heir conditioning (f2)
Post on 09-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. HEIR CONDITIONINGIntroduction M SHANmughalingam
2. HEIR CONDITIONING 3. Grand dad did you breathebefore air cons were invented was it hard staying alive without modern inventions? Grandma werent you flusteredas you fluttered with paper fans? Could you communicate before faxes and long distance calls became basic necessities? 4.
- Grandchild we lived
- before your age. Because
- of our ignorance,
- we did not know
- pollution, stress, traffic jams
- destruction of forests,
- streams and hills
- we feared God and nature
- now nature fears you and
- money is your new God.
5. HEIR CONDITIONING
- This poem is written in London, May 4, 1995. It talks about issues regarding different lifestyles and values of two generations. It also talks about the generation gap that exists between grandparents and their grandchildren. This poem is like a dialogue between them.
6. HEIR CONDITIONING
- STANZA 1
In the first stanza, the grandchild asks his grandfatherStanza 2 In the second stanza, the grandparents answer sets the two generations apart. 7. HEIR CONDITIONING
TitleThe title implies the transfer of a generation and highlights the gap that existed and apparent in societies today. This gap existed due to development and modernization. 8. HEIR CONDITIONING
- Structure of a poem
- There are two stanzas in this poem. It does not have a fixed rhyme scheme.
- Point of view
- Written in the first point of view.
- Written in the present time but there are references made to life in the past
9. HEIR CONDITIONING
- Modernisation comes with a price. Differences in time between two generations Spirituality vs. Materialism
- Traditional vs. Modernisation Wisdom vs. Ignorance
Theme 10. LETS DO SOMETHING!
- Activity1: Conditioned Minds
What modern inventions you cannot live without? Provide your reasons. 11. LETS DO SOMETHING!
- Activity2:Bare necessities
- used inthe
- past and
12. LETS DO SOMETHING!
- Activity 3:Past Verses Present
Create and present a mini dialogue between a grandparent and grandchild based on the poem. 13. LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST!
- Activity 4:Conditioning me
Complete the crossword puzzles as fast as you can. 14.