gss session iv-b -- ms maren verfuhrt: “national occupational standards”
Post on 13-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. National Occupational Standards Maren Verfuerth Project Manager India Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation
2. Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB ) is the national and international centre of competence for initial and continuing vocational education and training in Germany, and contributes to the improvement of vocational education and training by means of research, advisory services and development. Target groups: policy, research, practice, general audience Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 3. Areas of responsibility and tasks of BIBB Drawing up concepts for the qualification of in-company training staff Support of in-company training practice via modern training documentation and media Investigation of the structural developments on the training places market and within continuing training Identification of future qualification requirements by early recognition of these Development and modernisation of initial and advanced training occupations International research and VET cooperation Promotion of modern vocational training centres to supplement in-company initial and continuing vocational education and training Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 4. Public-Private-Partnership: Shared Responsibility in VET
- cooperationbetween thepublic and private sector
- common steering, regulation and financingarrangements
- governed by a statutorylegislative framework
Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation Vocational training act 5. The German Dual System of TVET
- Two venuesfor learning
In the company At part-time vocational school Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 6. National Standards
- 350national standards (recognized training occupations), of which:
- 189 national standards have been updated since 1996
- 64 national standards have been newly developed since 1996
Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 7. The principle of consensus
- as a maxim for the planning, organisation and implementation of vocational education and training:
- The state does not take decisions on initial vocational training against the will of the social partners.
- Example: Training regulations
- The state allows the social partners a large measure of influence in the drafting of new training regulations and modernisation of existing ones.
- Training regulations are the result of a consensus reached through negotiations between the social partners.
Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 8. Setting of standards
- The German government uses laws and regulations to regulate the legal framework for vocational training
- Legal provisions that outline the aims and content of and examination requirements for in-company training are training regulations.
- The BIBB prepares the content of training regulations for the government.
- The BIBB develops drafts together with on-the-ground experts who have been delegated by management and labour.
Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 9. Legal Basis of Standards ordinance (= training regulation) Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation Vocational Training Act framework curriculum (part-time vocational school)general training plan (company) learning fields learning objectivesexamination regulations 10. Federal Law Gazette Part I No. 33 published in Bonn on 25 July 2007
- on vocational education and training in the occupation of
- motor vehicle mechatronics technician
- promulgated on 20 July 2007
- Whereas by reason of 4 para. 1 of the Vocational Training Act of 23 March 2005 () and in agreement with the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology does decree as follows:
- State recognition of the training occupation
- The training occupation of motor vehicle mechatronics technician is hereby
- accorded state recognition.
Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 11. Minimum content of a training regulation Title of the training occupation Duration of traineeship Training profile Framework training plan Examination standards Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation 12. Overview of learning fields for the regulated occupation of motor vehicle mechatronics technician (voc. schools) Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation Learning fields Nr. Suggested time allocation 1st year 2nd year 3rd year 4th year 1 Maintenance and care of vehicles or systems 100 2 Disassemble, repair and assemble technical vehicle subassemblies or systems 80 3 Test and repair electrical and electronic systems 80 4 Test and repair open loop and closed loop control systems 60 5 Test and repair energy supply and starting systems 80 6 Test and repair engine mechanics 60 7 Diagnose and repair engine management systems 100 8 Conduct service and repair work on exhaust systems 40 motor vehicle technology specialist area 9P Maintain power transmission systems 60 10P Maintain chassis and brake systems 80 13.
- Thank you for your attention!
- Contact: Maren Verfuerth
- Tel.: +49/228 107 - 1348
- E-mail: email@example.com
Section 1.4 Advisory Services and International Cooperation