starting at 5.2 lbs (2.37kg) depending upon configuration 4 hours, 2 minutes (6-cell battery) Integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 ABG (801.11a/b/g) nVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M with 128MB DDR discrete graphics memory14.1 diagonal TFT active-matrix LCD display at 1024x768 (XGA)DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer)100GB (5400 RPM) 51