Final Presentation Social Network Presentaion
Post on 01-Nov-2014
- 1. By Rebecca DiBona, Colby Eaton, Kalei Fowkes & Elizabeth Pape .
- 2. What & Why?
- Topic: Social Networking in Business, Communications, Government, & Academic Institutions.
- We all use social networking recreationally & were curious as to how it was beneficial in other aspects of our lives.
- 3. Elements of our Topic: Social Networking in the Context of.
- 4. Business: Where do C-Suite Executives get their Information? SOURCE: FORBES INSIGHTS, "THE RISE OF THE DIGITAL C-SUITE"THE EXPANDING B2B ONLINE UNIVERSE Share of executives who judged source "valuable or "very valuable
- 5. Business: Facebook
- 104 million users in the United States
- Registration increasing by 250,000 per day since 2007
- People spend up to 17% of their time on social networks
- 58% of users have a household income of $60,000 or more
- Major target for businesses advertising products
- Creating fan pages or groups that promote your business
- Allow customers to talk about products
- Opens up communication between businesses and customers
- 6. Business: Twitter
- 7. Communications:
- 8. Government:
- 9. Government: How do they use Social Networking?
- EPA Facebook Network
- CIA Uses Facebook group to invite students to apply for jobs
- USA.gov Facebook fan page, public can become fan, post videos, news and photos
- Library of Congress Photostream in Flickr
- Posts governments public domain photos on a site where public can comment on the photos
- LinkedIn A Network of experienced professionals
- Govloop A social network for all federal, state, and local government employees
- NASA CoLab: Collaborative Workspace Site
- Provides frameworks for partnership projects between the nation's space program and talented, creative, tech-savvy communities.
- Fosters interest and involvement in the space program
- Provides a way for individuals to actually contribute to NASA
- 10. Social Networking in Academic Institutions:
- ``The only way my class communicates its articles or what's happening is through their Facebook,'' says Krop's journalism teacher Mary K. Sullivan.
- Virtually free of cost.
- Can be utilized in a secure, password-protected environment.
- 11. Academic Institutions:
- 12. Remember
- Business people rated the Internet their most valuable research tool.
- Communicating through social networking isnt limited to friend-to-friend dialogue; job hunting & dating websites are also available.
- The government uses social networking too! Keeping the public updated is one of their most common uses for the Internet.
- The use of social networking sites is growing in academic institutions. The fact that they provide a fun & interesting way to teach, thus keeping kids involved, is one of its biggest advantages.
- About Us. LinkedIn.com . 2008. 31 March 2010.
- Cohen, Howard. "Miami-Dade Schools Use Social Media to Reach Students - Miami- Dade - MiamiHerald.com." MiamiHerald.com - Miami & Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Miami Dolphins & More . 16 Mar. 2010. Web. 04 Apr. 2010.
- Elka. "Some Thoughts on Effective Social Networking | VoIP | Telecom| Mobility | Blog." VoIP | Telecom | Mobility | Blog . 31 Dec. 2009. Web. 05 Apr. 2010.
- Gordhamer, Soren. "5 Levels of Effective Communication in the Social Media Age." Social Media News and Web Tips Mashable The Social Media Guide . 4 Mar. 2010. Web. 04 Apr. 2010.
- Harris, Thor. "It's good to talk." ICIS Chemical Business 276.14 (2009): 33-5. Business Full Text . Web. 29 Mar. 2010.
- Juris, Jeffrey. Cultural Production in a Digital Age. Annals of the American Society of Political and Social Science . Jan. 2005: Vol 597.
- McCullum, Kenya. "Why Social Networking Is an Important Tool for Effective Job Hunting." Latest National Breaking News - Stay Current with Top Experts . Clarity Digital Group LLC, 14 July 2009. Web. 04 Apr. 2010
- Rutigliano, Richard. "Social Media can help you grow." Oilheating 68.11 (2009): 18, 20, 22. Business Full Text . Web. 29 Mar. 2010.
- Social Networks and Government. WebContent.gov . 19 November 2008. 31 March 2010.
View more >