Post on 14-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Ice Creama frozen dessert usually made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. Most varieties contain sugar, although some are made with other sweeteners. Frozen Desserts
- ICE CREAM and SHERBET
- Are Churn-Frozen, meaning they are mixed constantly while being frozen.
- If they are not churned, they would freeze into a solid block of ice.
- Churning helps the ice crystals small and incorporates air into the desserts.
2. Frozen Desserts Kinds of Frozen Dessert 3.Ice Milk is like an ice cream, but with a lower butterfat content 4 . Frozen Yogurt contains yogurt in addition to the normal ingredients for ice cream or ice milk. 5.Gelato An Italian version of Ice cream. Mostly higher in fat contentthan the normal ice cream. Resulting to a much creamier andflavorful mouthfeel. 3. Frozen Desserts Other types of Frozen Dessert 2.Sorbet French Word (sor-bay), similar content to ices. 3 .Sorbetto (s)Italian term for sorbet
- Granite (grah-nee-tay) is coarse, crystalline ice, made without
American Sherbets contains milk/cream, sometimes eggwhites. (The eggwhites increases The smoothness and volume. Ices, also called water ices, contain only fruit juice, water, sugar and sometimes eggwhites But they do not contain milk products. Sorbetti (p) 4. Frozen Desserts Production and Quality
- Smoothness related to the size of ice crystals in the product.
- Ice Cream should be frozen rapidly and churned
- well during freezing so that the large crystalsdont have a chance to form
- * Large Crystal may form if ice cream is not stored at low enough temperature (below 0F/-18C)
5. Frozen Desserts Production and Quality
- 2.Overrun increase in volume due to incorporation of air
- when freezing ice cream.
- Overrun affected by many factors, including the type of freezing equipment, the length of churning time, the fat content of the mix, the
- percentage of solids in the mix, and how full the freezer is.
6. Frozen Desserts Production and Quality
- MouthFeel or body depends, on smoothness and overrrun
- as well as other qualities.
- A good ice cream melts in the mouth to a smooth, not too heavy liquid .
- Some ice cream has too many stabilizer that they never melt to a liquid.
7. Popular Ice Cream Desserts
- made with alternating layers of ice Cream and fruit or syrup in tall, narrow glasses.
- They were usually named after the syrup or the topping.
- 2.Sundaes or Coupes
- One or two scoops of ice cream or sherbet placed in a dish or glass and topped with any number of syrup, fruits, topping and garnishes
- Coupes are elegantly decorated dessert.
Popular Ice Cream Desserts 9. What is a Tuile?
- A tuile is a type of very lightweight, dry, crisp cookie.
- These cookies come in a dizzying array of shapes, sizes, and flavors, but every style tends to be delectable.
- Tuiles are also incredibly versatile, and they can be used for everything from ice cream garnishes to crusts for tiny, delicate tarts.
In French, tuile means tile, and it is a reference to the shape of the classic tuile, which is typically allowed to bake and then molded around something like a dowel while it is still warm and pliable. 10. 11.