ephesians 2:10. created for good works not the source of our salvation. ephesians 2:8-9 are the...
out of 15
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Ephesians 2:10
- Slide 2
- Created For Good Works Not the source of our salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9 Are the result of our salvation. Ephesians 2:10 Many do good works and are lost. Matthew 7:21; Acts 10:2, 22
- Slide 3
- Created For Good Works We Are His Workmanship Created Ephesians 4:24 Used of the act of God (cf. Romans 1:25) In Christ Jesus Ephesians 1:3; 2 Corinthians 5:17 New creatures.
- Slide 4
- Created For Good Works for good works God does not intend for us to be passive. cf. James 4:17 knoweth to do good and doeth it not Which God afore prepared Ephesians 1:3-4; cf. Titus 2:11ff, etc. That we should walk in them. cf. Titus 2 How to live!
- Slide 5
- God Defines Good Works Proverbs 14:12 What are good works? Good question! John 6:27-29 His word defines them and equips us to do them. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Titus 2:11
- Slide 6
- What Are Good Works? What Are Good Works? Hebrews 13:20-21 Now the God of peace make you perfect in every good thing to do his will, working in us that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom (be) the glory for ever and ever. Amen. Good work Do good works Doing Gods will Please God
- Slide 7
- Your Good Works Are Observable. 1 Timothy 5:24-25 By God. Matthew 6:2-4 By people. Matthew 5:13-16; 1 Peter 2:11- 12 Are Influential. Matthew 5:13, 16; 1 Peter 2:12 Pauls desire was to save. cf. 1 Corinthians 9:22
- Slide 8
- Your Good Works Are Not In Vain. 1 Corinthians 15:58 By them God is working in us that which is well pleasing in his sight. Hebrews 13:21 Rest comes to those who labor now. That they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them Revelation 14:13; cf. Hebrews 4:10
- Slide 9
- To Walk In Good Works, We Must Be an example (pattern) of good works Titus 2:7 An example; a form to follow; a figure formed by a blow or impression cf. Philippians 3:17; 1 Timothy 4:12. Since your good works are observable & influential they are to be an example for others to follow. Like Titus, we are to be examples for Christ in word, attitude, worship, character, service, etc.
- Slide 10
- Be Zealous for Good Works Titus 2:14. Burning with, most eagerly desirous of, fervent, burning desire. We are to stir up good works in each other Hebrews 10:24. It is not grievous but a joy to walk in good works of God! 1 John 5:3; 2:5 Do not begrudge (resent) doing the good works of God. To Walk In Good Works, We Must
- Slide 11
- Be Ready for Every Good Work Titus 3:1. Prepared, ready, using opportunities. (Ephesians 5:16). Ready to give answer. (1 Peter 3:15) Readiness implies watchfulness & faithfulness to do what is good cf. Matthew 24:42-46; (1 Timothy 6:17-19). Shows wisdom rather than selfish ambitions cf. Colossians 4:5-6. To Walk In Good Works, We Must
- Slide 12
- Be Careful to Maintain Good Works Titus 3:8. Careful to think, to be careful, thoughtful to give attention to. Maintain fix their attention on being active in providing help' or '... in giving aid (Greek-English - Semantic Domain). Thoughtful and careful to continue to attend to good works. To Walk In Good Works, We Must
- Slide 13
- How? By giving diligent attention to Gods word 2 Timothy 2:15. By looking for opportunities to apply it! cf. Galatians 6:10 No room for neglect / apathy in carefully maintaining good works!
- Slide 14
- To Walk In Good Works, We Must Learn to Maintain Good Works Titus 3:14. Increase our knowledge by use and practice; to be in the habit of (cf. Hebrews 5:14). Goodness characteristic of the fruit of the Spirit. cf. Galatians 5:22-23.
- Slide 15
- Conclusion: God has prepared good works for all who are in Christ Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them. Only those who do the good works of God are pleasing to Him Hebrews 13:21. make you perfect in every good thing to do his will, working in us that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom (be) the glory for ever and ever. Amen.
View more >
Ephesians & Colossians Spring Quarter 2012. Chapter 2 God’s Plan For Our Salvation God’s projection for His grace (7) Salvation is by grace; No man should
Not Salvation History, but Salvation Territory: The History.pdf · Not Salvation History, but Salvation…
Ch. 1: God’s Good Creation: The Beginning of Salvation History Ch. 1: God’s Good Creation: The Beginning of Salvation History
Ephesians: Building a Community in Christ Introducing Building a Community in Christ . Introducing Ephesians . The American Christian tendency is to emphasize individual salvation without moving on to the
PAUL'S MYSTERY IN EPHESIANS 3 - ?· PAUL'S MYSTERY IN EPHESIANS 3 W. HAROLD MARE, Ph.D. The book of Ephesians presents to us a glorious list of doctrines con-cerning God's salvation and its application
Palos Park Presbyterian Community Church. Salvation in Christ The Good News: Salvation is a gift. Ephesians 2: 8-9 – –For by grace you have been saved
Ephesians 2:1- 10. Good News: You baptized seven people today in the river. Ephesians 2:1- 10 Bad News: You lost two of them in the swift current. Good