Email, Calendar, Chat Stakeholder Engagement. Project Goal Identify, acquire and implement new email, calendar and possibly chat services. Oracle Calendar.
Post on 16-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Email, Calendar, Chat Stakeholder Engagement
- Slide 2
- Project Goal Identify, acquire and implement new email, calendar and possibly chat services. Oracle Calendar is End-of-Life as of 8/10 Opportunity
- Slide 3
- Project Phases and Activities 213 ID eval team Create RFP Create RFP eval framework Solicit providers Evaluate RFP responses Compete proof of concept(s) Recommend solution Acquire solution Organize Identify groups Engage campus Gather input Create RFI Distribute RFI Review RFI responses Engage solution providers Compile Develop formal requirements Create infrastructure implementation plan Implement infrastructure Create migration plan Execute migration plan
- Slide 4
- Scope Users: Faculty, staff, students and affiliates Functions: Email, calendar and chat No preconceptions as we plan.
- Slide 5
- Possible different solutions For different user populations (e.g. students and faculty/staff) By function (email, calendar, chat) By interaction (PC, mobile, etc.)
- Slide 6
- Requirements and assessment framework may include. Evaluation of web user interface Compatibility with UIs commonly used by our users (e.g. iCal, Outlook, Thunderbird) Wont actually assess the clients Focus on standards that allow a wide variety of clients to operate effectively
- Slide 7
- Stakeholders Academic Departments, business-administrative focused users Administrative Council Administrative Process Redesign Project Administrative Units Alternative consumers of the calendar information Campus IT Policy Forum Information Technology Committee Instruction Madison Technology Advisory Committee R25 and EMS users
- Slide 8
- More Stakeholders Research Centers Research Executive Advisory Council Resource and Classroom schedulers Areas that run their own Strategic Plan - Enterprise Infrastructure Services Work Team Strategic Plan - Research Services and Support Working Group Student Advising groups Student Groups Student Information Technology Initiative Advisory Committee WiscCal Advisory Group WiscMail Advisory Group Wisconsin Open Organization for Help Desk Associates - WOOHA
- Slide 9
- Non-functional stakeholders DoIT Calendar Team DoIT Email Team DoIT Help Desk DoIT Middleware Services Team (MST) DoIT Security DoIT Systems Engineering and Operations (SEO) Office of Campus Information Security (OCIS) University Legal
- Slide 10
- Are we missing a significant perspective?
- Slide 11
- Higher Ed Overview Recent survey of 31 research universities 11 have moved to the cloud for student email, most Google but several MS Live 15 are planning to/moving students to the cloud Most evaluating a move to the cloud or a hosted solution (e.g. hosted Exchange)
- Slide 12
- What are your colleagues at other institutions doing?
- Slide 13
- Current climate Mobile Cloud Social networks
- Slide 14
- Your use? Your users?
- Slide 15
- What weve heard More storage Better integration across calendaring systems Few people use just one Few people interact with people who use the same one Better integration between components Better user interfaces Possibility to retain email services after graduation
- Slide 16
- What weve heard Auto-populate calendar with class events Auto-contact persistence Auto-save email drafts Pre-populate groups (class lists, etc.)
- Slide 17
- Whats important to you? Who do you need to work with? What does a campus service need to work with Other ECC services? Other services? What works well with current services (WiscMail, WiscCal, WiscChat)? What doesnt work well? Features you like from other providers? Things you dont like from other providers?
- Slide 18
- Why are you hosting your own?
- Slide 19
- Feedback to team Sandee Seiberlich: firstname.lastname@example.org@doit.wisc.edu Steve Devoti: email@example.com@wisc.edu Project information www.cio.wisc.edu/projects/planning.aspx Join email list: firstname.lastname@example.org_interest@lists.wisc.edu Survey coming
View more >
Set up email, calendar and contacts - up email, calendar and contacts You can connect to your EQ email account on an iPhone. ... details cannot be verified 10.
Email & Calendar Project Feb 28, 2008 – ISC Update – Gerrit Bos CCS Computing and Communications Services.