Gafe: google apps and classroom integration
Post on 13-Aug-2015
- 1. GAFE: Google Apps for Education & Classroom Integration
- 2. Examples of a few of our favorite tricks and tools by: Michelle Mihalik English/French Beth Walton FACS
- 3. Organization with Classroom When Google Classroom opened it made the organization and workflow of sending and collecting GAFE so much easier.
- 4. Google Classroom Highlights Easily add students to the class with a join code Easily assign a Google Doc, Slide, Sheet. Select make a copy and every student will get their own digital copy of the assignment. Allow everyone to edit the same Doc, Slide, or Sheet. Nice for group work. Easily collect assignments, display assignment information, due dates, and points possible. Easily view who has/has not completed assignments. Students cannot edit the document once they hit turn in. Also submit links, pdfs, and videos. Consistent sign-in across apps!!!!!!!
- 5. Google Classroom: Check out the Highlights
- 6. Google Classroom: And a Few More! Assign to multiple classes at the same time.
- 7. Google Classroom: And a Few More! Easily email all or selected students.
- 8. Google Classroom: Class announcements by students and teachers Post for everyone to see.
- 9. Organization and Collection with Forms Forms can help quiz, poll, test, survey, and collect information.
- 10. Google Forms Highlights Collect class information for groups, preferences, blog links, goals etc. Survey (with or without names) Quiz/Test (with or without names) Results will be submitted to a spreadsheet for easy viewing. Create self-graded tours.
- 11. Google Forms: Collecting names and blog links for a class blogroll
- 12. Google Forms: Housing and Interiors quiz
- 13. Creation with Slideshow Information, creation, collaboration, presentation
- 14. Google Slides Highlights Share information in text, pictures, video, audio, links. Various collaboration and editing settings Easily view who participated, when, and what content was added throughout. Students and teachers can create multimedia presentations. Easy peer edits and teacher comments/feedback. Easy duplication of templates. Works in Google Classroom. Works with Doctopus and Goobric Free templates available. Example: Slide Carnival
- 15. Google Slides: Class brainstorm example
- 16. Google Slides: Revision history and participation
- 17. Google Slides: This assignment template was easily copied to each student in Google Classroom
- 18. Google Slides: Add comments just like a Google Doc
- 19. The sky is the limit with Docs Docs are a go to tool for a wide variety of tasks. Agendas, lesson plans, assignments, collaboration, creativity, multimedia.....
- 20. Google Docs Highlights Weekly: Lesson plans are posted on continuing Google Doc each week throughout the year. Problem Solver: Solves the problem of absent students needing information about missed work. Parent information: Agendas are easily shared and emailed to parents, as well as, administrators, department heads, and co-teachers. Students: Use for assignments, word processing, collaboration, multimedia presentations, outlines, group planning etc. Commenting and feedback Works with Google Classroom, Doctopus, Goobric. Current favorite add-ons are Easybib and Thesaurus.
- 21. Google Docs: Lesson Plans Click for full lesson example
- 22. Google Docs: Rolling student agenda Students, parents, and administrators can easily scroll through the semester and access information and assignment links, dates, toipcs, standards etc.
- 23. Google Docs: Add-ons Easy Bib
- 24. Google Docs: Add-ons Thesaurus
- 25. Google Docs: Add-ons Lucidcharts
- 26. Organization Calendar Calendars can help with planning, organization, scheduling, and pushing information.
- 27. Google Docs Highlights Multiple calendars can be created within Google Calendars. Each calendar can be customized with a different color. Each calendar can be turned off and on. Each calendar can be shared in various ways. Use with IFTTT to create a recipe that will automatically push calendar information to social media sites. Share calendars with students, parents, teachers etc. and share within other web pages with Calendars export options.
- 28. Google Calendar: View settings Various Views Turn calendars off and on.
- 29. Google Calendar: Settings Other options
- 30. Google Calendar: Notifications Notification Settings
- 31. Google Calendar: Share settings Share options
- 32. Google Calendar: Embed options Embed options
- 33. Google Calendar: IFTTT + Calendar = nice marriage of easy updates Watch This
- 34. Organization Google Classroom + Rubrics Provide effective and less cumbersome feedback.
- 35. Google Classroom + Rubrics Highlights Add a Goobric to almost any opened assignment in Google Classroom. Provide quick, clear, and informative feedback to students. Rubrics will display within students assignments. All scores will be sent to a spreadsheet for easy viewing by the educator. (See video on next slide)
- 36. Goobrics + Google Classroom
- 37. Google Classroom and Rubrics Teacher View
- 38. Google Classroom and Rubrics Easy to make rubric in sheets
- 39. Google Classroom and Rubrics Easy to view results for teachers and students
- 40. Social learning Blogger Creativity, publishing, authentic, creative, collaboration.
- 41. Google Blogger Share projects, writing, thoughts in an authentic and published environment. Same login! Add media and app smash! Personalize blog Interact and respond to others. Learn from others.
- 42. Google Blogger: Class blogroll Class blogroll. Provides access to everyone in the class.
- 43. Google Blogger: Professional development and PLN (Personal Learning Network) Share information publicly with other teachers. Click image to access full blog.
- 44. Google Blogger: HTML Embedding! Click image to access ful post. Video created in EDPuzzle then embedded in blog post.
- 45. Questions? Email Us Michelle Mihalik firstname.lastname@example.org Beth Walton email@example.com Thank You We hope this was helpful to you.
View more >
Google Classroom - Tulsa Public Schools Classroom Here’s what Google says about Classroom “More teaching, less tech-ing Classroom is available to anyone with Google Apps for Education #GAFE, a
Google Apps for Education Executed GAfE for Education (03.20.2012) Google Apps for Education Agreement This Google Apps for Education Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by and between Google Inc. (“Google”), with offices
Google Apps, Google Classroom amp; Pupilpath viewGoogle Apps and PupilPath Workshop For Parents. Tuesday, October 24th . 9:15 -10:15am. Want to know more about Google Apps, Google Classroom and Pupilpath?