foursquare api + gorated.ph
out of 9
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONFoursquare API + GoRated.PH by Ragde Falcis
- 1. Case Study: GoRated.PH How and why we usedFoursquare API for GoRated.PH
- 2. Web service to help both locals andtourists alike discover the best of thePhilippines with unbiased community ratings.
- 3. Problem How can we populate our database with places/ venues as quickly as possible? ..with only limited resources such as domain knowledge and people.
- 4. Solutions that we triedGoogle Places API- Only few registered places- Complicated way of adding new places- Limited PHP library (at that time)
- 5. Solutions that we tried OpenStreetMap- More registered places than Google Places- Not so powerful and extensive API (at that time)- Slow server response (API request)
- 6. Solutions that we triedFoursquare API- More registered places than OpenStreetMap- More activity community- Updated and Dynamic data such as check-ins, trending, photos etc..
- 7. Another problemOur code-base is written mostly in PHP and we want to maintain it that way. Faster and lightweight.
- 8. Foursquare Libraries
- 9. Eden Foursquare PHP Library
View more >