electronic banking ach or icl? in-house vs. out-source payment processing utility payment conference
out of 28
Post on 21-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Electronic Banking ACH or ICL? In-House vs. Out-Source Payment Processing Utility Payment Conference
- Slide 2
- Arizona Public Service (APS) is Arizonas largest and oldest utility, serving since 1886 More than 1.1 million customers in 11 of the states 15 counties, about 35,000 sq miles Current Payment Processing Distribution: 55% Electronically 35% US Mail 10% Business Offices Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 3
- In-House or Out-Source? Our Considerations: Current system was 13 years old Mailed-in payments dropped from 72% to 38% of total payment volume between 1990 to 2008, but still significant Replace armored car pickup with electronic banking Leverage technology to process more than payments; anticipating continued payment volume decrease Centralize data input to better utilized skilled customer service representatives to address customer needs Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 4
- Options BanksNon-Banks -JP Morgan Chase - CDS Global -Wachovia - Regulus Group -Bank of America - First Data Corp -Wells Fargo In-House BancTec (Unisys) Wausau Financial Systems J & B Software Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 5
- Quantitative Results Outsourcers: Competitive process pricing for: singles clean payments Less competitive pricing for: non-clean payments (white mail, checks only) exception payments (research, correspondence) non-payment transactions Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 6
- Quantitative Results In-House: Over an 8 year period projected payment processing costs were competitive Advantage is gained in managing exception transactions Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 7
- Qualitative Results Out-Source Advantages As volume decreases over time so would costs Technology remains current Built-in Disaster Recovery Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 8
- Qualitative Results In-House Advantages Maintain control of customer data Same day exception processing (Customer PR) Timely exception transaction processing Reduce costs by leveraging technology for non- payment transactions Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 9
- Decision In-House with Wausau Financial Systems System was justified on payments alone Non-payment transaction processing was icing on the cake! Ability to capture and store non-payment images at the Customer Account level Timeliness and control of postings Automation of Non-Payment processing leverages the technology and improves accuracy and performance Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 10
- Banking Options Automated Clearing House (ACH) V s. Image Cash Letter (Check 21) Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 11
- RFP for ACH/ICL Services Submitted to 3 banks JP Morgan Chase Bank of America Wells Fargo Assumptions Compare using Bank vs. APS decisioning Percentage of ARC Eligible Items 80.0% Percentage of ICL Eligible Items 8.0% Percentage of IRD Eligible Items 12.0% Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 12
- Bank Results Total Costs Per Item ICL & ARC - Bank Decision ICL and ARC APS Decision Bank 1.$0.034 Bank 2.$0.040$0.030 Bank 3.$0.029 * Banks in no particular order Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 13
- Bank Decision APS will perform decisioning to control costs We chose all 3 banks to: Maintain our relationship with each Bank Keep competitive pricing in play Overall projected annual savings $57,000 Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 14
- Major Project Initiatives Configuration & changes of WFS System to our needs Testing with each Bank for ICL and ACH files Enhancements to APS Customer System for multiple payment files and non-payment transactions Leverage new B2B processes Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 15
- Payment Transactions Single Check, Single Stub Multiple Checks, Single Stub Single Check, Multiple Stubs Multiple Checks, Multiple Stubs Checks Without Payment Stubs Accounts Receivable Lists Money Orders Process bank NSF Files and systematically reverse payments Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 16
- Payment Transactions All payments are compared to Hot Files for: Cash Only Id and Rejection Pending Shut Off Orders ARC Opt-Out (Process as Image) Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 17
- Non-Payment Transactions SurePay, SHARE Pledges & E3 Low Income Enrollment from Bill Stub (marksense detection) from Application form (full page scans) Undeliverable Refund Checks and Bill Statements Change of Address (marksense detection) On-Demand Images for CIS at Customer Account level Systematic Customer Account Note Updates Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 18
- Bill Stub Samples SurePay on Page 2Address/Phone change Based on mark sense detection Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 19
- SurePay Application Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 20
- Share on Stub Name Address City, State, Zip Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 21
- Share Card Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 22
- E3 Application Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 23
- E3 Recertification Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 24
- Lessons Learned Bank Validation Process takes time ACH and ICL are different groups within each bank To thine own system be true Test, Test, and Test some more Include all interfaces Include all jobs, even if you think they do not apply Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 25
- Results Since Installation Deposit Distribution Percentage of ARC Eligible Items 78.9% 2,157,904 checks Percentage of ICL Eligible Items 21.0% 573,249 checks Percentage of Paper Checks 0.1% 3,026 Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 26
- Results Since Installation Non Payment Transactions SurePay 28,044 Back of Bill 8,000 Applications20,044 E3 Low Income 103,504 CIS Refund Checks 11,369 Returned Mail103,731 We met our Financial Goals Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 27
- Q & A Electronic Banking ACH or ICL?
- Slide 28
- William Dow Sr. Project Manager Arizona Public Service 602-250-2110 William.firstname.lastname@example.org
View more >
2016 NJGFOA Efficiency through MCSJ - 3 Color Themes Color Themes - --- CSS CCSSSSCSS EEEE----Billing and Auto ACH Payment Billing and Auto ACH Payment
NEW BUSINESS WORKSHOP PARTICIPANT GUIDE - TN.gov Business Workshop Participant Guide ... • Electronic Commerce ... Payment Options-ACH Debit through Global Payment Systems
ACH Direct Payments (PAD) Service - RBC Royal Border Payment Processing .....5 IAT Format- Originator…
Enterprise Payment System ACH Debit: Allows USPS to withdraw payment transactions directly from your
Payment Systems ACH Payments. Basic Concepts ACH Payments Governing Law EFTA applies to natural persons with consumer accounts. Common Law of Contracts
2 ACH Payment Processing ACH Payment Processing . ... Toll Free: (888) 883-2180 ... Social Security originates prenotifications for Direct Deposit enrollments
202011-12-12169 1 MISCELLANEOUS ACH CREDIT cust Ref: 00000000000 1691 MISCELLANEOUS ACH CREDIT cust Ref: 00000000000 169 / MISCELLANEOUS ACH CREDIT Cust Ref: 00000000000 Veolia PMD PAYMENT 1 1 1115 577037 MVr.Rcvbls 1691 MISCELLANEOUS
Daubert Autonomic Homeostasis Revised - ACMT - ?· ganglion ACh NE CNS ACh ACh ACh Secreting ... Peripheral…
SAP ACH Payment Configuration - ACH · Page 4 SAP ACH Payment configuration Introduction ACH format creates payment media for domestic
FINANCIAL Information - Belmont Payment Information VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS AND ACH PAYMENT (E-CHECK) You can pay online through my. using e