events 101 - november 2011
out of 22
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation to ~100 non-profit and government leaders in Fairfax VA on DIY messaging related to public relations.
- 1. Review From Yesterday Online Mktg Social Public Media Relations
- 2. We do use Twitter and Facebooklinks in our ranking....We are also trying to figure out alittle about the reputation of anauthor on Twitter or Facebook. --Google executive Matt Cutts December 17, 2010
- 3. Promotion TodayTraditional Broadcast Newspapers Media USPS New Social Media Niche Sites Media Online News Sites
- 4. Traditional media didnt lose relevance There are more opportunities (to smaller audiences) than ever before
- 5. New media more than compensates Lower cost Easier access Better audience targeting Thorough understanding of engagement
- 6. Channels Social Non- Traditional Media Traditional Media Bloggers New Facebook Niche Ways to Twitter Sites Pitch & Engage
- 7. Our Conversation TodayWHO does all this work?WHAT tools do they use?HOW it is paid for?
- 8. Who
- 9. Who Resource ListInternsITT Extern Program 135 hours or no degreeTraining Futures, No Va. Family ServicesChantilly HS and other FCPS (minor payment)Advisory Board MembersLocal Chamber of Commerce networking
- 10. How?Think A New WayUse Untapped Currency
- 11. How Do We Pay? Find people who want something from you, not just do-gooders
- 12. Untapped Currency Links from your website to theirs A badge on their site as a digital certificate Joint press release or allow them to issue one Exclusive opportunitiesWhat can you give an organization or person that doesnt cost you money, but is valuable?
- 13. What Tools?200 active, reputable social media tools online. HootSuite.com Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & more Multiple Users for accounts Low Cost Metrics Message Scheduling!
- 14. Press Release Distribution $100-$400 / release
- 15. Be A Source 30,000 Journalists 210 Queries Sent Daily Up to 3 Emails
- 16. Blog It - FREE
- 17. Keep Track 10 free licenses $15,000 value Non-profits Schools
- 18. There Is A Better Way
View more >