fight for delight: start your design revolution
out of 19
Post on 17-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIntuit Innovation Leader Ben Blank shared tips for designers on how to make an impact in their organization at SXSW Interactive 2014. Follow Ben (@BlankBen) and Intuit (@IntuitInc) on Twitter.
- FIGHT FOR DELIGHT Start Your Design Revolution @BlankBen Presented March 10, 2014 at SXSW
- MY PASSION Helping designers make a big impact within their organization (while having more fun). I believe everyone has the potential to unlock their inner designer.
- BA A TALE OF TWO DESIGNERS
- Work feels like a struggle. They dont value design. No one listens to my ideas. Im the only one doing it. Not doing my best work, and not proud of the work Im doing. Im not making an impact, my work doesnt matter.
- Work is fun and rewarding. Im their secret weapon. People seek out my ideas I have support at many levels Im prolific. My best work takes place each and every day. I make a BIG impact on customers and the business. Work feels like a struggle. They dont value design. No one listens to my ideas. Im the only one doing it. Not doing my best work, and not proud of the work Im doing. Im not making an impact, my work doesnt matter.
- INNOVATION CATALYSTS 250 MORE PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME
- MAKING A BIG IMPACT + FUN
- HOW TO YOU GO FROM A to B Start a design revolution? Revolutionaries define themselves by what they stand FOR, not by what they stand against
- IT STARTS WITH YOU Fight for Delight (Its a challenge, but Ill share a few of our best moves)
- YOU ARE THE PRODUCT Apply your design skills to you, then your organization. Have deep empathy for your fellow employees. They are your customers. Fall in love with your customers problems, not your design solutions... Images Source Michael Hultstrm Creative Commons License
- BE AWESOME Delight your customers by going above and beyond. Make them passionate. Leave your ego at the door. Strive to know your customers better than they knows themselves. Images Source Michael Hultstrm Creative Commons License
- GO WHERE YOURE LOVED Double down on those who love you. Seek out like minded people & projects Start small, dont ask for Images Source Michael Hultstrm Creative Commons License
- USE JUDO Retell your story in the language of your organization. Let your story become their story. Leverage existing momentum in your favor Images Source Michael Hultstrm Creative Commons License
- BE INCLUSIVE Help others like you get started; you need them. Share the spotlight early and often. You cant do it alone. Help just one more person join Images Source Michael Hultstrm Creative Commons License
- SO Your are the Product Be Awesome Go Where Youre Loved Use Judo Be Inclusive
- YOUR OPPORTUNITY Only 10% of people in this room will take the first step. Make sure youre one of them. Will you lead, join or take part..? SECRET: Few people are willing to start a revolution, so the world is your oyster if you do.
- START NOW Your Challenge: Take the first step this week! Go where youre loved Start small Be awesome P.S. And let everyone in this room know how it goes.
- THANK YOU Share your Fight for Delight Journey: @BlankBen
View more >