essay writer: the tell-tale heart” mini- ?· “the tell-tale heart” mini-essay...
Post on 26-Jun-2018
Embed Size (px)
The Tell-Tale Heart Mini-Essay Peer/Self-Assessment Checklist
I have carefully read over the essay, and I have answered the questions honestly.
________________________________________________ Editors Signature (aka cursive)
Essay Writer: __________________________________________
Directions: Read over your peers essay very carefully and answer each of the following questions to the best of your ability.
Be honest! This is an opportunity for you to help your peer to identify mistakes and fix them before composing the final draft.
1. Does this essay include all of the required parts? (see the front board for the requirements) YES NO
If not, what is missing? ______________________________________________________________________
2. Does this essay follow the proper order modeled in the sample essay? YES NO
If not, what is out of order? ___________________________________________________________________
3. Does the assertion match the example perfectly (spelling, punctuation, etc.)? YES NO
4. Does this essay have three quotes? YES NO
5. Do all three quotes have context + verbatim direct quote + (#).? YES NO
If not, what is missing? _______________________________________________________________________
6. After each evidence sentence, are there commentary sentences explaining what the quote shows/proves
without repeating the evidence? YES NO
7. Does this essay have one complete sentence to transition from appearance into reality? YES NO
8. Does this essay have two reality quotes? YES NO
Does each reality quote sentence begin with a transition word/phrase? YES NO
9. Does this essay include a conclusion statement? YES NO
Does the conclusion statement begin with a transition word/phrase? YES NO
Does the conclusion statement reflect a universal idea about human nature? (It should.) YES NO
Does the conclusion statement repeat any details/evidence from the essay? (It shouldnt.) YES NO
10. Does the essay have any obvious spelling, capitalization, or punctuation errors? YES NO