employee assistance program (eap) - agnesian healthcare for assistance....
Post on 05-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)? An EAP is a worksite resource for organizations designed to enhance employee health and productivity through prevention, identification, and resolution of personal and family issues that might interfere with work.
EAP benefits Research has shown a positive Return on Investment (ROI) for EAPs using several different outcome variables, including: • Productivity improvement • Reduced absenteeism • Lowered healthcare utilization/costs • Improved retention • Reduced use of sick leave • Reduced accidents at work
What do EAPs do? EAPs provide employees with access to confidential and professional assistance when they need it. When employees recognize a concern and access their EAP, the EAP can help resolve their concerns. When concerns do appear on the job, supervisors and managers work with employees to address the concerns, seek and receive appropriate counseling or treatment, and return to work with renewed productivity. In this way, an EAP can serve as an effective human resources management tool, as well as a desirable employee and family wellness benefit.
Scope of services • Management Consultation - Consultation is provided to managers, supervisors and leadership staff on how to intervene when there are production and/or behavioral concerns with employees.
• Supervisor EAP Training - EAP supervisory training educates leadership staff on how to identify troubled employees and how to constructively confront them and refer them to EAP for assistance.
• Employee Orientation - On-site orientation sessions inform all employees about the program’s services.
• EAP Program Promotion - EAP brochures, cards and posters are available to the company on an ongoing basis as needed.
• Employee Life and Work Enhancement Presentations - Agnesian Work & Wellness can provide on-site presentations to employee groups on various personal well-being, life and family management, and job success topics.
• Assessment/Counseling - Personal consultation on issue evaluation, resolution and/or referral options.
• Case Management of Formal (Job Performance) Referrals - EAP will serve as the case manager of management-initiated referrals of employees with work performance issues.
• 24-Hour Telephone Availability - The EAP is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling (920) 924-0614 or (800) 458-8183.
• Agnesian Work & Wellness EAP Web Site Access - For an overview of services, links to helpful information, e-letters on timely topics and resource listings, visit agnesian.com/workandwellness.
Additional Services • Critical incident stress management • Statistical program activity reports • Quality assurance/program evaluation • Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) services • Legal referral • Corporate consulting services