eleventh five year plan
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.Towards Faster and More Inclusive Growth An Approach to the 11 thFive Year Plan (2007 2012)
2. Vision for the 11 thPlan Broad based and InclusiveGrowth 3. Socio-economic Targets
- Accelerating Growth
- Inclusive Development
- Bridging Divides
4. Accelerating Growth 5. Accelerating Growth
- Accelerate growth rate of GDP from 8% to10%
- Increase agricultural GDP growth rate to 4%
- Increase Industrial GDP growth rate to 10.5%
- Increase Services GDP growth rate to 9.4%
6. Inclusive Development 7. Inclusive Development
- Reduce dropout rates of children from
- elementary school
- Regular testing monitor effectiveness of
- education to ensure quality.
- Increase literacy rate for persons of age 7 years
- or more to 85%.
- Lower gender gap in literacy to 10 percentage
Empowerment through Education 8. Inclusive Development Strategy for Better Health
- Reduce infant mortality rate (IMR) to 28 per
- 1000 live births.
- Reduce Total Fertility Rate to 2.
- Provide clean drinking water for all by 2009.
- Reduce malnutrition among children of age group
- 0-3 to half its present level.
- Reduce anaemia among women and girls by 50%
9. Inclusive Development Rural Infrastructure
- BHARAT NIRMAN (2009)
- (a fully centrally funded time bound action plan)
- Ensure electricity connection to all villages and
- BPL households by 2009.
- Ensure all-weather road connection to all
- habitation with population 1000 and above by
- Connect every village by telephone by November
- 2007 and provide broadband connectivity to all
- villages by 2012.
10. Bridging Divides 11. Bridging Divides
- Rural-Urban Divide
- Gender Equity
- Bringing on par: SCs, STs, Minorities andothers
- left behind.
(including the excluded) 12. Bridging Divides Rural-Urban Divide
- Growth of Agriculture.
- The Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- Proper implementation of different programmes in
- rural areas for education, health, housing, water
- supply, electrification and telecommunication.
13. Gender Equity Bridging Divides
- Economic empowerment of Women.
- Womens Health.
- Political participation.
- Violence against women.
14. Bridging Divides Bringing on par: SCs, STs, Minorities etc.
- Educational Upliftment.
- Economic and political empowerment.
- Eradication of Bonded Labour and their
- Special Component Plan for SCs.
15. Strategy for more faster and inclusive growth
- Regaining Agricultural Dynamism.
- Promoting access to Health and education.
- Developing Rural Infrastructure.
- Special focus on Weaker Sections.