frsa flash for 21sep2012
out of 13
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. www.facebook.com/TF Knighthawk Government Organization TF KnighthawkHave questions or concerns? Be sureto contact your FRG Leader or FRSA. FRSA FlashHHC September 21, 2012Jennifer CannonAlphaDeathstalker 9/22 Adirondack Railroad Fall Foliage Trip Parks andCarole Barlow Recreation 9/22 UFC at Winners Circle BOSSBecky Blanchard 9/22 - Trash to Treasure 10-1PM - Crescent Woods Commu nity CenterC/CoWarlords 9/25 - Investing 101-ROTH IRA 9-11AM - ACSCasey Greene 9/25 Teen Image-Makers Photography Club Youth Cen- terHeidi Woerheide 9/25 Family Night: Horseback Riding The CommonsD/CoDragonhawk 9/26 At-Home Career Fair Army Community Service 9/26 Teen Cooking Club Youth CenterShaunna Fitzpatrick 9/27 Federal Employment Workshop - ACS 9/27 - FRG Book Club - ACSKimberly Perez 9/29 - Meet the Author: Hope Marston - McEwen LibraryE/Co Knight Rider 9/29 - Skate Jam - Youth Center 10/1-14 - Clothing Give-Away Drop-Off ACSSterling Reep 10/1-2 - 1BCT DONSAF/ CoFirehawk 10/1 Homemade Christmas Group ACS 10/2 English For Speakers of Other Languages ACSJamie Sampsel 10/3 BOSS 5K Fun Run Magrath Sports Complex 10/3 - OPSEC Safety for Families 10:30AM-12PM - ACSWendy Everett 10/4 Employment 101 ACSF/CoPathfinder 10/5 - DIVISION DONSA 10/5 Couponing Class ACSAna Hume 10/5 - In Her Shoes: Living With Domestic Violence ACS 10/8 - COLUMBUS DAY/DIVISION DONSAChristina Perdue 10/9 - EFMP Support Group ACSAdvisors 10/9 - Key Caller Class ACS 10/9 - Build Your Own Business ACSRebecca Braman 10/12 - Veterans Information Day Dulles State OfficeJessica Chilson Building 10/13 - Im Alone Youth Training - School Age CenterFamily Readiness Support 10/19 - Coping with Deployment Class - USO 10/26 - Daytreat 9:30AM-3PM - Po Valley ChapelAssistant 10/26 - Haunted Hayride - Remington ParkKelley Arnold 10/27 - 2BCT Haunted Hotel315-774-1373
- 2. Upcoming Task Force Events:Spouses lunch: Topic Coping with Stress TF Knighthawk Org. Dayon the Homefront Location: TF Knighthawk HangarDate: 27 Sep 2012Time: 1145-1245 Date: 18Oct 2012Location: TF ClassroomJRTC Town Hall MeetingLocation: MPA More information and flyers coming soon for allDate: 9Oct 2012 events! If you have any question please contact Kelley Arnold, FRSA 315-774-1373.Time: 1000-Noon, 6:00pm8:00pm OBSTACLES: TF 2-10 KNIGHTHAWK 1.Mudd Hill - A huge mound of dirt soaked in water Presents THE ROUGH MUDDER 2.Face in the Mud - obstacle set up with stakes and 550 chord to set up a low crawl Who: Soldiers and their Families When: 29 September 2012 @ 0900 AM 3.Sand Trap a pit of sand runners will bearcrawl acrossWhat: A 5k Obstacle Run (think youre tough?) Where: TF 2-10 Knighthawk Hangar 4.Slippery Slalom - runners will have to go up and down Why: To have fun and get muddy! through a drainage ditchBring your families, activities for all ages! Or justcome on your own! 5k Run with mud/water 5.Mud Marsh - this drainage ditch will be filled with aobstacles to test your toughness. You will get shallow pool of watermuddy and dirty. This is an off-road course, nopets! 6.The Web - Netting is staked down, forcing the participants to crawl under/through$10 Entry Fee All money goes to support the Soldiers!$10 for a Rough Mudder T-shirt. First 150 guaranteed a T-shirt.Please Contact CPT John Meier for entry form and any additionalinformation. 315-774-1313 firstname.lastname@example.org 7.Gauntlet - The final stretch of this race will be lined onThere are a couple different ways to pay for the event. A check both sides with water sourcescan be written, payable to CPT Martinez (Fernando Martinez) orus can pay cash. CPT Meier will be in the office all next week ifyou want to drop off your money, or they can bring their moneythe day of the event. We will have a table set up for registation.CPT Meier would ask anyone who is planning to participate to ** Each obstacle will have at least 1x Safety/Instructorsend him an email (information is on the above flyer), or givehim a call so you can by added to the list and a T-Shirts can beset aside. CPT Meier would like to receive the entry form priorto the 29th.
- 3. Children may participate in this run, for every child participating a con-sent form MUST be filled out.PRICE:Per person: $10Family of 3+: $25
- 4. A power outage has been scheduled for 29 September 2012, starting at 5 am and will continue until 6 pm. Theoutage will take place close to the intersection of South Riva Ridge and Nancy Drive and at the intersection ofChapel Drive and South Riva Ridge. The reason for the outage is to upgrade the current power lines and makeCoblenz Circle able to be back feed from another direction. We are combining two outages into one. The outagewill be for the same 12 hours but of the homes will only be out of power for up to 4 hours. Below is a break-down of who will be affected and for how long. It will affect the 9000 area housing (Coblenz Circle only), MP Sta-tion, CID, FD, CDCs, Main Post Chapel, Car Wash for approx 12 hours starting at 5 am. The following housing areaswill be affected for up to 4 hours starting at 5 am. 9000 area(9050 thru 9086) 9100, 9200, 9300, 10800. Again, theoutage is scheduled for approx 12 hours but if done sooner power will be restored immediately. If you have anyquestions please contact Jeff Carroll at 523-0458.
- 5. Managing Military ID Cards Just Got EasierBy Lisa DanielAmerican Forces Press ServiceThe center has launched its RAPIDS http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service/rapids/unauthenticated?execution=e1s1 -- Real-timeAutomated Personnel Identification System -- self-service portal to allow anyone with the Defense Departments common accesscard, or CAC, to apply for family ID or retirement cards or update dependents statuses online."Its really exciting," Mary Dixon, the centers director, said. "Weve been working for some time now to try to improve and trans-form our whole ID card application process so people can do things online and not spend long hours going to a site and waiting tobe seen."The change may seem procedural, but its impact will be big for those who, without it, have had to spend countless hours waitingin line with their families to get ID cards. Before RAPIDS, service members, retirees and families had to go together to a DefenseManpower Data Center to submit an application form and wait while the ID card is being made, Dixon said."This is big project," she said. "It takes away time from your work, and if you are separated maybe the spouse is out on a ship oron deployment or your child is away at college it makes it a huge problem."Now, the CAC holder can go onto the RAPIDS site, call up the listing of their dependents, and fill out and digitally sign form No.1172-2 for their family members to receive an ID card. That family member then can go alone to the closest DMDC office theyare listed on the website and linked to Google Maps for driving directions -- to pick up thecard, Dixon said.RAPIDS
View more >