hcl summer internship project a study on consumer behavior
Post on 07-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 1 (THE USES OF HCL PRODUCT) Submitted to ACCMAN INTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT In partial fulfillment of POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT Approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD. Govt. of India Submitted by VIKRAM KUMAR PGDM 2012-14 ACCMAN INTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT Under the guidence of Faculty Guide Industry Guide Prof. Menka Sharma Mr. Manish Raj Faculty Regional Sales Manager ACCMAN INTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT HCL Infosystem Ltd. Greater Noida Patna
- 2. 2 DECLARATION I, herby declared to the best of my knowledge and belief that the summer training report entitled as A STUDY ON CUSTOMER BEHAVIOUR (The uses of HCL products) for HCL Infosystem being submitted to the partial fulfillment of Post Graduate Diploma In Management (PGDM) is my original work and the projectreport has not formed the basis for the award of any diploma, degree, associate ship, fellowship or similar other titles. It has not been submitted to any other university or institution for the award of any degree or diploma. I, Vikram Kumar hereby declare that all this work purely done by myself on a primary data and secondary. It is totally free from any biasness to any individual or any group of people. Date: Place: Vikram Kumar
- 3. 3 ACKNOWLEDGEMENT Industrial training is an integral part of any Management based program and forthat purposes I had joined HCLInfosystems Ltd., Indias premier information enabling company. I take the opportunity to express my gratitude to all of them who in some or other way helped me to accomplish this challenging project in HCL InfosystemsLtd. No amount of written expression is sufficient to show my deepest sense of gratitude to them. I am very thankful to External Guide, Mr. Manish Raj (Regional Sales Manager), Office Frontline Devision, HCL Infosystems Ltd., Patna and very grateful to Prof. Menka Sharma, ACCMAN Institute of Management, Greater Noida for their everlasting support and guidance on the ground of which I have acquired a new field of knowledge. Thecourse structure created for this curriculum has benefited with the inclusion ofrecent development in the organizational and managerial aspects. I express my sincere thanks to Mr. Priya Ranjan Sir and all the employees of HCL Infosystems Ltd. for their kind co-operation during my summer project. I am thankful to all the member of HCL Infosystem Ltd., Patna, which hasgiven me valuable information in the part of my project. Vikram Kumar
- 4. 4 PREFACE The management as a discipline has attracted attention of the academician and practitioner to a very great extent. Its importance has been growing day by day because the business concerns, which have developed, are very large and complex, with many people working together. A very essential part of the management education is job training. The aim of jobtraining is exposure of the management student in the field that is done to test the classroom learning. Practical training is considered to be an essential part of all the professiona linstitutions and those who are aspiring for Business Management Programme. This project is done in the field of marketing. As aspect of management education, which is receiving attention in the evaluation ofthe practical training, is to bring actual environment in touch of BusinessManagement. It is rigidly accepted that the theory widens ones thinking horizons viz.concepts of marketing philosophies, but practice indicates the modern marketing and used in wide variety of settings of products. This project work has been done under the kind permission of HCL Infosystems ltd. (Patna). It is undertaken in Patna (Main area) under the guidance of Mr. Manish Raj, Regional SalesManager of HCL Infosystem ltd. The report gives a true picture of the practical activities done by whole group withinthe jurisdiction. The study area was limited to Patna (Main area). Hence result of the study can be utilized in Patna (Main area) only.
