Post on 16-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
1) Reflection: Write about a time that you have been mistaken
in your judgment of someone or when someone has been
mistaken in a judgment about you.How did you feel afterward? What lessons did you learn?
2) Talk about the most interesting or exotic place you have traveled and describe your experience with traveling.
3) Write a sentence or two about a family member who is very important to you and why.
4) Talk about a time you have been in a public space, such as
an airport, metro, bus. What are the sights, smells and sounds?
5) Describe a time that you have had to move or lost somethingyou were attached to. How did you come to terms and adjust?
6) Do you have a favorite literary work or character? What do
you like about that work/character that draws you to it?
7) When I grow up, I wanna be........
April 30, 2014
The feeling that you care about and are sorry about someone else's trouble, grief, misfortune, etc.
An affinity, association, or relationship between persons or things wherein whatever affects one similarly affects the other
The feeling that you understand and share another person's experiences and emotions : the ability to share someone else's feelings
The action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner
How do WE succeed in empathizing with THEM?
finding common ground
What do you see in someone that makes them like you?Regional connections? Shared interest in experiences & activities? A genuine love of family, friends and fun? A common humanity?
We basically identify with the culture we relate most closely to, want to emulate the most, and thus begin to shape ourselves in that way, gradually
taking on mannerisms or fashion styles. In finding
common ground, we must do the same thing,
embracing different culture for example by sharing
in their food, by walking in their footsteps.
If our style defines who we are through our interests, and gives us identity, what defines our style?Experiences? Values?
Following in footsteps
Connect with characters
Interpret key themes about mankind
Management & relationships
Use pathos and personal charisma to exert influence, win support
Make more informed decisions by walking in others' shoes