- 5. 5 Table of Content SL.No. PARTICULAR PAGE No. 1. EXCUTIVE SUMMERY 6 2. OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY 7 3. SCOPE OF THE STUDY 8 4. COMPANY PROFILE 9-10 5. VISION & MISSION 11 6. PHILOSOPHY OF QUALITY 12 7. HISTORY 13-17 8. ABOUT HCL INFOSYSTEMS 18-20 9. 6 S OFFERING FOR BUSINESS EMPOWERMENT OF HCL INFOSYSTEMS 21-22 10. BUSINESS MODEL 23 11. ABOUT HCL FRONTLINE DIVISION 24 12. ABOUT HCL OFFICE AUTOMATIONDIVISION 25 13. ALLIANCES & PARTNERSHIPS 26 14. KEY PARTNERSHIPS 27 15. PRODUCT AND SERVICES 28-32 16. COMPETITORS OF HCL FRONTLINE DIVISION 33 17. SWOT ANALYSIS OF HCL INFOSYSTEMS 34-35 18. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 36-37 19. DATA ANALYSIS 38-43 20. RESULT AND FINDINGS 44 21. ROMMENDATIONS 45 22. CONCLUSION 46 23. BIBLIOGRAPHY 47
- 6. 6 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The main purpose of this project is to analyze the IT requirements of the companies, institutes under a vertical or an industry. This project gives us an idea about the usage of IT and IT related products in a given industry. It also helps us to get an insight into a given vertical and get to know about the various pain areas, related to hardware. Since in business, almost all the companies and their operations are majorly dependent upon information technology, and even the small base companies are also getting digital, or in other words they are also hiring more computers and other IT products instead of people. This project gives the information about how information technology is helping companies to become more efficient and grow faster. It also talks about the different IT companies which are in picture and are providing services to various companies under the vertical. The project also deals with the research about the presence of HCL as a brand. This research also includes finding out the reputation, mind share, trends in buying behavior and also the market share of HCL brand in the Corporate and Education sector. Research about presence of other brands has also been done, which has helped in analyzing the competition of HCL with other IT brands. While carrying out this research, the emphases have also been laidon the type of IT product is required in different offices and institutes, time of purchasing, and differences in the buying behavior of Corporate and Institutes regarding the IT products. Surveys have been carried out with the help of the questionnaires. Visits were made to various institutes and corporate offices in Patna (Main area)
- 7. 7 Objective of the study: To study Customer Satisfaction level towards the usage of HCL Products. To identify the sources through which the customers were aware of HCL Products To identify the financing method used for the purchase of HCL Products. To analyze the reasons which influence the purchase of HCL products To find the market share of HCL in IT products. To compare the use of IT products in institutes and business houses. To explore the unexplored potential market of HCL LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY The area for the survey was limited in and around PATNA (Main area) only. The time allotted for the project was from May 02 Jul 02, 2013. Some customers were unwilling to provide information. Due to bias respondents might have given false information which might lead to biased conclusions. This study covers the sample size of 150 Customers for the above period.
- 8. 8 Scope of the study: As the data collected from Patna (Main area) city, the result cannot correlate to the entire city,So future researcher may concentrate on other regions. This project is to improve their efficiency in the field of marketing and also to provide best service. This project is helpful to do project in the concept of customer service and to know the information about customers expectations and their needs among the product. The study covers 150 customers in and around Patna city. A study of this type could be useful in marketing field. This helps to analyze the level of satisfaction of business establishment with respect to competitors. This also helps to know for which aspect does customers give gravity to buy a computers. This also included the activity of collecting suggestions from the customers to improve the companys performance and customer service.
- 9. 9 INTRODUCTION COMPANY PROFILE HCL Infosystem Ltd. is one of the pioneers in Indian IT market, with its origins in 1976. For over quarter of a century, HCL have developed and implemented solutions for multiple market segments, across a range of technologies in India. HCL have been in the forefront in introducing new technologies and solution. HCL Infosystem (HCLI) draws its strength from 29 years of experience in handling the ever changing IT scenario strong customer relationship, ability to provide thecutting edge technology at best value for money and top of it, an excellent service andsupport infrastructure. Today HCL is countrys premier information enablingcompany. It offers one stop shop convenience to its diverse customers having an equally diverse set of requirements. Be it a large multi location enterprise, or a small/medium enterprise, or a small office or a home, HCLI has a product range, sales andsupport capability to service the needs of the customers. Last 29 years a part fromknowledge and experience have also given us continuity in relationship with the customers, thereby increasing the custo
View more >